Pages:
Author

Topic: Ledger Firmware Update? - page 2. (Read 314 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
December 03, 2021, 02:44:08 PM
Well... looks like the answer was November 30th, 2021

They've put out an update to support Taproot amongst other things:
https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010446000-Ledger-Nano-S-firmware-release-notes?docs=true

Update was simple enough... saw the "New Firmware" banner in Ledger Live, clicked update now... followed the prompts... it even has the "re-install apps" feature at the end of the process that will put all the apps you had installed back on the device for you.

The entire process took less than 5 minutes.

I also had updated my Ledger firmware yesterday. Everything was smooth and without any issues. Actually, I was a bit surprised about it because on previous updates usually I had some kind f errors or other issues and had to search for answers how to solve it.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
December 03, 2021, 10:26:23 AM
What can you tell us about its size?

With only 3 apps installed I've lost 4k compared to the free space from before the update.
From what I've read there were complains from people losing Fido U2F - probably because there was no longer enough space for it.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
December 03, 2021, 04:12:05 AM
Oh no. That can only mean that more drama is coming to the Hardware wallet sub in this thread and several new ones that will be created.
I used Ledger Live yesterday to receive some coins but the update was not suggested to me yet. They are probably rolling it out in stages like in the past.

... it even has the "re-install apps" feature at the end of the process that will put all the apps you had installed back on the device for you.
That reinstall feature was there during the previous firmware upgrade as well. I remember that my device installed the apps automatically after the update was completed.

What can you tell us about its size? With new features such as Taproot, I assume the firmware takes up even more space from the limited internal memory. Did you notice less storage space for the crypto apps on your Nano S?
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
December 02, 2021, 05:10:57 PM
So the last ledger firmware update was all the way back in May of this year.  Thus that is when I did the last nano ledger s firmware update.  Does anyone know when would be most likely the next update?

They've put out an update to support Taproot amongst other things:
https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010446000-Ledger-Nano-S-firmware-release-notes?docs=true

Update was simple enough... saw the "New Firmware" banner in Ledger Live, clicked update now... followed the prompts... it even has the "re-install apps" feature at the end of the process that will put all the apps you had installed back on the device for you.

The entire process took less than 5 minutes.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
November 19, 2021, 05:54:40 AM
Why is this important? Are you trying to plan something around when Ledger are likely to issue a new firmware? Huh
Because it's November and another round of Jerry asks questions. He has now asked similar questions about updating the firmware and the crypto apps on his hardware wallet. He isn't going to do either of the two because of *insert reason*. When a new firmware update gets released, he is going to ask whether or not it's recommended to perform the upgrade and what can happen if you don't.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
November 17, 2021, 10:44:50 PM
Does anyone know when would be most likely the next update?
Why is this important? Are you trying to plan something around when Ledger are likely to issue a new firmware? Huh

It could be tomorrow (if someone has discovered a severe flaw that needs immediate patching), it could be next week, next month or never... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
November 11, 2021, 06:20:33 PM
OP please stop asking something whenever Ledger decides to push something to it's device / decides to do anything. You've made a very similar thread before[1] and Pmalek even foreshadowed what your future behavior could be like[2]. I don't have anything against users being interested, captivated and with the will to learn about crypto (or anything in general) but before asking something you really should try your best to judge the question and see if it's appropriate or even if it's something that we can help you with. For example, if you've checked here[3] you'll see that you aren't able to pinpoint exactly when the firmware is going to be release since it doesn't appear to have any kind of pattern on it.

Besides, like Rath_ said, I can't possibly see any reason as to why this information would be of use to you. Perhaps to use the information as a way to "check" the legitimacy of an update? Even if they released the updates on time you shouldn't use that criteria to judge if it's a trusted release or not since nothing guarantees you that on that specific date that the website wasn't hacked and tampered with ...

[1]https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58307390
[2]https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58307728
[3]https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010446000-Ledger-Nano-S-firmware-release-notes
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
November 11, 2021, 03:45:33 PM
Does anyone know when would be most likely the next update?

Probably no one except some Ledger employees. You can contact their support but you will very likely get a reply like "when it's ready". Why would you need to know that anyway?
Activity: 1708
Merit: 185
November 11, 2021, 03:26:45 PM
So the last ledger firmware update was all the way back in May of this year.  Thus that is when I did the last nano ledger s firmware update.  Does anyone know when would be most likely the next update?

Pages:
Jump to: