Pages:
Author

Topic: Ledger's laying off employees. Thoughts? - page 5. (Read 787 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 443
October 06, 2023, 03:52:30 AM
It seems that this news is true. Here is the link to the article: https://www.ledger.com/blog/a-message-from-pascal-gauthier-chairman-ceo-at-ledger
When we talk about a company that manufactures hardware wallets, continuous development and customer safety must come first. It is not a company that sells TVs or sports shoes, so the marketing mentality must come first, the constant lying that appears in the company’s management will lead them to bankruptcy and may lead to the loss of some users.

The numbers he mentioned about the total number of wallets sold are frightening, and I do not know how he knows the percentage of securing 20% of global crypto assets.

Over the last decade Ledger has built a best-in-class hardware and software platform, selling more than 6.5 million Nanos and powering over 100 financial institutions, now securing more than 20% of global crypto assets. T
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
October 06, 2023, 02:59:04 AM
I've been checking the Ledger subreddit pretty often since their idiotic, trust-destroying Recover service was announced and looking at it today, I saw a thread that linked to a Twitter post that in turn linked to some other source saying that Ledger is laying off 12% of its employees.  Having read through the reddit post, I'm seeing opinions about the cause of this ranging from "this is expected during an economic downturn" to "Ledger fucked themselves because of Recover and/or the behavior of their CEO".  Those aren't direct quotes from the post, by the way.

Frankly I was expecting a thread about this on bitcointalk, but apparently there isn't.  What do you guys think about this development?  Was it mentioned on any crypto news sites?  The reddit thread also mentioned that Ledger has something like 500 employees, which seems like a hell of a lot for a company that basically makes 3-4 products (unless a lot of programming/coding is needed).

I also wasn't aware that there were very negative opinions about Ledger's CEO.  Very interesting.
Pages:
Jump to: