Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 334. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 504
I mined on Slush for a while.
They pay at every threshold last I know and typically once per block.
Either:
a. random person pointed their 3.x btc payout to LC's address to cause a share price spike and make it up there
b. LC is getting about 3.x btc per block on slush
C. LC had 3.x btc and lowered the threshold to allow a payout of the balance of 3.x btc.

While I would not rule out a, b and c are both promising.

-Ukyo

Option b) has just been ruled out. Slush just solved a block and no payout to Labcoin.

Now a) and c) stay open.

don't know how you worked that out..
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
I find very strange they said that on irc before on this thread, to recover credibility.
They didn't, none of them are in #labcoin. They haven't stated which pool they are using.

then, if somebody said that before the transaction, this is pretty sure a manipulation attempt...

Has anybody a screenshot of the statement on Irc to see the timestamp?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Either:
a. random person pointed their 3.x btc payout to LC's address to cause a share price spike and make it up there
C. LC had 3.x btc and lowered the threshold to allow a payout of the balance of 3.x btc.

-Ukyo

Option b) has just been ruled out. Slush just solved a block and no payout to Labcoin.

Now a) and c) stay open.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The theory that someone else is pointing to their address seems to me to be very unlikely.

Many things are possible, but at some point the suspicion gets a bit too much.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
They didn't say it on IRC.  They got a tx from slush's pool, so it implies they're mining on slush's pool, or else someone is mining there and pointed their miners at their address.
This is the thinnest order book for both asks and bids that I have ever seen
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
Whatever the source, there are 30 satoshi per share in dividends waiting Smiley
Activity: 180
They can publish their API token from the pool. That is live info

This is clearly a move to higher grounds, but it could easily be an artifical pump. Everyone can set their payout address from slush to Labcoin's address. So what are the options here?

1. Labcoin announces it's not from them - instant reversal
2. No further "proof" - momentum will stagnate and turn around
3. They deliver proof - to teh moon

I'm interested in getting familiar with the circumstances required for a potential case 3. What would be a possible way for Labcoin to show us, it's really them? The hall of fame only lists users according to the total amount of mined blocks, but not due to their current hashrate, so it would take a longer time till Labcoin would be visible there. As far as I know there are no live statistics for individual users, right?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
This is clearly a move to higher grounds, but it could easily be an artifical pump. Everyone can set their payout address from slush to Labcoin's address. So what are the options here?

1. Labcoin announces it's not from them - instant reversal
2. No further "proof" - momentum will stagnate and turn around
3. They deliver proof - to teh moon

I'm interested in getting familiar with the circumstances required for a potential case 3. What would be a possible way for Labcoin to show us, it's really them? The hall of fame only lists users according to the total amount of mined blocks, but not due to their current hashrate, so it would take a longer time till Labcoin would be visible there. As far as I know there are no live statistics for individual users, right?
Either:

-Ukyo

I find very strange they said that on irc before than on this thread, to recover credibility.

I think the option a is the most likely
Activity: 227
I missed that, labcoin or theswede wrote on IRC that their mining pool was slush?
Labcoin IRC chan is not official chan.  TheSwede75 user there is not the real TheSwede75.  

The real Swede posted a mining address https://blockchain.info/address/17psAW21J4twanAFWmbcd5WdX2pKeX3trm  that address just received a 3.26B payment from Slush's mining pool.  

It strongly indicates that Labcoin is mining at Slush's pool (or some jackoff set their payout address to Labcoins payout address to make it look like mining income in order to spike the share price).  IMO the more payments they get from Slush the less likely it's fake.
Ok the address posted received a payment from Slush's public pool.  What info do we need now to determine their hashrate?
There is no way to link it to a particular entity, and Slush's pool does not provide public stats.

They can, however, generate an API token to give out their current hashrate: https://mining.bitcoin.cz/accounts/token-manage/

Nice.

Let's see this happen, Swede.
Activity: 448
Pretty good attempt. Already some 60btc in buy orders. Tongue
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
I missed that, labcoin or theswede wrote on IRC that their mining pool was slush?

No. No official confirmation yet. Could be a trolling attempt too Wink

So to make the facts clear-

Labcoin has received a payment from a well-known mining pool, which is extremely strong evidence that they are in fact mining.
Either:

-Ukyo
Jump to: