Pages:
Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 65. (Read 362583 times)

Activity: 402
Merit: 116
July 12, 2017, 02:45:22 AM
So why does LBRY needs to use LBC instead of BTC. BTC will always be more stable and much more people are familiar with it. Do I miss something?

I'd wager its because most videos that we watch ends quicker than the confirmation time on the Bitcoin network.

Think about it............Say you're watching a video for 1lbc (25 cents or whatever) for 2 minutes and you close it and watch something else, another 1 lbc. That is a ton of micro-transactions that is pretty much screwed if you're using bitcoin. Hell, I don't even think Litecoin can handle that amount of transaction being kicked around a system.

Since Lbry wants to be its own little ecosystem, I don't mind that it has its own token (LBC is not an actual coin like, if you wanna mine an actual profittable coin, go for mona or something).

What I do have issue with is the 400million premined lbc: for a platform that touts decentralization, we're putting an awful lot of faith into the hands of very few (acne covered) developers
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 11, 2017, 03:38:11 PM
So why does LBRY needs to use LBC instead of BTC. BTC will always be more stable and much more people are familiar with it. Do I miss something?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 11, 2017, 07:01:05 AM
Great time to buy would be >0.0001 btc

anything above that and you're  risking it. Its fun to be right for once and cashed out to fiat. Now lets see where this bear drags the corpse this time around.

I think it will recover in a few weeks or in a month but if it is the burst of bubble we'll see such a downs we never haven't.

I'm going on vacation from the markets.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but I think thats the best course of action for people who still love crypto's. I still think Lbry is going places, but just not right now, maybe not for another year

Kind of agree with you. If you can accumalate a huge sum of LBRY, you should be happy in 2-3 years. Long term holding is very good thing. No big stress, just your goals.
July 11, 2017, 04:07:41 AM

anything above that and you're  risking it. Its fun to be right for once and cashed out to fiat. Now lets see where this bear drags the corpse this time around.

I think it will recover in a few weeks or in a month but if it is the burst of bubble we'll see such a downs we never haven't.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but I think thats the best course of action for people who still love crypto's. I still think Lbry is going places, but just not right now, maybe not for another year
July 11, 2017, 02:46:06 AM

July 10, 2017, 10:39:56 PM

anything above that and you're  risking it. Its fun to be right for once and cashed out to fiat. Now lets see where this bear drags the corpse this time around.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
July 10, 2017, 06:51:44 PM
Lbc is currently the currency that falls the most, every day now falls from 20 to 30%. shame
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
July 10, 2017, 04:47:22 PM
Please let it plummet. I want to buy Wink.
July 10, 2017, 04:44:23 PM
Too much stupid panic sell. People will regret doing this soon. It is only emotions. Don't sell LBRY, you're making rich other people and deprive yourself. Be smart, hodl.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
July 10, 2017, 01:27:48 PM
At least diff is following the price  Grin
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
July 10, 2017, 12:54:01 PM
Hi,

i want to add LBC to BarterDEX, a decentralized Exchange, and i need to know if some parameters for LBC i used are in fact correct.

These are the parameters i need:
{\"coin\":\"LBC\",\"name\":\"lbrycrd\",\"rpcport\":9245,\"pubtype\":85,\"p2shtype\":122,\"wiftype\":28,\"txfee\":10000 }

I looked here https://github.com/lbryio/lbrycrd/blob/master/src/chainparams.cpp#L176 and managed to find the right values for
pubtype = base58Prefixes[PUBKEY_ADDRESS] converted to decimal
p2shtype = base58Prefixes[SCRIPT_ADDRESS] converted to decimal
wiftype = base58Prefixes[SECRET_KEY] converted to decimal

But what about the txfee? How high is that for LBC?

For the people interested:
https://www.supernet.org
https://github.com/jl777/SuperNET

GRR
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
July 10, 2017, 09:48:47 AM
While it is difficult to guess in which direction LBRY is going in terms of value but correction was serious. I have spotted that LBRY drops very hard in red times.

Even the best projects in the Top10 had seriously heavy corrections due to panic sells because they do not believe in the success yet. When there is more actual development, good resonance on a wider field, things usually explode as soon as there is some slight hype, that is how it always works. When the lows are dramatic, the highs will also be strong. And of course vice versa.
July 10, 2017, 07:14:32 AM
While it is difficult to guess in which direction LBRY is going in terms of value but correction was serious. I have spotted that LBRY drops very hard in red times.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
July 10, 2017, 06:38:09 AM
Its funny when I re-read the posts from last week that says Lbry is about to moon soon.........

from a scale of 1 to nuclear meltdown: How do you feel right now?

All alts are red, LBRY is just one of many many red alts. It will recover. I'm sure it's a great purchase under 20k sato!
GRR
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
July 10, 2017, 06:26:22 AM
Its funny when I re-read the posts from last week that says Lbry is about to moon soon.........

Look at other stuff and the overall market cap. These days are bearish and boring. Good times to accumulate whatever you want though.
July 10, 2017, 05:38:39 AM

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
July 09, 2017, 09:23:13 PM
I decided to try mining with my GPU but getting an error message. Here is the error message I'm getting.

https://gyazo.com/810f496d446e138a8cc695e1d82ec648

Im using the sgminer for lbry and all I changed in the bat file was the workername and pw. Any ideas? GPU is AMD Radeon HD 8670D
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
July 09, 2017, 07:18:46 PM
It's a local wallet.

But you can't encrypt it, if I'm not wrong. Hence my initial question.

Your question was is there a reliable wallet. It is reliable in that it works for balances and transactions but it doesn't feature encryption yet. They're not even officially at beta stage yet so you have to cut them some slack on this!

If you want encryption in the meantime you could store the ./libryum folder on an encypted disk image which you mount when you want to use the wallet and point a symlink to that image.

I was only asking, not demanding. I fully understand their situation, didn't mean to be rude Wink

All good sorry I didn't mean to infer that either  Smiley
Activity: 132
Merit: 10
July 09, 2017, 06:21:25 PM
It's a local wallet.

But you can't encrypt it, if I'm not wrong. Hence my initial question.

Your question was is there a reliable wallet. It is reliable in that it works for balances and transactions but it doesn't feature encryption yet. They're not even officially at beta stage yet so you have to cut them some slack on this!

If you want encryption in the meantime you could store the ./libryum folder on an encypted disk image which you mount when you want to use the wallet and point a symlink to that image.

I was only asking, not demanding. I fully understand their situation, didn't mean to be rude Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 260
July 09, 2017, 04:11:16 PM
Why can my LBRY balance just disappear in the wallet window? Please explain? I never withdraw my LBRY balance
Pages:
Jump to: