Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require? - page 12. (Read 5434 times)

Activity: 320
Merit: 10
September 26, 2018, 01:01:13 PM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

KYC is not always required in bounty campaigns to receive your tokens, some have no KYC, some have KYC, and some are the investors are needed to pass the KYC. KYC is a good form, because the team wants to know if you are true and not a robot, and if you are a citizen of that country or not. Because there are some ICO that is restricted to some areas.
Activity: 537
Merit: 12
September 26, 2018, 12:54:52 PM
I am totally against KYC. It is meaningless and it is a formality that solve no problems, but creates a lot more problems. And of course a lot of ICO are abusing KYC and try to collect data, they are not supposed to have.
This is hardly a formality only. Bounty managers are fighting this way against multiaccounts. In ICO, in some cases this is required by law. But often they collect data about us for unknown reasons. I passed the KYC twice. Once it was scam.
Activity: 115
Merit: 1
September 26, 2018, 12:46:53 PM
I really don't understand why we have to give our data. Now there are many ICO scams, and the personal data provided by them can be used by scammers to the detriment of you. They can sell that information.
Activity: 824
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 26, 2018, 12:34:26 PM
I am totally against KYC. It is meaningless and it is a formality that solve no problems, but creates a lot more problems. And of course a lot of ICO are abusing KYC and try to collect data, they are not supposed to have.
Activity: 644
Merit: 272
September 26, 2018, 12:27:03 PM
in my opinion KYC is very important if used wisely and honestly, kyc functions are needed to overcome various types of fraud, for example multi accounts and restricted countries

Yeah, but sometimes, they request KYC for silly things. I joined an aidrop for ICO months ago and recently got an email, notifying me that I received the tokens, but I need to do KYC if I want to withdraw them. Checking their current value, the tokens were worth whole $7.  Cheesy
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
September 26, 2018, 12:24:53 PM
in my opinion KYC is very important if used wisely and honestly, kyc functions are needed to overcome various types of fraud, for example multi accounts and restricted countries
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
September 26, 2018, 11:36:11 AM
KYC is required for certain ICO's and is also required on most FIAT gateways (exchanges). Even certain wallets (Shapeshift) are implementing KYC.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
September 26, 2018, 11:31:06 AM
KYC - this is some fiction) All the crypto currency is anonymous and decentralized! I would be very surprised if I was asked about my personal data ...
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
September 26, 2018, 11:26:54 AM
Well, again, not all of course projects require kyc, usually reported at the beginning of the company , but sometimes there are cases that after require, but again at your own risk to pass kyc
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
September 26, 2018, 11:25:46 AM
KYC is sometimes needed when someone will put their own money on the ICO. Some earn their money in dirty ways and they do participate ICOs to make the stolen money be unnoticeable are it is exchange to tokens. The ICO is only aware if there are some people just taking advantage on it to continue doing illegal things and evade the authority easily because being on crypto makes you anonymous that makes bad people hidden.
Activity: 714
September 26, 2018, 11:25:18 AM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
KYC and AML is required by governments, they do it to protect themselves. Every investing/financial company on the world which receives and sends money should verify their customers to detect money laundering.
Activity: 1071
September 26, 2018, 11:21:27 AM
ICO projects require know your customer data in order to avoid some legal problems. As far as i know, if we want to participate in these projects, actually even if we don't want we will give it an identity.
Activity: 224
Bounty Detective
September 26, 2018, 11:12:33 AM
In some ways it having a KYC requirements really helps a lot to reduced and limit alternative accounts and also multiple scammers account but it has also have its cons which is it harms people's identity and infomation.
Activity: 602
September 26, 2018, 11:10:25 AM
I don't think so, in my owned experience in the four bounty program i joined i have one bounty which required KYC, and it is still on going and processing. But i don't think that it is hard for the bounty hunter like us but still i am waiting for the success of it.
Activity: 182
Crypto Depository Receipts
September 26, 2018, 11:08:07 AM
Identification of the personality here without need. The cryptocurrency was thought up as free means of payment without initialization of the personality
Activity: 896
Merit: 100
September 26, 2018, 11:05:52 AM
Regulations is coming to cryptocurrency and in particular ICO investment.  The ICO participation and popularity has captured the attention of the regulators and the government are looking at the way to protect their citizens!
how does the government protect its citizens with KYC regulations on cryptocurrency? For countries that reject crypto, I don't think that they will give permission to all invest, it is proven that some countries are not allowed to follow ico investments. but I think that is not a form of government protection against citizens. kyc is a rule that must be done now to provide our data as people who have crypto assets. not only on ico but now the exchange has also obliged us to do kyc in possession of cryptocurrency assets.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
September 26, 2018, 11:02:15 AM
I think soon KYC will be left in the past , just like decentralization against centralization, users will look for something that won't require time and personal data showing.
Activity: 240
Merit: 0
September 26, 2018, 11:00:48 AM
Personally, I think not, KYC is something that should be exclusive use of exchanges to avoid scams and manipulations in trading, but it is not something that you should give to receive a bounty of a token, so I am in favor of privacy tokens, airdrops such as priv do not require it and continue to give you tokens at the end of the ad.
Activity: 658
September 26, 2018, 11:00:02 AM
Regulations is coming to cryptocurrency and in particular ICO investment.  The ICO participation and popularity has captured the attention of the regulators and the government are looking at the way to protect their citizens!
Activity: 195
Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ
September 26, 2018, 10:58:48 AM
Some project needs KYC in order to participate in their ICOs but I think this is not mandated. I don't think what is the main intention of those ICOs who needs the KYC of every investors, every investors must be anonymous specially if they are a bigtime investors or even not.
Pages:
Jump to: