Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC Safe or Threat - page 3. (Read 692 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 3
Translator EN->RU▐ Portfolio: goo.gl/LtBh4K
April 03, 2018, 08:28:59 PM
Of course KYC is a threat.

The FIANCIA project in its spreadsheet published the personal phones of those who passed the KYC.
Does someone else want to go through this procedure?
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 05:33:05 AM

KYC is often one of the requirements for the platform or exchange to operate legally within its jurisdiction.
sometimes there is no choice.
either the platform is compliant or it risks being closed down / deemed illigal.

Activity: 280
Merit: 62
April 02, 2018, 03:37:38 PM
I think it's a great way to earn some extra cash by solving all gathered personal data to black market.

In my opinion KYC brakes one of the main idea of crypto-world - anonymity.

Anonymity is in trend now, and it worth a lot.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
April 02, 2018, 03:31:33 PM
Of course its a threat.

Half the large companies cant secure personal data, most exchanges have been hacked at some point so what makes you think your personal I.D will held securely.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
April 02, 2018, 03:25:47 PM
KYC faced the real security issues. Someone can steal your data by hacking the platform and use it for criminal purpose. But in other hand, crypto world still finding the best ways how to protect crypto transaction form money laundery, human trafficking and drugs transaction.

I think, its a big responsibelity to keep KYC data safe. If not, crypto will had bad ending.

There are many projects out there that can prove identity such as The Key or Civic. The problem is that the ICOs are not managing this issue correctly and that makes them loose prospective investors. Like myself.
Activity: 105
Merit: 4
https://ibb.co/XsR8nPG
April 02, 2018, 03:24:03 PM
KYC faced the real security issues. Someone can steal your data by hacking the platform and use it for criminal purpose. But in other hand, crypto world still finding the best ways how to protect crypto transaction form money laundery, human trafficking and drugs transaction.

I think, its a big responsibelity to keep KYC data safe. If not, crypto will had bad ending.
Pages:
Jump to: