Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to receive bounty rewards. - page 8. (Read 822 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
May 01, 2018, 12:20:37 PM
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
May 01, 2018, 12:17:14 PM
Doing KYC verification is removing the essence of decentralized in the cryptocurrency. I can not able to understand why they need a KYC for a bounty or airdrop. Well, some of ICO required a KYC verification for security purpose. But Personally, It is a sign of inapplicable the team about security.
Activity: 451
Merit: 10
May 01, 2018, 12:06:49 PM
I personally do not like kyc and I see many in this forum too also display disgust over it. Kyc for bounties is just here and we ain't done with it now Airdrop has joined the park.

Sending personal documents to people is very dangerous.. Don't like it
All of us also don't like KYC, but for bounty hunter no choice because you can't get your hardworking reward if don't pass the KYC, so I only submit KYC for promising bounty project, but not for airdrop
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
May 01, 2018, 11:57:54 AM
I personally do not like kyc and I see many in this forum too also display disgust over it. Kyc for bounties is just here and we ain't done with it now Airdrop has joined the park.

Sending personal documents to people is very dangerous.. Don't like it
Activity: 238
Merit: 33
May 01, 2018, 11:54:26 AM
I was just passing by in the Bounties(Altcoins) section to find some good project and participate to one of the campaign programs and there's one campaign I've visited and asking for KYC in order to receive the bounty reward.
Actually I've seen someone asking in the meta section about this topic but I forgot where was it.

Well I will just going to give my opinions about here in the altcoins section because I know most of the participants of the bounty programs are posting here.

KYC (Know Your Customer)
A KYC (Know Your Customer) is used to ensure that the people who're going to invest to a project are qualified for example they have a record about criminality, immigrants, etc. then they will not going to allow you to invest in their project,  This was used to review the investor and make sure they credibility of the investor and also KYC is used to fight money laundering.

Now let's go back to the topic. I've seen some bounty programs that's asking for KYC documents in order to receive bounty I don't think it's necessary to ask KYC Documents from the bounty participants because:

1. They don't Invest in the project.
2. There's no need to ask for the credibility of the user for promoting their project.

However I've seen some people are still participating in the bounty program, I just want to know you the risk you're about to face when you submit a KYC document to a untrusted project/program:

• They may use your details to fraud.
• You may be accused for something that you didn't do.
• Identity Theft
• Etc.

Well all in the KYC documents are your personal information and It can be used to different illegal things. But after all it's the decision of the participant if he/she's going to submit KYC or not. I just want you to be aware guys that you should be responsible for choosing what program/project you're going to join.

PS. I didn't say that the bounty project that's asking for KYC is scam or any fraud related, I suggest to study the project itself first as well as the team behind that.... and the reason why they need your KYC document for participating in their bounty program.
Pages:
Jump to: