Pages:
Author

Topic: Ledger Live Update - page 2. (Read 312 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
October 30, 2021, 10:17:19 PM
Yes.
You want to bet that this is not the end of it?
Lol.  Give OP a little bit of a break (or not; it's your choice).  He's clearly expressed interest in crypto and hardware wallets for quite a while now, but he's just a tad more paranoid and perhaps OCDish than the rest of us--and way more paranoid than a bitcoiner needs to be about security. 

And I too downloaded at least 3 different Ledger Live updates in the last few weeks.  One of them was the update to the software itself, and the others were for specific wallets.  No problems, and this is business as usual for Ledger as far as I'm concerned.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
October 30, 2021, 05:18:34 PM
Thanks o_e_l_e_o. Is this how everyone else has done it? Previously I could just update Ledger Live by clicking on the update button right? Suddenly, it was no longer possible to do that, am I right? Someone said that you had to update it manually by going to the Ledger website, but I didn't do that because I was afraid of downloading malware from phishing links. Does anyone know if someone has been infected in this way? What if I download a fake update, that's possible right?

Last month I didn't have access to my Nano S, now I have access to it because I came home, but I am worried if I am doing it the right way. Are you sure that I can just click the download button? What if I click the button and my coins are gone, that can happen right?
Looks like jerry forgot to switch accounts. Tagging Pmalek for being a sold account. Tongue

Obviously joking
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
October 30, 2021, 02:47:39 PM
Yes.
You want to bet that this is not the end of it?

Here is how I see his next reply:
Thanks o_e_l_e_o. Is this how everyone else has done it? Previously I could just update Ledger Live by clicking on the update button right? Suddenly, it was no longer possible to do that, am I right? Someone said that you had to update it manually by going to the Ledger website, but I didn't do that because I was afraid of downloading malware from phishing links. Does anyone know if someone has been infected in this way? What if I download a fake update, that's possible right?

Last month I didn't have access to my Nano S, now I have access to it because I came home, but I am worried if I am doing it the right way. Are you sure that I can just click the download button? What if I click the button and my coins are gone, that can happen right?

Roll Eyes 
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
October 30, 2021, 02:37:54 PM
I assume most people who saw this message on ledger live just clicked download update right?
Yes.

/thread
Activity: 1708
Merit: 185
October 30, 2021, 01:43:11 PM
Just noticed ledger live has a new update.  I assume most people who saw this message on ledger live just clicked download update right?  Version is 2.34.3.

Thanks.

Pages:
Jump to: