Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 166. (Read 362584 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 23, 2016, 07:35:27 AM
Just made a little calculation with r9 280x it's not more profitable then eth anymore.
With one card you can make something between 1.4-1.5$ per card, with eth it's 1.8-1.9$
Just my 2c.

well that is true with amd only, with nvidia you can actually make here $5 at least per day, with a single 1070

i like how nvidia is raping this algo without being even optimized i imagine there is payed ccminer that do 2x at least now

i doubt the algo can not be optimize further, the devs also agree, 270MH for a 1070 is already very good, 2x that would be stupid

i like how nvidia is raping this algo without being even optimized i imagine there is payed ccminer that do 2x at least now

Yea, This is another shit Nvidia algo.
Dagger (Ethereum) is best and finally asic-resist.

yeah sure keep crying, with your amd private environment

..and back to ethereum with my AMDs - more profitable now than lbry...

which is good, more profit fro nvidia

The problem from some people is, they only think at the short period.
What if the price goes to 1 euro for 1 lbry coin (nobody can say: not possible, nobody can watch into the future), then this is more profitable, totally when u mine now on this difficulty.

When i was mining ethereum ''long'' time ago, everybody said i was stupid, it was not profitable. YEah look now. Everybody what start ethereum mining now does it on a very high diff.

the next big thing seems steem, but in the case it is not, i'm also waiting for it and try to mine everything as much as possible

i think for lbry we may very well see another pump to 200ks, also going to 1 euro is not that hard, 1 euro it's currently only 166k satoshi, it was pumped above that already as a peak
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 23, 2016, 05:07:39 AM
Just made a little calculation with r9 280x it's not more profitable then eth anymore.
With one card you can make something between 1.4-1.5$ per card, with eth it's 1.8-1.9$
Just my 2c.

well that is true with amd only, with nvidia you can actually make here $5 at least per day, with a single 1070

i doubt the algo can not be optimize further, the devs also agree, 270MH for a 1070 is already very good, 2x that would be stupid

The problem from some people is, they only think at the short period.
What if the price goes to 1 euro for 1 lbry coin (nobody can say: not possible, nobody can watch into the future), then this is more profitable, totally when u mine now on this difficulty.

When i was mining ethereum ''long'' time ago, everybody said i was stupid, it was not profitable. YEah look now. Everybody what start ethereum mining now does it on a very high diff.
legendary
July 23, 2016, 02:45:36 AM
Just my 2c.

Activity: 610
July 23, 2016, 01:26:02 AM
yep
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
July 22, 2016, 09:15:35 PM
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
July 22, 2016, 02:10:26 PM
does anyone use it in the early access?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
July 22, 2016, 01:56:42 PM
poolmn hasn't found a block in a hour...who is taking all the blocks?
Coinmine.pl  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
July 22, 2016, 01:54:35 PM
poolmn hasn't found a block in a hour...who is taking all the blocks?
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
July 22, 2016, 12:22:11 PM

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
July 22, 2016, 11:05:50 AM
 Come back to Ethereum.
 He is less power use and has the same profit.
Activity: 253
Merit: 101
KEK
July 22, 2016, 06:06:36 AM
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
July 22, 2016, 05:36:57 AM
Just my 2c.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
July 22, 2016, 02:45:56 AM
Wolf0 On your private 480 can not run ? Just me an error at startup.Can you help. Thank you

Same issue as the regular miner - downgrade Catalyst. Some of the newer ones are broken, but I know for a fact 15.7.1 is okay.
When you add error 15.7.1

Again, if you try the regular miner - it will give the same error. Downgrade Catalyst.
I have AMD RX 480 unless they are working on 15.7.1 , 15.12 ?

Try 15.12, then?
It does not work I try.
legendary
July 22, 2016, 02:32:19 AM
Someone needs to optimize the kernel (for free)  for AMD cards because NVIDIA people are killing us.

one 1070 has the same amount of hashpower as an entire AMD rig.

Wish i knew programming

it should not be that hard if lbry algo is similar to another one, you just need to re arrange the code and put some copy paste

i did it in the past with another algo, without knowing shit about programming

but if it is a completely different thing then no, you need some skill

...ok i had a quick look at the code, seems that it was doable again without knowing shit about coding lol

it's a 7 round of hash with only 3 algo, sha256/512 and ripemd160

How did you optimize it exactly? Just change the CL file around with notepad?

Any debuggers you can use to see what the code is doing?

See, that's the thing - there aren't any debuggers on that level I know of. Amph is fucking hilarious, because if he knew his asshole from his elbow, he would know the sgminer makes bins from the CL if it doesn't exist - no Visual Studio needed.

i was talking about ccminer, i used visual studio to add an old easy coin(chain coin) so i'm confortable with it, i'm not a coder if you forgot about it

i told you that i had zero experience with coding, you know what zero means? just remember when the first time(not the first time you create your own code, but the first time you started learning about how to code or even before that) you did not know shit about coding

same thing, i just used my brain to solve it, and i repeat with minus than zero experience about coding dependencies c++ and everything

Someone needs to optimize the kernel (for free)  for AMD cards because NVIDIA people are killing us.

Wish i knew programming

it should not be that hard if lbry algo is similar to another one, you just need to re arrange the code and put some copy paste

...ok i had a quick look at the code, seems that it was doable again without knowing shit about coding lol

See, that's the thing - there aren't any debuggers on that level I know of. Amph is fucking hilarious, because if he knew his asshole from his elbow, he would know the sgminer makes bins from the CL if it doesn't exist - no Visual Studio needed.

I noticed that if the *.bin file doesn't exist it recreates it from the *.cl file.

However how would you debug the CL file in that way? You would need to import sgminer into Visual Studio and debug from there?

when i added chaincoin to ccminer, i just copy pasted stuff from other algo code, was very easy, just require some continuous debugging to see if everything was fine
July 22, 2016, 02:11:55 AM
Wolf0 On your private 480 can not run ? Just me an error at startup.Can you help. Thank you

Same issue as the regular miner - downgrade Catalyst. Some of the newer ones are broken, but I know for a fact 15.7.1 is okay.

Again, if you try the regular miner - it will give the same error. Downgrade Catalyst.
I have AMD RX 480 unless they are working on 15.7.1 , 15.12 ?
July 22, 2016, 01:56:00 AM

July 22, 2016, 12:09:53 AM
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
July 21, 2016, 09:50:49 PM

Wish i knew programming

I noticed that if the *.bin file doesn't exist it recreates it from the *.cl file.

However how would you debug the CL file in that way? You would need to import sgminer into Visual Studio and debug from there?

Activity: 644
July 21, 2016, 05:48:00 PM
So many forky Blocks with no reward WTF  !!!!!!

Where is this?

maxminers pool and pool.mn

i don't know what you are talking about

my miner found , find blocks but no rewards, not shown in the dashboard or so i dont know whats wrong
Haha i also had that, found like 1 block every 10 seconds at suprnova, but it was not a reall block, dont know why he say that.
When i took some ''good'' shares he said: block found.
Also with 1k shares. Ofc i tought also: why the hell i dont see the blocks at the dashboard from suprnova Cheesy

It can never,ever be that i get 1 block every 10 seconds, it just cant... IF u look at the hashrate from the blockfinders, i've just got 1% from that hash speed.

It's some mistake from the sgminer, he show that u find a block, even if you didnt.
He say you find a block when u took some higher shares (like 1k shares and he say: block found!, ofc that's not a block).

Anyway we just need some updates for the miner, the miner work but can be optimised, bugs can be deleted etc. No worry, because this is a ''new'' algo.

The miner is fine - the pool lies about nBits.

Good to know!

Does the pool operators know how to fix this? Because suprnova op knows about nothing?

And the pool operators say it's the wallet? xd

Thanks for the compliment,  my friend,  I will have a look and fix it for you Smiley
It was a question, when wolf tought it was the pool i was reply that we must inform suprnova (u). When posting it, i saw ur message about the wallet so i made an edit.

Not an insult not an compliment hehe, i was just asking and try to help.
Activity: 1008
July 21, 2016, 05:09:03 PM
The NVIDIA miner is now open source:

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

Big thanks to epsylon3

Smiley

Thanks for the miner.. mining this now..

No problem my friend Smiley
Jump to: