Pages:
Author

Topic: Laptop mining question - page 2. (Read 1904 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
March 26, 2017, 11:39:19 PM
all it makes no difference but laptop or PC Faster 100 times slower than the average modern and more efficient ASIC 50 times.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Maybe a fed.
March 26, 2017, 11:19:34 PM
You cannot meaningfully mine bitcoin with a PC by itself. The fastest PCs are 1000 times slower than the average modern ASIC and 500 times less efficient. So laptop or PC makes no difference, you cannot meaningfully mine bitcoin.

If you're talking about altcoin mining though, that's a different story.

I did say I mine cryptonote stuff :l
But you know that laptops head up very fast and having a fast gpu even heats up the entire laptop even faster.
So running it 24/7 which mining rigs are running to be able to do anything in their pool would potentially damage a laptop and lower it's life expentency.

True, which is why I'm aiming for one with a warranty so when it does eventually die I can just replace ~
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
March 26, 2017, 10:41:44 PM
You cannot meaningfully mine bitcoin with a PC by itself. The fastest PCs are 1000 times slower than the average modern ASIC and 500 times less efficient. So laptop or PC makes no difference, you cannot meaningfully mine bitcoin.

But you know that laptops head up very fast and having a fast gpu even heats up the entire laptop even faster.
So running it 24/7 which mining rigs are running to be able to do anything in their pool would potentially damage a laptop and lower it's life expentency.
Maybe a fed.
March 26, 2017, 10:28:10 PM

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
March 26, 2017, 09:59:40 PM

Maybe a fed.
March 26, 2017, 09:50:06 PM
So first off I will say I know that laptops aren't the optimal mining rig, the purpose of it is solely that I'm allowed to bring it to work (free energy usage) and I'm also in need of a new laptop.

2 birds one stone sort of speak.

Anyways I was browsing around and trying to find the best laptop pricewise/ROI-Mining usage.

This is the best prebuilt one I've found currently that seems to have the best cpu/gpu for the price,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N6KLBR1/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490578741&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Asus+ROG+Strix+GL702VS

Gtx 1060 and a intel i7700 for $1500 alternatively thinking it may be worth it to spend an extra 300 for the 1070 upgrade.

I was browsing a few other options on newegg and found a better version thats done by MSI however it seems to have alot of issues and going to ibuypower or customizing an alienware is a little to expensive.

(I mine cryptonote, so not expecting a full roi)

Mainly, does anyone know of a better mining laptop that is around the $1500 price range and has a warranty (going to abuse that every half year or so)

Thanks!

Pages:
Jump to: