Pages:
Author

Topic: Laptop for gaming purposes? - page 3. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
April 30, 2020, 12:11:14 AM
I would suggest you buy ASUS ROG, or maybe an Acer Predator but if you don't have enough budget for those high-end laptops, I would recommend that you buy at least i5 processor with 8gb of RAM with a graphic card of NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT. I think that is the minimum specs of laptop that can run a game.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
April 09, 2020, 03:29:49 AM
I think the best gaming laptop is Lenovo.  I bought this laptop a year ago in one of my favorite online electronics stores and received a high cashback from my purchase.  This helped me save money with cashback https://megabonus.com/en and purchase high-quality goods.  Do not be afraid to buy online and use cashback!

There is no point in purchasing a laptop for gaming.
Using a Desktop will give a better experience while playing a game. Also, it will endure more on time and you will be able to play more games in the future compared to using a laptop.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
April 09, 2020, 02:44:35 AM
the main issue of using laptop for gaming is heat which can impacted to reliability.. if you use it just for casual gaming gaming and not for  competing. maybe medium spec consumer laptop which use ryzen 5 or core i5 is enough..
it s a different case if you want to use it to play serious game which have multiple effects which need a good rendering capability like arkham, I still recommending a  proper rig, except you want a portability
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
April 09, 2020, 12:58:47 AM
lol it is more efficient and advisable to use Personal Computer (PC) if you want to have a great game experience,because PC can last longer plying while lappy is shortly heating so you need to rest it first,the what if you’re in total enjoyment and don’t wanna stop playing?your lappy might but out lol

But if you really want to use lappy then Apple is the best for you
Right, desktops' lifespan is longer than laptops. But there's this reason why some gamers want it handy.

Because it can be carried everywhere, when you travel and you want to take time to play, you just have to pull it out of your backpack and you are good. That's the ease with laptops, you can play, edit, work, surf and etc. wherever you are.
Yeah thats why Many expensive Laptops now are available in market that Built for gamers specially those long lasting battery packs because this is mostly the problem in the older models of laptops the battery packs.

but for me?i can stand without playing because i want in my PC than in my lappy,and i would rather use my Ipad outside than laptops.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
April 08, 2020, 09:50:15 PM
MSI GL65 9SE
Activity: 1638
Merit: 260
Trphy.io
March 10, 2020, 11:06:28 PM
I was a gaming person and I have played a number of online games on a PC such as Dragon Nest or Dota 2. but at the moment I have no time to play games online for some reason. if you want to choose a laptop for gaming I suggest to choose a large ram or you can asking to the person who sells the software or (electronics shop). besides Dota 2, what is your favorite game?
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1196
March 10, 2020, 08:20:23 AM
Looking for an advice.

Are there any "underwater stones" in used gaming laptops ? I'm not speaking about 2018 and older models, but laptops that were in use for about half a year. Usually they are i5 8300 / 8gb or 16gb of ram / gtx 1050 or higher GPU. Majority with ssd only, but some models with 5400rpm hdd (are they ok for gaming?).

Last time I've played on PC was probably 10 years ago and I've been a console user later. Meaning I dont know much about current specs or hardware.

Notebook is need to play games like WoW Classic, some latest rpg or shooters. I'm not a "must-play-only-on-ultra-graphics" guy. I place gameplay, story over graphics.

Reasons to buy used gaming laptop: 1) dont have space for complete PC+Monitor set up, 2) not sure if I will be so enthusiastic to play pc games after a month.

I can, but dont want to spend 1000+ euro when I can have for half price and not sure that will used it often due to lack of free time.

Thanks  Wink
Activity: 10
February 23, 2020, 04:33:27 PM
If you play such games, then you can buy almost any laptop with i3. But I would not recommend you to buy a laptop for games, it is better to buy a computer, it will be cheaper and more prosperous.
Activity: 812
Merit: 104
🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀
February 23, 2020, 09:17:00 AM
I want to purchase Acer Predator Triton 700 for gaming. Seems to be awesome

You said it was good for gaming but I think the best laptop for gaming is the HP Pavilion It's much improved and gaming. No problem at work and everything goes on very quickly.

Yeah, my older brother has an HP Pavilion laptop that works fast. once I sit down a touch  it gets tons of relief. there's little or no barrier to the entire gaming process.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 267
Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm
February 23, 2020, 05:00:06 AM
I want to purchase Acer Predator Triton 700 for gaming. Seems to be awesome

You said it was good for gaming but I think the best laptop for gaming is the HP Pavilion It's much improved and gaming. No problem at work and everything goes on very quickly.
Activity: 6
November 12, 2019, 09:25:58 PM
I think the current popular gaming laptop is from asus brand asus ROG,
its specially qualified to play the game,
many of the gamers wear asus ROG at this time....
Have you tried playing asus ROG, or are you just a fan of asus?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
November 12, 2019, 07:18:51 PM
Well, now the games are quite demanding, very few laptops are able to produce the desired result in games.

Not if you balance. Rather than going the highest of everything, think of power use. Do you really need an I9 i7 when most games work the same with the i3? Guess which takes less power. Less power = less heat.

Screen resolution. More pixels, need more powerful 3d gpus. So "Less (pixels) is more (fps)".

A rotating hard drive gives you plenty of space, but it also consumes more energy to keep the discs spinning (which is very bad if a sudden vibration comes, it might make the delicate needle scratch the thing).

For the gpu i would careful pick the model known to be the most power efficient given an adequate range (in balance with the chosen screen resolution, no need to go with the highest end gpu with a 1366x768 screen or so...

Apple is overpriced garbage, plagued with design issues and whatnot. Its os is not even relevant to gamers.

As alternative, you could go for a very small "desktop", ie. a mini-itx case. But you would still need to carry your own keyboard mouse and monitor, unless you expect those at destination. And of course no batteries.
Activity: 49
November 12, 2019, 05:54:13 AM
Well, now the games are quite demanding, very few laptops are able to produce the desired result in games.
Activity: 1061
Merit: 502
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
November 09, 2019, 11:55:27 AM
Hey buddy,

Predator laptop is best on game purpose  Roll Eyes
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 21, 2019, 07:59:16 PM
lol it is more efficient and advisable to use Personal Computer (PC) if you want to have a great game experience,because PC can last longer plying while lappy is shortly heating so you need to rest it first,the what if you’re in total enjoyment and don’t wanna stop playing?your lappy might but out lol

Right, desktops' lifespan is longer than laptops. But there's this reason why some gamers want it handy.

Because it can be carried everywhere, when you travel and you want to take time to play, you just have to pull it out of your backpack and you are good. That's the ease with laptops, you can play, edit, work, surf and etc. wherever you are.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
September 21, 2019, 07:27:04 PM
Any suggestion whats the best laptop for gaming purposes like dota 2/Cs go

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 21, 2019, 05:11:57 PM
For someone who has the budget to buy high-end gaming laptops, check these:

--> https://www.t3.com/features/best-gaming-laptop

I would really focus on the RAM and GPU, of course, the CPU shouldn't bottleneck with those. I think the number one is a good buy and you can also do streaming while playing on that specs. Honestly, I'm an alienware fan but the specs speaks for itself.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
September 21, 2019, 01:02:02 PM
Those valve games use the exact same engine. To play those, just about anything you could buy today will do in order of speed: Nvidia, AMD, or Intel graphics.

If you focus in getting a computer with something nvidia onboard, you are probably fine for those games. For more advanced games, you'd have to focus more on which specific gpu is embedded onboard, and check at website benchmarks. And of course, the higher the resolution, the worse it is for framerate, so you have to have that in consideration before looking for a 5k display...

Just make sure it has plenty of ram (16g+?), and optionally an ssd which is not strictly needed to play good, just to wait less for the game to load (once loaded its about the same anyway).
Activity: 88
September 21, 2019, 12:54:28 PM
ROG gadgets are the safest choice if you'd ask me
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
September 20, 2019, 05:04:15 AM
 you don't need a very powerful laptop for cs. If you are willing to save some money just buy the regular laptop with i5+1050
Pages:
Jump to: