Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 116. (Read 362584 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
January 29, 2017, 05:43:09 AM
Time to buy Cheesy
next resistance is about 16k sat
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
January 28, 2017, 06:08:16 AM
I point a G/hs at lbry at all times and will continue until it isn't profitable.  Also, I don't sell my credits unless I'm playing with the market.  I assume that a higher value will take quite some time because of the different style of block reward.

I do have to admit that I bought in a little too early and lost half its value.  Though with this recent pump I made most of it back. 

Perhaps you are right, growth could busy for a while ... The main thing that the speaker was a positive ...
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
January 27, 2017, 05:46:42 AM
Hi LBRY community,

I see on coinmarkcap 43 Million available supply and 440 Million total supply.
Would be great if someone could give any information on this topic.

Thank you.

um, prob what you want will be the info at : https://lbry.io/faq/credit-policy

LBRY chose to premine and have a long term PoW, instead of an ICO , but ya the site expliain better than me ;p

the 43 million is probably whats been mined and given away whereas the rest sit at https://explorer.lbry.io/richlist for the stuff in the credit policy article i believe
Thank you! How reliable is the devs and executive on this project?
What can prevent those coins to arrive on exchanges? Any plan when they will distribute there coins?

IMO, their quite reliable from what i have researched, these guys have some dece backgrounds/accomplishments https://lbry.io/team(to say the least), course i dont know them personally nor am part of the official LBRY team, but i am in the Slack alot haha. They have some juicy ass bounties that could probably eat a million or more of that premine, but i think for now their working mainly on the platform itself rather than much promotion.
Prevention of those coins arriving on exchange? i guess they just keep doing what their doing, as they have prevented it so far! Cheesy (by self funding and VC funding)
Activity: 249
January 27, 2017, 05:37:19 AM
Hi LBRY community,

Thank you.

LBRY chose to premine and have a long term PoW, instead of an ICO , but ya the site expliain better than me ;p

the 43 million is probably whats been mined and given away whereas the rest sit at https://explorer.lbry.io/richlist for the stuff in the credit policy article i believe

Such huge amount premine is similar to an ICO, dev team get enough incentives for future development, now that LBRY is trading on Poloniex, I wonder will the coin pump hard again in the future, especially when the product releases.
legendary
January 26, 2017, 09:35:31 PM
Hi LBRY community,

Thank you.

Activity: 435
January 26, 2017, 09:15:33 PM
Hi LBRY community,

Thank you.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
January 26, 2017, 05:51:59 PM
how can you be serious  Grin

Obviously what you want to see here,like many people,is dev hyping for nothing,make announcement and everything to pump the price up... It will,i mean the price will growth over time,market cap is very tiny ! but with time and hard work because platform will be usefull,with full of quality content. The great thing of that ? Healty long term and sustainable price.

Patience.

Also the 'not serious people ' make me laugh  Grin Grin This professionnalism here made me remember early time of ETH Smiley

i didn't learn project! probably developers are good and project too, but everything is simple, whales are not interested of it, no investment - no future! And don't forget hundreds of coins have finished their life!

ya , see your pretty much answering your own problem understanding there :/ LBRY is NOT "hundreds of coins" and the fact that you admit you have no idea about what it is or does or any involvement blinds you from seeing that :/
THAT is how noob traders get wrecked sadly :/
good "investments" (trades) are made from solid projects you have researched, b4 blindly buying :/
GET INVOLVED in a project a bit before buying it, IMO. Helps trading for sure , i mean look at AMP/Synereo drama, anyone involved watching that train wreck got out WELL in time, and anyone had access TO watch it. but having no knowledge in a market but trying to play it? financial suicide

hm, we will see! i did not learn project only trade on it! i'm not a developer i'm a trader!

legendary
January 26, 2017, 05:35:56 PM

Obviously what you want to see here,like many people,is dev hyping for nothing,make announcement and everything to pump the price up... It will,i mean the price will growth over time,market cap is very tiny ! but with time and hard work because platform will be usefull,with full of quality content. The great thing of that ? Healty long term and sustainable price.

Patience.

Also the 'not serious people ' make me laugh  Grin Grin This professionnalism here made me remember early time of ETH Smiley

i didn't learn project! probably developers are good and project too, but everything is simple, whales are not interested of it, no investment - no future! And don't forget hundreds of coins have finished their life!

ya , see your pretty much answering your own problem understanding there :/ LBRY is NOT "hundreds of coins" and the fact that you admit you have no idea about what it is or does or any involvement blinds you from seeing that :/
THAT is how noob traders get wrecked sadly :/
good "investments" (trades) are made from solid projects you have researched, b4 blindly buying :/
GET INVOLVED in a project a bit before buying it, IMO. Helps trading for sure , i mean look at AMP/Synereo drama, anyone involved watching that train wreck got out WELL in time, and anyone had access TO watch it. but having no knowledge in a market but trying to play it? financial suicide
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
January 26, 2017, 04:47:49 PM

Patience.

Also the 'not serious people ' make me laugh  Grin Grin This professionnalism here made me remember early time of ETH Smiley

we got an interesting point here,you don't know anything of lbry and shoot up its scam and dead because you're not in green at the moment

So people was in ETH in august 2015 and waiting for convention/dapp/work to goes out wasn't investor,opportunist  ? They have wait long time and get great reward,it happen to good coin with long term viable development. The truth is they are not interested because they haven't read or patience to wait,but this is a big mistake I strongly believe  Wink
January 26, 2017, 04:45:21 PM

Patience.

legendary
January 26, 2017, 04:32:05 PM

Patience.

January 26, 2017, 04:26:57 PM
We are going back to 2k level? Huh

2000 Satoshi it is certainly not for the price LBRY, it is now very low price. I was one of the first investors LBRY, bought the coin for another 70k, 50k, 45k. On average, my purchase price is around 55k Satoshi, and the fact that the price is now 2300 really makes me sad

sigh, you were not ever an "investor".   you traded LBRY b4 realizing it wasn't a traders token, and lost. That is all.   IF they wanted investors they would have sold you those tokens themselves, the ONLY investors in LBRY are the TEAM for the time and effort, and so far PILLAR VC, with 500k$. Ill never understand people thinking buying a cryptocurrency, makes them "investors" they must just want to use that word or something :/ 
Have you even SEEN the platform? :/   

~you CHOSE to buy a token that was designed to be inflationary, and now your sad it lost value, wut? haha dont quit your day job dude, i dont think trading is for you ;p

ha ha, yes, I think you're right mate, trade on the stock exchange is not for me, but in any case I'll gain experience and already know that before you buy coins you need to learn a little about the coin that would not become "investor". Yet he still LBRY very interesting project, and has already received good funding

word man, and ya LBRY just dosent fit the investor-coin requirements imo ;p which is good, as it makes it have more natural price nowadays , REAL supply and demand haha
theres still money to be made, but from LBRY i think its on the platform itself (i have been tinkering with the profit share, its some serious potential i think)
im not much of a CREATOR myself, but i will host and score bandwidth and such and do the profit share thing heehee
I saw it at 100k, i looked at the block rewards at that time and thought: holy crap, people are gonna get wrecked, did NOONE do their research? turns out many did not Sad Sad

2300? soon under 1k! As i said no sense to buy it! I'm stupid cause I bought a little!No serious people on it, only few hypers and very small fishes!That means the coin isn't interesting for investment!In the nearest future it'll be a crap!

legendary
January 26, 2017, 03:30:36 PM

2000 Satoshi it is certainly not for the price LBRY, it is now very low price. I was one of the first investors LBRY, bought the coin for another 70k, 50k, 45k. On average, my purchase price is around 55k Satoshi, and the fact that the price is now 2300 really makes me sad

sigh, you were not ever an "investor".   you traded LBRY b4 realizing it wasn't a traders token, and lost. That is all.   IF they wanted investors they would have sold you those tokens themselves, the ONLY investors in LBRY are the TEAM for the time and effort, and so far PILLAR VC, with 500k$. Ill never understand people thinking buying a cryptocurrency, makes them "investors" they must just want to use that word or something :/ 

~you CHOSE to buy a token that was designed to be inflationary, and now your sad it lost value, wut? haha dont quit your day job dude, i dont think trading is for you ;p

ha ha, yes, I think you're right mate, trade on the stock exchange is not for me, but in any case I'll gain experience and already know that before you buy coins you need to learn a little about the coin that would not become "investor". Yet he still LBRY very interesting project, and has already received good funding

word man, and ya LBRY just dosent fit the investor-coin requirements imo ;p which is good, as it makes it have more natural price nowadays , REAL supply and demand haha
theres still money to be made, but from LBRY i think its on the platform itself (i have been tinkering with the profit share, its some serious potential i think)
im not much of a CREATOR myself, but i will host and score bandwidth and such and do the profit share thing heehee
I saw it at 100k, i looked at the block rewards at that time and thought: holy crap, people are gonna get wrecked, did NOONE do their research? turns out many did not Sad Sad
legendary
January 26, 2017, 02:53:50 PM
totally agree !

Also don't tell your taxman you have btc nor any crypto and you're good  Grin It won't be verifiable for still couple years ahead

LBRY is it scam? It looks so dead! Or i'm not right?

whaa? haha @etoque pretty much summed it up but ill add that their has to be something TAKEN or PROMISED for a coin to be a scam lolz

LBRY has not taken SHIT from you, nor ASKED shit from you, nor promised you shit, HOW can it be a scam? they could take 2 more years and it wouldnt be a scam, AS THEY NEVER HAD ANY SCAMMY ICO OR SOLD ANY PROMISES ;p
thats kinda one of the major beauties to LBRY community  wise imo, and they havent sold any premine either! i <3 LBRY haha
legendary
January 26, 2017, 01:52:44 PM
totally agree !

Also don't tell your taxman you have btc nor any crypto and you're good  Grin It won't be verifiable for still couple years ahead

2500 user on slack is dead Smiley

Over 50k view on youtube lbry video is dead Tongue ?

In couple month dev team growth from a handfull of developper to over 14 guys,university professor and skilled people !

Patience is a vertue  Wink

Also try to ask if pillar or dyn think lbry is a scam  Grin Grin Grin

If so tripadvisor might be the biggest scam on earth make milion of people enjoying workable platform(there's much more success storie behind these VC ) Smiley
January 26, 2017, 11:47:51 AM
totally agree !

legendary
January 25, 2017, 03:08:54 PM
totally agree !

legendary
January 25, 2017, 03:00:19 PM
Investors do their research
Investors buy on more than hype
Investors would never HAVE bought at even 50k doing their research and seeing the inflation on LBRY off the bat
investors get to know the project they are throwing their money at (LBRY still needs work)

Speculative traders, for sure, kids with money ;p
legendary
January 25, 2017, 02:56:06 PM

sigh, you were not ever an "investor".   you traded LBRY b4 realizing it wasn't a traders token, and lost. That is all.   IF they wanted investors they would have sold you those tokens themselves, the ONLY investors in LBRY are the TEAM for the time and effort, and so far PILLAR VC, with 500k$. Ill never understand people thinking buying a cryptocurrency, makes them "investors" they must just want to use that word or something :/  

This is a bit pessimist I think,In fact you can be investor in what you want,this is very relative word,it can apply to multitude of thing.

I think we should Make thing clear,all cryptocurrency is sort of Startup,yes this is kind of investment,but not what people think as investment here in this cryptoworld,as fast money,dev working for market and daily trader etc.  Its more conservative,like a real establish business , working on essential,give the best reliable platform firstly etc...

o i totally agree, but "investor" to me has to follow the INTENTION.  it was never LBRY's INTENTION to have the community hype-trade their tokens and lose big time :/
tbh, im just sick of everyone thinking trading seashells makes them "investors", it does NOT. it makes them Speculative TRADERS, and in the gov eyes? their "trading seashells" as far as their concerned, so the word "investor" can be used sure, but make sure tell your taxman that! haha ;p and remember at the end of the day: your "investing" in a token, one that can be created by the 1000's of millions, and has NO VALUE other than what YOU pay for it, again, why it doesnt fit MY "investor" status, but hey i totally respect your opinion man, i just wish people would realize IF they were "investors" they would NEVER have bought at 100k, or even 50k, as INVESTORS know what they are getting into, this is just kids with money ;p

Jump to: