Pages:
Author

Topic: Learnt from Someone's mistake - page 3. (Read 497 times)

copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
August 30, 2021, 02:17:52 PM
Always suspect when something is too good to be true, it usually is.

Before proceeding in any investments you should at least make a research about what it is and how money works on that investment you want to take in because it's your money after all.

Also, if someone invites you or refer you to someone for cryptocurrency investments, it's probably a scam. You can buy bitcoin or any cryptocurrency on most used crypto exchange such as binance or okex, hold the coin you bought and sell it whenever you think you make profit at least 10% or so. Don't just sell if you think you are in loss, just hold since you don't know yet technicalities in trading, just do the basic and it's effective for long term.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
August 30, 2021, 01:10:24 PM
~
This is common than other people think. I had seen this being scambaited by some people and playing along with those scammers.  You'll see this in a lot of social media platform, mostly in comment section of ANY crypto-related pages.

In Facebook, it's even funnier because they'll have stock photos in their profile photo and their biography is claiming to be Forex Trader, Crypto Trader, etc. What's covering them is that a lot of fake profiles are tagging those scammers in their post and vouching for them claiming that they even bought a car and a house. They'll have a photo of them having the paper money cashed out and lots of paper I must say.
Activity: 790
Merit: 44
August 30, 2021, 12:49:20 PM
+ don't investment with money that's not yours or you can bear losing
+ don't fall for smooth promises
These two things I have to admit, high risk investment for those who do, if they do not have good knowledge, as a novice money and smooth promises, to others, if not achieved will experience a disappointment event, that iscommon things happen.

Better your own than someone else's.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
August 30, 2021, 12:16:20 PM
There are so much scams inside and outside the cryptocurrency space(in the finance and investing space in general) that you better get yourself educated simply because we're talking about money here; one of which is the one you just fell for. Mistakes are fine though, just make sure you learn from them and not make similar mistakes.

https://cryptosec.info/scams
Activity: 22
Merit: 42
August 30, 2021, 12:06:58 PM

am still learning, I have already read the rules,
I don't think you have read the rules. If you have read the rules then this topic does not help. It should have been done in this trading section. You can move the topic from here to the trading section. And yes you must read the rules again.
I read the rules and I can see this is beginners and help, am not giving a concrete accusations because it happened to my friend and it could be a very random person or even some close to her with a name and that can't be found on google, I rather told a story of how I learnt from her mistake and fortunately from the mistake I got interested in cryptocurrency so I won't fall for such or I would be equipped to advice those close to me not to fall for it, am a beginner and I feel here I can get guidance, rather than making a nuisance of my self on other board
Activity: 924
Merit: 18
https://imgur.com/yw8HFn9
August 30, 2021, 11:53:19 AM

am still learning, I have already read the rules,
I don't think you have read the rules. If you have read the rules then this topic does not help. It should have been done in this trading section. You can move the topic from here to the trading section. And yes you must read the rules again.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
August 30, 2021, 11:51:21 AM
There are so many scams online that are fairly easy for a novice to fall for that I'm quite surprised you've lasted this long without making too much of a loss!

But it's always a good idea not to put more than you can risk losing into investments. If you find something early $200 in bitcoin in 2015 is now $48000, so what's the point in taking additional risks?
Activity: 22
Merit: 42
August 30, 2021, 11:44:43 AM
hello everyone my name is Cynthia am in my early 20's first time I would be using the word newbie, but yes I am a newbie, I really don't know if my post will make sense or would be liked, well before now I have lived a life of careless investment along with my friends we are what you can call, bring an new platform/industry and we would invest without doing our research, well I don't know what luck it is called but some way or the other we have always been winning and a small lost here and there, but the winnings are little.

so there was this particular platform, with mouth watering benefits my friend came across on whatsapp called Bitcoin invest, we really didn't know much about bitcoin only that it was a cryptocurrency, infact we didn't know what cryptocurrency is about at this time I had no money, but my friend had money she had kept aside for something very important, she actually joined the whatsapp group and the admin was good with words promising heaven and earth, my friend fell for it (I too would have but I had no money on me or any one kept aside), long story short my friend invested and after few weeks got blocked and removed from the group, she is still devastated up till this day.
since the lost I have taken an interest in Bitcoin and from what I have come across I and my friend has faulted in almost all the don't of Bitcoin or cryptocurrency, we were very reckless and it had to take a misfortune for us to learn, I know many personally who are still making mistakes in cryptocurrency.
I think I have so much to learn and give out to those I can, the few I have learnt
+ don't investment with money that's not yours or you can bear losing
+ don't fall for smooth promises
+ investigate what you want to invest in

Am still learning, I have already read the rules, and am hoping I can become good in cryptocurrency and maybe expose fakes and scams to others around me
Pages:
Jump to: