Pages:
Author

Topic: Ledger Nano X - Black box 2022 - page 2. (Read 276 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
February 24, 2022, 01:20:03 PM
When I remember that I bought my X for about $90 at the end of 2019 (35% discount for Black Friday), I wonder how the price is even higher than then -
A combination of several factors probably. You mentioned the pandemic. That's certainly one element. The global chip shortage is another one. Inflation and its effect on prices is felt almost everywhere. And Ledger has spent plenty of money on promotions, marketing, and shills recently. Someone has to pay for all that and that would be their customers.     
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5634
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
February 24, 2022, 10:30:36 AM
Whether it now sells in a white or black box, the device costs €149 if shipped within the EU. It's still the same old thing.

When I remember that I bought my X for about $90 at the end of 2019 (35% discount for Black Friday), I wonder how the price is even higher than then - but obviously, we pay extra prices for this pandemic. I was recently quite surprised by the price of a device I bought about a year ago, and its price is even 10% higher than then - although a new model has appeared on the market.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
February 24, 2022, 08:02:01 AM
I don't think they made significant improvements or hardware changes, otherwise they would be marketing and shilling it as crazy. I just went through some of their most recent social media posts and there is no mention of any improvements to the Nano X. 

Whether it now sells in a white or black box, the device costs €149 if shipped within the EU. It's still the same old thing.
legendary
February 24, 2022, 07:33:05 AM
This is always possible, although unlikely in the near future - because the S model was if I'm not mistaken, created in 2016 and still has support, while the X is more recent and should have support for at least another 5+ years. You have to accept that these devices will become obsolete at some point, but that is the fate of all electronic devices, whether they are smartphones, TVs, or hardware wallets.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 23, 2022, 02:21:33 PM
Is there a possibility soon the new firmware does not work anymore with older hardware (i.e. lder wallet)? Then it is a risk! Like Apple that at some point you have no choice than buying a new phone.....
legendary
February 23, 2022, 07:44:46 AM
Anyone have any idea why Ledger needs to have so many updates?

So that jerry0 could ask even more questions and feed his paranoia Grin

I don't keep track of how often Ledger has a firmware update for S&X, but I know that in the past people have complained that there are too few of them (1-2 per year). As for the S model, the last firmware was released on November 30, 2021, and for model X the latest was released on January 25, 2022, before that on October 21, 2021.

I don't think it's necessarily bad, which means they're working on fixing bugs and adding new features - but no one is forcing you to upgrade your firmware if you don't want to.
Activity: 756
Merit: 1723
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 23, 2022, 04:55:53 AM
@CoinbaseWallet now supports @Ledger hardware wallets.
Wait.  How is this supposed to work?  Hardware wallet with KYC enabled Coinbase does not seem like a working combination.  Am I missing something?

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
February 23, 2022, 03:57:42 AM
Activity: 4
Merit: 1
February 22, 2022, 06:53:46 PM
I have investigated both models from 2021 and 2022. And I see that they have modified the design of battery / chipset.
I will right a post on it soon.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
February 22, 2022, 03:57:22 PM
Is this black box, same shit, in different wrap?
Yes, it's exactly the same shit, without any real changes on device.
Well one real change on the device is a change in the intensity or brightness of the display--and I swear, each time Ledger has messed around with that, it ends up being harder to see what I'm entering for my PIN.  I've said this before in other threads: I don't like it when companies change their user interface for no reason, because the end result is that customers are invariably dissatisfied. 

Why?  Because all those people in the middle of the bell curve prefer a consistent user interface, not one that makes you learn how to perform the same menial functions all over again every time the company fucks with it.  Ebay is a great example of a website that just keeps getting worse for no rational reason.

Some folks might complain that bitcointalk's look is like a disco revival, but I bet if Theymos was constantly tweaking little things here and there, we'd be hearing about five times as many bitches howling.

Anyone have any idea why Ledger needs to have so many updates?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
February 22, 2022, 03:46:13 PM
Yes, it's exactly the same shit, without any real changes on device.
Black boxes are starting to ship along with new ledger logo that is also following new redesigned website.

Has anyone got same battery problem with this?
Yes there are still issues with batteries on nono X devices even with new black boxes.
If you don't trust me, you can check out their reddit page and find all complains from customers.
Along with battery we have new problems with devices acting crazy, making it impossible to enter PIN code for your accounts.
Here is fresh example from today - Ledger Nano X Battery not working:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/syv0ki/ledger_nano_x_battery_not_working/

Has go this one a different hardware on?
No it's the same crap inside, with closed source code and new L logo on metal.
They had to justify recent price increase somehow :/
legendary
February 22, 2022, 10:58:07 AM
Ledger just changed the color of the box, as far as I can see from the comments there are no changes as far as the device is concerned - except that the price is higher than before. As for the battery on the Nano X, some still report the same problems...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/src94p/ledger_nano_x_dead_on_arrival_have_been_unable_to/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/sq017s/super_frustrated_doa_nano_x/
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 22, 2022, 09:20:32 AM
Guys, I was reading this observation on Reddit

As you might have heard Ledger released a new or Re-brand ledger nano x  - with black box! Well, reading this post on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/sclh51/ledger_nano_x_black_box_2022_vs_ledger_nano_x/
does not seem to be much difference.
Now I have got few questions....

Has anyone got same battery problem with this?
Has go this one a different hardware on?
Let me know your thoughts / info on it.
Pages:
Jump to: