Pages:
Author

Topic: Learn to speak proper English if you are going to post - page 2. (Read 359 times)

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
I agree with OP to some extent. If you don't know proper english but are trying to ask a legit question it's fine. When you're mixing English and Indonesian or some other language together it frustrates me. I know I may sound like a dick, but when I see post in a local language or half local half English in the English board I click report faster than you can say "google translate" Wink
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
Most of the world does not speak English, I think so long as you can see they are trying to be understandable, and not just completely shitposting then it's fine. There are local language boards, but they don't have nearly as much content and opportunity as the main forum. The merit system will take a while to weed out the newbie/jr shitposts, but eventually they'll release they're wasting their time trying to boost their account/s up.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I'd say most of the time if someone writes in English but it's not very well put together you still should be able to interpret what it is supposed to be.

Otherwise, it's more your problem that you can't understand what others write if it's not in the correct grammatical English format (maybe your own language skills could do with a slight improvement) .

Bilingual posts aren't too much of a bad idea but if you're going to post solely in your own language you have to stick to local boards which I guess is quite and issue as there won't be as many users on those boards to join in on discussions.

Your posts are pretty insubstantial though (fyi) ref
Activity: 364
Merit: 41
Hey non native English speakers: 

If you are going to post on the English boards at least learn to read and write at a 3rd grade level.   Just stick to your own language if you can't make comprehensible posts.
Pages:
Jump to: