Pages:
Author

Topic: LEGIT or QUIT List of Safe retailers - page 3. (Read 8857 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
July 24, 2017, 08:30:03 PM
I would say Brooklynhardware.us does LOOK more legit, but is still a SCAM site. QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT!!!

Forget that their S9s are priced at what Bitmain sold them for. Forget that their shop button was a dead link, since that's not a GREAT sign, but also not definitive either way.

nAH, the SHADIEST aspect is (drum roll please)

Their listed PHYSICAL ADDRESS on the site's contact page

1613 63rd St, Brooklyn, 11204, NY
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-5pm (EST)
Email:  [email protected]

If you google that address, you get this...

Empire electric company (empireelectric.com)

And it's in a residential area, with no other Brooklyn Hardware storefront or office buildings nearby. One time, I almost bought from fake hardware company that turned out to be a chinese restaurant (i think I listed them earlier and made a wokchain joke).

If you know anybody who lives in New York, you could send them on a wild goose chace to an electric appliance store, see if their moonlighting as an ASIC online hardware retailer who sells S9s for at cost, but in lieu of that, I'd say QUIT ITand FORGET IT.

As for the Bitmain waiting list... it goes like this. You gotta check their website all the time... like, ALL THE TIME. When they announced their D3s, they were for sale for like 2 hours in the middle of the night... then they sold out. When are they coming back? "soon"... but it doesnt feel that way.

Most of the times i bought from them, it was the middle of the night. The L3+ "buy now" button turned from grey to red... only for a few minutes, then they sold out again. I would reccommend having crypto ready (they require crypto payment within an hour of placing an order)... or choosing the USD bank wire option, where you'll get a few 3-7 days to finalize a wire transfer to their account...

I would also recommend being signed in to your account BEFORE you try to buy, because products have sold out in the time it took me to sign in... Welcome to the crazy, frustrating, exhilerating world of crypto mining...

If you don't wanna mess with all that, may I reccommend Eastshore.xyz

https://www.eastshore.xyz/shop/antminer-l3-litecoin-miner-250mh-for-scrypt-mining/

They're charging $2,850 plus power supply for an l3+ you'd get middle of September. I know it's a premium, but at least you'll get it. Even if/when bitmain comes back with their L3+s, you wouldn't get them till October or later... jope this helps. Keep me posted on what you do, how it works out.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
July 24, 2017, 05:28:02 PM
July 24, 2017, 04:41:02 PM
Has anyone dealt with this guy?:
Domain:  newasic.com
E-mail:  [email protected]
Phone:  +00-86-23-166-21770

When you go to place order, website says to call.  I've Skyped with him, and placed an order, but didn't realize the web site I was using would limit what I could convert and take up to 7 days for bank transfer.  Says he's holding Antminer L3+ & PSU until my transfer clears and I can send full payment.  I've already sent him 3 LTC & $10 USD as "test transfers", which was fine with me because this was the first time paying with cryptocurrency for me.   Is this the typical way you pay by the seller by him giving you just a long code to send to?

Just to be clear, you're saying it's taking you 7 days to transfer your dollars from your bank, then you'll  convert that money into litecoin or bitcoin, and then send that crypto to this guy in China, right?

To answer your question, it is typical to pay somebody with bitcoin or litecoin after they give you a long code. That long code is called a wallet address. The wallet YOU would be sending FROM also has a unique wallet address (long code). That part of it is normal enough. Most / all of the LEGIT sellers on this list (from Eastshore to the group buy members, to the ASIC manufacturers themselves) accept payment in this way...

BUT THIS GUY AND HIS SITE LOOK SHADY... FOR A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT REASON!!!
     QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

First of all, I've never heard of newasic.com. You see, if a seller is trustworthy / has an established track record, then it doesn't really matter what kind payment they accept. If they are unknown, like this guy and his site, they should accept Paypal, which offers SOME buyer protection, cancel accounts of scammers etc. All of his payment methods are irreversable, which again, is okay if the seller is well established, better known.

but the MAIN THING that SCREEEAAAMS shady to me is the price he's charging for the L3+. He's selling it for LESS than what Bitmain (the manufacturer) ever charged for it. The cheapest I could pick one up for was $1,290, and that was FROM the manufacturer. All my other L3+ buys were higher, either with bitmain's 40-41 litecoin batches (1600-2100), or from a retailer.

My point is HOW IS THIS PERSON MAKING A PROFIT? You can't sell something for less than you bought it, especially when the demand for them is so high. Eastshore, which I like a lot, adds somewhere between 500-1,200 to the price... but that premium keeps their lights on. Either this newasic guy has started a convoluted charity where he sells asics for less than he bought them for... OR, it's too good to be true.

Newasic.com REALLY looks like a scam. PLEASE avoid them!
Activity: 6
July 24, 2017, 02:58:59 PM
Has anyone dealt with this guy?:
Domain:  newasic.com
E-mail:  [email protected]
Phone:  +00-86-23-166-21770

When you go to place order, website says to call.  I've Skyped with him, and placed an order, but didn't realize the web site I was using would limit what I could convert and take up to 7 days for bank transfer.  Says he's holding Antminer L3+ & PSU until my transfer clears and I can send full payment.  I've already sent him 3 LTC & $10 USD as "test transfers", which was fine with me because this was the first time paying with cryptocurrency for me.   Is this the typical way you pay by the seller by him giving you just a long code to send to?
July 23, 2017, 03:14:38 AM
LEGIT

ALIEXPRESS - I forgot about Ali, until recently. I've never bought through them personally, but I've read enough experiences to feel comfortable adding them. Eastshore sells through them regularly. At the moment, PinIdea is exclusively selling their new X11 Asic through AliExpress. I believe they offer some buyer protections (like Ebay)... or in the very least, have seller ratings. Anybody who has had personal experience, please feel free to share any and all advice / details...
July 22, 2017, 07:46:26 AM

A) the price looks like it'll be a lot more than double the new D3,

C) I'm getting a little uneasy about all the asics (and subsequent difficulty hikes) coming to the X11 algo, with 5 companies selling new X11 models in a concentrated time frame.

Innosilicon finally posted a price for the A5 - at $9999 with a MOQ of 3.

Almost 4x the price of the D3.

IMO even if they meet their announced specs it's too high - should have been $6k-$7k ballpark to be competative.

There aren't all that many "new" ASIC for X11 showing up - IBelink producing a "second generation" product, the D3 (first for BItmain in X11), and the A5 (first for Innosilicon in X11).
 This wave is VERY similar to the FIRST wave of ASIC for X11 last year with the Pinidea, iBelink first-gen, and Bailkal all showing up in a 2-3 month timeframe and each more efficient than the one before it.
 Only the players have (in part) changed.

With all due respect, QuintLeo, I was including Pinidea's new drx 1150 MH (1.15 gh) currently going for 6k on aliexpress and Baikal's recently announced 2 gh Giant Plus (basically an upgrade of their A900).

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170704091749&SearchText=pinidea+drx

I realize these models are much weaker than their contemporary competition, but they're also not nothing. I mean, had they come out a few months ago, they would be the most powerful X11 asics on the market. What a difference a couple months makes...

It also occurs to me that since Bitmain is the largest of these companies, they're likely to produce a ton of their D3s, similar to their L3+ roll out.

While I think the price of DASH will eventually overcome the reduced profitability, 5 new X11 ASICs still strikes me as grim in the psuedo-near term.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
July 21, 2017, 03:42:03 PM

C) I'm getting a little uneasy about all the asics (and subsequent difficulty hikes) coming to the X11 algo, with 5 companies selling new X11 models in a concentrated time frame.

Innosilicon finally posted a price for the A5 - at $9999 with a MOQ of 3.

Almost 4x the price of the D3.

IMO even if they meet their announced specs it's too high - should have been $6k-$7k ballpark to be competative.

There aren't all that many "new" ASIC for X11 showing up - IBelink producing a "second generation" product, the D3 (first for BItmain in X11), and the A5 (first for Innosilicon in X11).
 This wave is VERY similar to the FIRST wave of ASIC for X11 last year with the Pinidea, iBelink first-gen, and Bailkal all showing up in a 2-3 month timeframe and each more efficient than the one before it.
 Only the players have (in part) changed.

July 21, 2017, 11:00:58 AM

LEGIT - GROUP BUY

Longsnowm - I'd like to add Longsnowm to the LEGIT list. He's a HERO member who has successfully arranged group buys before. I know somebody who successfully participated in his A4 dominator group buy, and the threads speak for themselves.

He is currently trying to coordinate a group buy of the Innosillicon A5 30 GH/S X11 Asic, but it's still early in the provess.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2034549.0;all

Regardless of his Legit status, I think I may sit this group buy out, since

B) Innosillicon has a tendency to over promise on hashrate and delivery time, and

But if you DO participate, please BE AWARE... fake users have been posing as LONGSNOWM with similar screen names, private messaging people who post on that thread. Always check the spelling of anybody who PMs you. ALWAYS check their profile status. If they're not a HERO, or LEGENDARY, proceed with caution or run for the hills.
June 22, 2017, 06:56:32 PM
I think you can add user 33bitcoin and his "shop" 33bitcoin.com to SCAM  (at least until he proves opposite)

Based on reactions in this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/all-sold-wts-4-x-antminer-l3-no-psu-all-sold-1957897

Entire thing looks pretty shady
Why:
he refuse escrow
he's not reacting to scam accusation

Thanks so much for the heads up, Wusolini. Has anybody else ordered from 33bitcoin?

SCAM LIST - QUIT - AVOID
FoxMiners.com - I'd like to add FoxMiners to the SCAM list. Supposedly they raised 20 million in presales for their dual mining scrypt / bitcoin ASIC. They were charging  $4,500 for their F48, which supposedly mined 75 TH/S BTC and 2.1 GH/s Litecoin. It also farted rainbows and cured minor cuts and abrasions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1879542.new

As you can tell from the above thread, nobody has yet to receive their revolutionary miners, or if they have, they're being awfully quiet about it. Also, if you look up the Los Gatos address listed on their website... It's a chines restaurant.

#Wokchain
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
no need to carry heavy money bags anymore
June 22, 2017, 03:43:41 PM
I think you can add user 33bitcoin and his "shop" 33bitcoin.com to SCAM  (at least until he proves opposite)

Based on reactions in this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/all-sold-wts-4-x-antminer-l3-no-psu-all-sold-1957897

Entire thing looks pretty shady
Why:
he refuse escrow
he's not reacting to scam accusation
June 22, 2017, 07:01:06 AM
UNKNOWN

AsicMinerMarket.com - Adding this site to the unknowns... they SEEM very legit, mainly because they sell out a LOT, so if they ARE scammers, they're missing out on a lot of fake sales. Right now, the only miner not sold out is a 3.6 T A6... which would make you about 5 dollars in profit a month, so it makes sense they'd have a surplus... BUT I've never bought from them personally.

I purchased from the guy at asicminermarket, got the goods, very painless fast experience but now he must be suffering not being able to get stock.

Thanks for the experience. AsicMinerMarket.com had the feel of a trustworthy retailer, but you never can tell. I'll add them to the Legit column when I assemble the master list with everyone's input.

Do you have any experiences with other hardware sellers that you can share? Much appreciated.
Activity: 37
June 22, 2017, 02:01:07 AM
UNKNOWN

AsicMinerMarket.com - Adding this site to the unknowns... they SEEM very legit, mainly because they sell out a LOT, so if they ARE scammers, they're missing out on a lot of fake sales. Right now, the only miner not sold out is a 3.6 T A6... which would make you about 5 dollars in profit a month, so it makes sense they'd have a surplus... BUT I've never bought from them personally.

I purchased from the guy at asicminermarket, got the goods, very painless fast experience but now he must be suffering not being able to get stock.
June 20, 2017, 09:40:37 PM
It's been several years ago but I did a bit of business with the guy running GPU Shack. I assume it's the same guy still.

HolyScott is also one of my preferred miner resellers, one of two in the US. He can be unresponsive at times, takes a while to return emails I mean, but like was mentioned - it's one guy running the place. I'm in the same boat so I can't judge. But aside from sometimes slow communication I've never had any trouble with him.

Thanks for your experience Sidehack,

You mentioned that you're in the same boat. Can you (please) tell us a little (or a lot) about YOUR store and what you offer?

The point of this thread is to bring more business to trustworthy people who deserve it. I'm sure you're very well known in the community, but some posters are newbies (myself included), and don't know any better...
June 20, 2017, 09:30:56 PM

Great to know, Benny and Co.

Especially now that GPUs are getting harder to come by. Did anybody ever think that GPUs could EVER become hard to come by? AMD might be a good company to invest in since their sales (of a product initially meant for gamers) must be going crazy thanks maniacs like us.

BennyAndDeJets, can you give us a few more details about your experience? What have you ordered from them? How long did it take to ship? Etc

Thanks a bunch.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
June 20, 2017, 01:18:05 PM
It's been several years ago but I did a bit of business with the guy running GPU Shack. I assume it's the same guy still.

HolyScott is also one of my preferred miner resellers, one of two in the US. He can be unresponsive at times, takes a while to return emails I mean, but like was mentioned - it's one guy running the place. I'm in the same boat so I can't judge. But aside from sometimes slow communication I've never had any trouble with him.
Activity: 42
June 19, 2017, 08:21:11 PM
UNKNOWN

MINESHOP.EU - This site and it's products look really great. Too good to be true? They have a lot of GPU rigs hashing anywhere between 85-185 mh. A lot of out of stock, u gotta call for prices on certain products... If it's real, would be pretty interesting... I'd pay this kind of premium to avoid the hassle of self-assembly, especially since GPUs have become a little hard to come by.

BUT i have NEVER bought from them. Has anybody had an experience w mineshop.eu ? would REALLY appreciate any feedback, good, bad, ugly or otherwise...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
June 19, 2017, 11:13:58 AM
Thanks so much for the experience. I was considering buying an S9 from HolyBitcoin before Bitmain brought them back online. Good to know they can be trusted for next time.

Once there's a few more posts, I'll make a master list with everyone's input (and Holybitcoin in the Legit section).

I had an issue with HolyBitcoin selling me a ... think it was an S5, might have been a SP20 .... then turning around and "out of stocking it" and so they could relist it at a higher price - but to be fair, they didn't charge me for the unit they just didn't live up to their sale price on the order I placed.
 I was also more than a bit ticked that it took them almost 2 WEEKS to let me know what was going on with my order.

Amazon listing, and I DID get to "negative" review them over the issue since the order HAD initially been accepted.

Hi Quint,

Thanks so much for your HOLYBITCOIN.COM experience. I'm sorry that happened to you. If I understand your post correctly, they either did not take your money, or returned it after they cancelled your order? If that is the case, (and I mean this with all due respect) I think I may leave them on the Legit List, as they did not scam you out of your money per say. Maybe we put an asterisk  (*) next to their Legit status, and include your experience.

Also, I believe HolyBitcoin is basically run by one person named Scott (as leowonderful mentioned above). Maybe we cut the guy a little slack. Maybe the capitalist in me over-sympathizes with the inclination to relist a product's price when demand shoots up, but IMHO there's no such thing as over-priced if it gets sold. Some people prefer "over-priced" to "out of stock" and Price negotiates scarcity.

(I promise I do not secretly work for HolyBitcoin or any of their subsidiaries, though I think we all can agree that at this point Scott should compensate me with some kind of affiliate kick back... i kid, i kid)

They never took the payment, so I don't count them as a scam - but the "didn't deliver the order at the price they LISTED" part makes them somewhat shady IMO.

I wouldn't have minded the relisting *IF* it had happened before they accepted the order - it was the do it AFTER order acceptance that I found unacceptable.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
June 19, 2017, 08:10:10 AM
holybitcoin.com - I think i read some favorable posts on another thread. site seems legit, but they just sell out of everything.

I believe they are the J4bberwock salesperson in the US, so Legit.

Can you ad me as well: bitcoinpsu.com

I hate to overwhelm you with questions; Just trying to compensate for my ignorance. I promise this'll be my last one... for a while..

What exactly is J4bberwock? Do they make power supplies or something? I checked out the Holy Board section on his site, but there are very few details there.
He makes breakout boards for server power supplies and I also think he makes cables for them. He's a forum member and you might be able to contact him for direct pricing.
June 19, 2017, 07:39:51 AM
holybitcoin.com - I think i read some favorable posts on another thread. site seems legit, but they just sell out of everything.

I believe they are the J4bberwock salesperson in the US, so Legit.

Can you ad me as well: bitcoinpsu.com

I hate to overwhelm you with questions; Just trying to compensate for my ignorance. I promise this'll be my last one... for a while..

What exactly is J4bberwock? Do they make power supplies or something? I checked out the Holy Board section on his site, but there are very few details there.
Pages:
Jump to: