Pages:
Author

Topic: LAUNCH DAY finally arrives Yippee.Load all ASIC torpedoes Scotty FIRE WHEN READY - page 2. (Read 2309 times)

Activity: 558
Merit: 295
Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!
Ah yes thanks..I forgot to mention...
Yes The desk top pc is there to have remote access and local display. And local internet access to bitcointalk!
AwesomeMiner software gives far more control and flexibility and info than just assigning units to one pool directly...
If I'm using 220v It should be obvious I'm using Bitmain APW3++ PSU's...and of course I will have appropriate connector from PSU to 220v Supply receptacle.
Electrician said No need for PDU..
I have industrial grade 220v cable and
3x 30 amp 220v  each split to 3x NEMA 6-20R receptacle box ..can handle 9x S9's using  https://www.primecables.com/search_plus?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=Cab-PW-140-06
3 units/breaker so amp load will be well under 80%
Activity: 113
Merit: 31
I'm not sure why you have a pc unless you want it for some sort of remote access.  You mentioned GPU in your post but you should know that you can't mine bitcoin with GPUs anymore.  S9s come with their own controller so you don't need to run mining software.  Also, I don't see any mention of which PSUs you are using, it looks like you aren't using a PDU for power distribution so you'll need a power cable that is compatible with your PSU from the receptacle.  You can't plug the ASIC miner directly to the wall without a PSU.  My recommendation would be to use 30 amp PDUs from the wall and server rated PSUs, make sure you only have 1 30 amp PDU connected per circuit.  Be careful to not restrict airflow on the exhaust too much or you fan will be running at full speed because of the restriction.
Activity: 558
Merit: 295
Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!
G'Day ...
First let me say to Ck Kano Philipma Vrob MinigBud et al.
you are an inspiration and highly respected and admired.

I think I'm pretty well set to fire up my 8xS9's..(I got out of mining Alt's with GPU a few years ago)
made some BTC and sat on them and now reinvesting and heading a small co-op mining op for friends and family.

Wondering if you would mind checking my check list..

from scratch
I have a self assembled desktop with Win7 AMD Fx 6300 (6 core) and 16MB ram..120GB SSD.
A good wired router and good ISP service.

I have AwesomeMiner free version installed (I'm going to upgrade to pro version to support all units after 2 are running smooth)
I have plenty of experience using CGminer and tweaking GPU's ...setting pools etc...
I expect AweMiner to be rather straight forward..Absolutely will be changing default pool. (FU Antpool)
Still undecided but Ck or Kano seem best option..

All S9's are mint recent batch so I don't expect to need to flash or upgrade right?
I've watched the Bitmain vid tutorial..think I should be fine..

I have 3x 220V  30Amp breakers with (NEMA 6-20R) receptacles for each breaker...
Temps will not be issue Ottawa is COLD..

I will update as set-up progresses?

Pages:
Jump to: