Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC now required - page 2. (Read 16126 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
April 04, 2019, 05:46:17 AM
I don't miss being a verified special snowflake. I hated that title.

https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/14/blob7ef4c6122286e4a1.png
Did that hurt you? You sure are a special snowflake, aren’t you? Roll Eyes

Edit:
Were you a verified troll?   Tongue
Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
April 04, 2019, 12:35:44 AM

starting to miss this title Roll Eyes
At least you got a screenshot on your title. I'm missing mine but I didn't do a screenshot for this Sad. I miss being a verified google translator.

That was definitely the funniest title.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
April 03, 2019, 08:56:55 PM

At least you got a screenshot on your title. I'm missing mine but I didn't do a screenshot for this Sad. I miss being a verified google translator.

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
April 03, 2019, 03:55:20 PM
Thank you theymos for another great April Fools Day. This time I didn't believed even for a second, first thing what I did in morning of April 1st - I went to Meta to check what did you did this time. Hell froze over just for a one day Cheesy
It's interesting how cheaters who are abusing bounties and doing other shady things with multiple accounts reacted to a KYC thing Cheesy
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
April 03, 2019, 03:48:46 PM

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
April 03, 2019, 11:59:19 AM
I cloned the page if you want it and didn't.

I'll take a look if you want to send it, I didn't get a copy of anything. It's always fun to look at April fools' day source code, though. Grin
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
April 03, 2019, 11:18:51 AM
Anyone else do a validation check and just submit the form blank?

There is nothing to worry about, I'm told the weather in Guantanamo is excellent for sun bathing.   Please remain calm, all data used will be at the sole discretion of agents who only require your blood samples to complete the survey either voluntarily or after you are rendered unconscious for your own comfort while en-route. Please enjoy your stay
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 03, 2019, 08:02:53 AM
Whether the form was captured by the forum or not, I'm sure cloudflare at least got a copy of it... or, the verified illuminati's, so maybe someone somewhere out there got some sort of enjoyment out of it.  Grin

It's theoretically possible that CF could've inserted some JavaScript to do that, but absent some sort of active MITM attack like that, your browser didn't even send the data to the Internet.

Say it ain't so, Joe! I was hopin' that you read my humorous submission. #TrumpSad!!!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 105
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 03, 2019, 02:53:14 AM
Nice joke! I watched couple of pages of the thread and stayed surprised that there are many photos that looks pretty real. Was there anyone who filled the form at all???
I think many if to consider that more than 2 million people are registered at a forum, there are beginners, or just not skilled participants.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
April 02, 2019, 10:28:28 PM

Awwww, I'd Smerit this, but I gave my last one to that purple kind bud!
legendary
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
April 02, 2019, 09:36:07 PM
I capped mine Smiley

The coordinates suggest that I was on Elwar's seastead..

Funny thing..
I left it open in paint on my computer all day, GF saw it, and asked if I had some strange fantasies about my future sex life..
It was pretty funny when I started googling the names to show her..

IOU sM+, I think we all blew our loads yesterday. Cheesy

Yep, just to see if anything would happen. Smiley
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
April 02, 2019, 07:47:50 PM
@eddie13, it'd have been awkward if her name wasn't on there .

I'd have to check the source of the KYC page then Tongue  It felt like it posted back to the forum and some sort of response was received, in which case, I assumed the fields were being sent. I never looked at the source though since I knew it wasn't real, but it felt like it posted back.. what was included in the
, who knows... looks can be deceiving!  I assume if the was down at the bottom with no inputs and just a submit button, it wouldn't have sent anything through CF.

I cloned the page if you want it and didn't.

im disappointed we didn't get the scores from last year. Those were great although we might have killed the database with all that!
Activity: 476
Merit: 92
April 02, 2019, 04:04:13 PM
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
April 02, 2019, 03:33:10 PM
I capped mine Smiley

The coordinates suggest that I was on Elwar's seastead..

Funny thing..
I left it open in paint on my computer all day, GF saw it, and asked if I had some strange fantasies about my future sex life..
It was pretty funny when I started googling the names to show her..
legendary
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
April 02, 2019, 03:12:03 PM
I submitted my information as J.J. from Good Times... even posted the picture to go along with it. I'm disappointed nobody will ever get to see that I looked up the address and everything! (occupation: I work with dy-no-mite.... come on, this is good stuff!) 

Whether the form was captured by the forum or not, I'm sure cloudflare at least got a copy of it... or, the verified illuminati's, so maybe someone somewhere out there got some sort of enjoyment out of it.  Grin

Haahahahaha...

such a snapshot of your 70s humor will be lost to the elusive interweb clouds forever and ever and ever...   Cry Cry Cry
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
April 02, 2019, 02:02:32 PM
It's theoretically possible that CF could've inserted some JavaScript to do that, but absent some sort of active MITM attack like that, your browser didn't even send the data to the Internet.

I'd have to check the source of the KYC page then Tongue  It felt like it posted back to the forum and some sort of response was received, in which case, I assumed the fields were being sent. I never looked at the source though since I knew it wasn't real, but it felt like it posted back.. what was included in the , who knows... looks can be deceiving!  I assume if the was down at the bottom with no inputs and just a submit button, it wouldn't have sent anything through CF.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
April 02, 2019, 01:36:13 PM

Activity: 630
Merit: 107
April 02, 2019, 12:12:05 PM
April fools!

2541 people submitted the KYC form, but the actual data entered into the form was never even sent to bitcointalk.org, much less collected. So if you actually entered any sensitive info there, you should feel a bit silly, but don't worry about it. (Probably some people left funny comments, but regrettably these were not collected.)

The verification flairs were random.

Thanks to Mr. Big, hilariousandco, malevolent, Halab, Mitchell, and Xal0lex for contributing ideas related to this, and to everyone else for having fun with it!

I knew your move from the very beginning . Last year also you had added "karma" & all to trick us . I filled "April fool" in the form . Experienced users won't get tricked so easily . You may try it on Newbies though .
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
April 02, 2019, 12:01:37 PM
Whether the form was captured by the forum or not, I'm sure cloudflare at least got a copy of it... or, the verified illuminati's, so maybe someone somewhere out there got some sort of enjoyment out of it.
Cloudflare has now 2541 KYC form to dig for few cents  Tongue

I already miss my title : ✅ Verified Bitcoin baron. I want to "extend" the duration please
Activity: 518
Merit: 21
April 02, 2019, 11:09:29 AM
Well done sir, i'm a little tipsy and it took me about 2 minutes to figure it out.   It finally "clicked" when I saw this:

"Please list all of your past, present, and future romantic partners (note that we may contact them for further information):"
Lesson learn do not use bitcointalk forum when you are drunk. This may lead you to wrong decisions and confusions. LOL! BTW, i made a lot of fun seeing verified users in their personal text appeared in to which some of the users were verified crypto drama generator!
Pages:
Jump to: