Pages:
Author

Topic: Large bitcoin mining farm mining 4 blocks a day having made 1600BTC - page 3. (Read 8048 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
I know who it is Smiley    Good work detectives. 

I bet you don't know, as the block are coming from all around the world.

I know.   

I know you know.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500

If only there was such a thing as a proxy server to relay communications from remote locations... then perhaps we could make it look like they were all coming from one address...

or perhaps such a technology already exists, and is being used in the opposite manner?!

They are not Tor exit nodes if that is what you are suggesting, I already checked that.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

well? do tell.

Don't tell.
That would be telling.

Safe landings.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0

If only there was such a thing as a proxy server to relay communications from remote locations... then perhaps we could make it look like they were all coming from one address...

or perhaps such a technology already exists, and is being used in the opposite manner?!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

I know.   
If you have anything constructive to add it would help. If not I'll just presume you're using this as a way of advertising your business.

I wish I had this business, trust me.   I am trying Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554

I know.   
If you have anything constructive to add it would help. If not I'll just presume you're using this as a way of advertising your business.

Interesting choice of picture, you both chose.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
You are not special.

I know.   
legendary

I know.   
erk

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
I just wondered if anyone had noticed that a lot of the blocks that are relayed through various ip address nodes are actually being mined by the same user:

1BxD2VLE95n7ZeVJSy3uoiJ5WdR72jWj5f

If you have a look they have a lot of bitcoins already and are generating around 4 blocks a day.

Anyone have any idea who this is? More ASIC developers but this time they are keeping them all for themselves?

WOW 0_o
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I know who it is Smiley    Good work detectives.  
well? do tell.
No comment.    

Cloudhashing ?

Derp: Just saw your sig. So it's you ?
legendary
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

well? do tell.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1190
4 blocks a day would be 100 BTC which would need roughly 3TH/s at the current difficulty to generate (or 2.2TH/s a month ago).
If it was BFL, that would require them to be running 600 Jalapeno's. It wouldn't be singles or mini-rigs since those are still in development and this has been going on for a while. Although, it did start in early April which is about when BFL first had working units...

40-50 Avalons could do it, but who has that many units hashing? Avalon "burnin" mining?

ASICMiner or BFL if I had to bet on somebody.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
You are not special.
Today it's only one IP: 98.246.202.92, with 4 mined blocks going to the same address 1BxD2VLE95n7ZeVJSy3uoiJ5WdR72jWj5f and that address is holding 2,045.00200351 BTC!
Oregon?
And then 2 from the same address in LA. Interesting. I wonder if they are purposefully blocking blockchain.info from connecting to them so that their location is obscured.
Activity: 630
call me naive but is this really even possible? 1600 btc?

edit: maybe i read that wrong. it was unclear what you meant by "already making 1600 btc"
Look under the 'Final balance':
http://blockchain.info/address/1BxD2VLE95n7ZeVJSy3uoiJ5WdR72jWj5f

No outgoing transactions, only new mined blocks.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
call me naive but is this really even possible? 1600 btc?

edit: maybe i read that wrong. it was unclear what you meant by "already making 1600 btc"
Activity: 630
Speculative nonsense, how much do you think someone with a few Avalon boxes and a bit of luck could do?
I agree it is totally speculative to claim it is BFL, but it is more than a few Avalon boxes. Based on the rate they are hashing, if they are using Avalon boxes it would be between 50 and 100 of them.

Nonsense,  it could be just plain luck, it's certainly a pool with some hashing power.

If you bothered to check the IP where the blocks were generated you will see they were from all over the word.
Today it's only one IP: 98.246.202.92, with 4 mined blocks going to the same address 1BxD2VLE95n7ZeVJSy3uoiJ5WdR72jWj5f and that address is holding 2,045.00200351 BTC!
Oregon?
erk
You can't be lucky for a month. A pool wouldn't have all the funds in one address. The IPs it's coming through don't mean that it's a pool, just that various nodes are sending the confirmed block to blockchain.info rather than the miner.

Of course they do, how do you think ozco.in lost all it's pool funds back in April, someone stole the wallet.dat

How do they pay their miners then?! They surely have to have transactions going out too. Maybe all the miners are just being really altruistic!
Of course there is eventually outgoing transaction, what would be the point of just having BTC sitting there?
Pages:
Jump to: