Pages:
Author

Topic: Ledger and Electrum addresses don't match - page 2. (Read 229 times)

legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 7333
Crypto Swap Exchange
I was able to sign and verify, however, when trying to sign and verify on the form provided by bitcoin.com

Are you talking about bitcoin.com wallet or this page (https://tools.bitcoin.com/verify-message/)? If you're talking about second one, take note bitcoin.com doesn't support Bech32 address (it's detected as invalid address).
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Both Ledger and Electrum wallet can have different address formats starting with 1, 3 or bc1 so you need to pay attention if you selected the right account.
One more thing is that you need to have correct and default derivation path that should be the same in Ledger and in Electrum wallet.
I don't understand what bitcoin.com exchange has to do with all this, so you need to post more information.

Follow this guide and double check if you correctly connected Electrum with your Ledger:
https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005161925-Set-up-and-use-Electrum
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
When you say "Ledger wallet", do you mean Ledger Live?
Is your Electrum wallet linked to your Ledger device?
Are you using the same Ledger device with both Ledger Live and Electrum?
What character do the addresses in both wallets start with?

What are you trying to sign from bitcoin.com? Note that bitcoin.com is a scam site designed to trick users in to buying an altcoin called BCash, which is not bitcoin. I would strongly recommend not using this site.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
I hardly understand what you are asking, but maybe this can help. You can only sign an address generated by a wallet on the same wallet you generated it from, you can not sign addresses generated on another wallet on the wallet. For example, you have Electrum and Ledger Nano wallet with different keys and addresses, you can not use address generated on Ledger wallet to sign a message on Electrum wallet and vice versa, you can only use Electrum to sign a message using the same Electrum address. Also even if you have Electrum wallet A, you can not use Electrum wallet B address to sign a message on wallet A and also vice versa. But you can verify message on any supported wallet or reputed site used for verifying the message signed.
Activity: 11
Merit: 4
First post, hi all.

When signing a message on Electrum wallet I noticed that the addresses didn't match the ones on the Ledger wallet.

I was able to sign and verify, however, when trying to sign and verify on the form provided by bitcoin.com I wasn't able to, the fields remained red and whatever I tried didn't work to turn them into green, indicating successful verification.

Any help is much appreciated
Pages:
Jump to: