Pages:
Author

Topic: Ledger: get up to 30$ in free BTC. - page 2. (Read 266 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
November 21, 2022, 03:19:43 PM
I was just about to create a thread about it, but you were faster this time.

The promotion is valid from 21 November until 28 November.

The gift cards can be redeemed through Ledger Live’s Discover program by following the instructions provided in the physical cards that are part of the shipped package. The coins can then be sent to a BTC address of your choice (it doesn’t have to be an addy in Ledger Live). More information can be found in the Black Friday T&C.

Anyone considering taking advantage of this promotion should know that the bitcoins are sent by a 3rd-party Ledger service provider. If this party determines a need to undergo KYC, the user might be required to verify their identity before receiving their coins.

If it weren’t for the possibility of being asked to undergo KYC, I would say this is an interesting offer. But I’m not too fond of it. I also don’t know if Ledger can demask users and connect the names from order data with the codes that get claimed. It would be easier if they offered a $20 and $30 discount on their respective hardware wallets. My guess is they didn’t care to think of something better. They have already said they are getting 7x more sales following the downfall of FTX, so I assume they have already filled their pockets plenty. 
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
November 21, 2022, 03:03:14 PM
So apparently and instead of giving discounts on devices, ledger is giving away:

20$ in BTC for when you buy the nano S plus model and 30$ if you buy the X model.

You can find more details here: https://shop.ledger.com/pages/black-friday
Pages:
Jump to: