Pages:
Author

Topic: Kyle91 AKA How to increase your ignore list - page 3. (Read 3893 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 04, 2013, 11:33:01 PM
I dont know whether to laugh or cry!
You worry about his "low quality post count" and that he might look suspicious?

And this: "Still I didn't call for a ban, I just asked if such worthlessness was authorized here" .....

Like WTF.. with all the known spammers, scammers, suckpuppets etc. you worry about this guy?!

And a staff member responding with: "because you're spamming up the forum with useless posts" "quit strawmaning. answer the damn question."

Well then start moderating!

Allow me to post from another thread:
So you describe a problem, ask for help on solutions...

and the resulting 11 pages that follow are the same problems you describe: vendor hate, people calling people whatever, people talking off topic, with some genuinely trying to address the OP's issue, and etc.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or condescending or any of that, just an honest question:  If you really wanted to change this, why don't you just "moderate"?  you know, like your title says.  Use your common sense/best discretion.  If someone starts bashing BFL in the KNC thread, tell them to stay on topic.  If someone calls someone a whatever tell them to keep it civil.  If Josh calls his customers a moron cuz they want their money back for an undelivered product, tell him to act professional.  If people refuse, just ban them for a bit?  I don't know...

Or don't.  It's up to you.  Just that most of the other forums I goto, this is what the "moderator" tends to do.

I love this forum.

+1
Get to it Staff!

So are staff getting anywhere with this thread or did it die in offtopic? Smiley
Yes it died on the first page ...

... then why do we even bother..... :/
Don't get me wrong, if I were the admin I'd ban his ass.
The point is I know that it's not how the moderation works here, so I just tried to make mods aware of this to have their opinion of this kind of things.

By the way, I report spammers and scammers. Not sockpuppets as they are officially authorized.

there are certain hero members spouting nonsense all day and nothing happened to them yet Smiley
And I don't think it's a good thing
Trolling, off-topic posting and one-sentence long posts could be tolerated IMO. But if every single post is in any of those three categories then why keeping the guy?

Here i am sitting on my comfortable chair typing a one sentence. Oh look, now it is two sentences! Wait a minute, now it's three sentences! *GASP*
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
September 04, 2013, 05:50:03 PM

And this: "Still I didn't call for a ban, I just asked if such worthlessness was authorized here" .....

Like WTF.. with all the known spammers, scammers, suckpuppets etc. you worry about this guy?!

And a staff member responding with: "because you're spamming up the forum with useless posts" "quit strawmaning. answer the damn question."

and the resulting 11 pages that follow are the same problems you describe: vendor hate, people calling people whatever, people talking off topic, with some genuinely trying to address the OP's issue, and etc.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or condescending or any of that, just an honest question:  If you really wanted to change this, why don't you just "moderate"?  you know, like your title says.  Use your common sense/best discretion.  If someone starts bashing BFL in the KNC thread, tell them to stay on topic.  If someone calls someone a whatever tell them to keep it civil.  If Josh calls his customers a moron cuz they want their money back for an undelivered product, tell him to act professional.  If people refuse, just ban them for a bit?  I don't know...

Or don't.  It's up to you.  Just that most of the other forums I goto, this is what the "moderator" tends to do.

I love this forum.

+1
Get to it Staff!

So are staff getting anywhere with this thread or did it die in offtopic? Smiley

Don't get me wrong, if I were the admin I'd ban his ass.
The point is I know that it's not how the moderation works here, so I just tried to make mods aware of this to have their opinion of this kind of things.

By the way, I report spammers and scammers. Not sockpuppets as they are officially authorized.

there are certain hero members spouting nonsense all day and nothing happened to them yet Smiley
And I don't think it's a good thing
Trolling, off-topic posting and one-sentence long posts could be tolerated IMO. But if every single post is in any of those three categories then why keeping the guy?
Activity: 387
Merit: 100
September 04, 2013, 05:38:50 PM
Why does this bother you?

Short, low quality posts are indications of a scammer.

It also bothers me when scammers try and integrate into my community.

im a scammer now? Wtf?

Ha!  That was two sentences!
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
September 04, 2013, 03:28:08 PM

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or condescending or any of that, just an honest question:  If you really wanted to change this, why don't you just "moderate"?  you know, like your title says.  Use your common sense/best discretion.  If someone starts bashing BFL in the KNC thread, tell them to stay on topic.  If someone calls someone a whatever tell them to keep it civil.  If Josh calls his customers a moron cuz they want their money back for an undelivered product, tell him to act professional.  If people refuse, just ban them for a bit?  I don't know...

Or don't.  It's up to you.  Just that most of the other forums I goto, this is what the "moderator" tends to do.

I love this forum.

+1
Get to it Staff!

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2013, 03:16:53 PM
We should create a list of "One Sentence or less" people who post useless comments to increase their post count.  Like mentioned above, these users contribute nothing but clutter on the forum.

2450+ posts full of non-sense/useless sentences
User LaudaM https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/lauda-101872  Has over nearly 2500 one line posts.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
September 01, 2013, 03:01:44 AM
This guy is constantly posting 1-3 word posts that are usually off-topic. Please do something about him. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1764
I don't see the problem here, that's when the ignore function comes into play
This guy literally adds no value to the forum and looks suspicious
Still I didn't call for a ban, I just asked if such worthlessness was authorized here

I'd say yes. there are certain hero members spouting nonsense all day and nothing happened to them yet Smiley
legendary
This guy literally adds no value to the forum and looks suspicious
Still I didn't call for a ban, I just asked if such worthlessness was authorized here
legendary
Activity: 1764
legendary
Let's quote myself...
150+ posts full of non-sense/useless sentences

The problem is not the size, it's that you say nothing worthwhile
well i will make sure to make my posts longer and not to offend any of you uptight people -_-
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
because you're spamming up the forum with useless posts.

im a scammer now? Wtf?
quit strawmaning. answer the damn question.
legendary
Side note: why isn't the owner of the Bitcointalk++ script -1'ing Kyle? xD
It would be too easy to find my list!
Doesn't that mean your password as well..?
This is becoming an off-topic, feel free to spam the BT++ thread for questions like that
But no, the hash on the list page is obviously not the corresponding password
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
Doesn't that mean your password as well..?
legendary
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
I kinda agree here.

legendary

I asked a simple question and would like a simple answer:
Isn't there some kind of minimum quality one's posts must reach?

Then I provided an exemple
That's all I did

im a scammer now? Wtf?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

Pages:
Jump to: