Pages:
Author

Topic: Lending Subforum Intro & Scam Trends - page 3. (Read 64457 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1
May 14, 2016, 12:47:39 AM
Is it possible to get a sticky of Trusted lender services?
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
January 29, 2016, 05:51:12 AM
Thanks. But in that case, is it possible that the lender will sell away the collateral and run away if the collateral worth more than the loan itself?

If the lender is not established as trusted, you should escrow the collateral to a trusted third party in order to avoid this case. For exemple, if the lender is a newbie account and want to hold your collateral, don't send it to him but to a trusted escrow. Better pay a small escrow fee than lost your collateral.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
January 29, 2016, 05:29:47 AM
I am new here.

Wonder how does the collateral of domain and altcoin and message work? Firstly, how do I receive and keep the collateral? Secondly, how do I turn these into cash or bitcoin?

Thanks in advance.

1a. for domains you or the escrow will need to have a registrar account. the domain collateral will be transferred to your or the escrow's account. additional fee may be charged.

1b. for altcoin you or the escrow will need to have an address to store that altcoin. from wallet or an exchange.

2. you sell them. duh.  Tongue

Thanks. But in that case, is it possible that the lender will sell away the collateral and run away if the collateral worth more than the loan itself?
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
January 27, 2016, 04:04:18 PM
I am new here.

Wonder how does the collateral of domain and altcoin and message work? Firstly, how do I receive and keep the collateral? Secondly, how do I turn these into cash or bitcoin?

Thanks in advance.

1a. for domains you or the escrow will need to have a registrar account. the domain collateral will be transferred to your or the escrow's account. additional fee may be charged.

1b. for altcoin you or the escrow will need to have an address to store that altcoin. from wallet or an exchange.

2. you sell them. duh.  Tongue
Activity: 3
January 27, 2016, 03:40:35 AM
I am new here.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 21, 2016, 12:31:34 AM
I don't lend or borrow here, but I imagine if you wanted to use a domain as collateral it would have to have some value.
There are a few sites out there which will give you an approximate $US valuation for a domain. 
Once you have the value, screenprint it (hopefully with a time and date), and then you will have to hand your domain over to the person giving you the loan, for the period of the loan or an escrow service.

Even with the above info, some lenders may not accept a domain or a website as collat', but if it's worth anything it may well be worth a go.
Activity: 17
September 03, 2015, 07:25:34 AM
Hi,

As a noob here, can someone tell me how I can ask for a loan using domains as collateral?

Thanks
Activity: 68
July 17, 2015, 01:48:49 AM
still very hard to trust someone online.especially when you send bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
July 16, 2015, 08:57:43 AM
Hi

I need a loan of 1BTC how to get it

I am new on the community but have all the valid docs with regular income

Regards
Amit

make a thread/post requesting a loan and provide a collateral. not documents like bank statement or other information. but something on this list (under "What is considered collateral?") that is worth at least 1.1BTC, which you will have to hand over to the lender for assurance.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
April 04, 2015, 02:18:45 PM
why don't we just ban newbies from posting here? it gets kinda annoying with all the scams
Activity: 18
March 05, 2015, 06:40:27 AM
This subforum has an exceptionally high amount of trolling. Legitimate lendees are scared away or simply don't care to subject themselves to unjustified degradation. Skepticism is okay, but please try to be civil. Either way - if you request a loan, be prepared.

Heed this advice and stay away from this section altogether. You're better off selling something you own or make than asking for a loan here.

Source: I asked for a loan.  Lips sealed
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Hi
January 31, 2015, 04:13:33 PM
I have noticed somewhat of a scam trend:

People will offer their domain/website as collateral while giving it outrageous valuations. The amount of the loan will of course be much less then what they claim it to be worth, while the actual value of the domain is closer to zero
Activity: 70
January 18, 2015, 09:08:35 AM
Can't you just restrict the IPs? I think there are people who are using many accounts from one IP at the moment. Buying and selling accounts is also helping scammers.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
January 11, 2015, 03:50:01 PM
There are some people who appear to be making very risky loans (even to people with negative trust) then end up getting repaid. I speculate that some lenders are lending money to their alts in order to build up trust of their alts so they can eventually borrow more significant money from someone else
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 06, 2014, 11:32:41 AM
I need 0,0025BTC loan but after reading this.. I don't think anyone will give me this ...
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
July 23, 2014, 10:43:44 PM
After replying the to guy with "100BTC"...... I propose anyone lending money should sign their BTC addy proving they have the BTC.
It should be in OP.
Kinda-sorta added.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
July 23, 2014, 09:05:05 AM
If they have 10BTC or any amount in their wallet on a certain address, if they sign a message using that address we can verify it belongs to them Smiley
You can test it out using your own wallet and sign messages etc.

Thats a very good idea but how will OP prove it is really his wallet?

Maybe some trusted member should open some wallet and ask OP to deposit like 1-2 cent to the said wallet to proof it is him wallet and he have the coins that he whant to lend Smiley
Activity: 84
July 23, 2014, 07:13:35 AM
Thats a very good idea but how will OP prove it is really his wallet?

Maybe some trusted member should open some wallet and ask OP to deposit like 1-2 cent to the said wallet to proof it is him wallet and he have the coins that he whant to lend Smiley
legendary
July 23, 2014, 07:11:10 AM
After replying the to guy with "100BTC"...... I propose anyone lending money should sign their BTC addy proving they have the BTC.
It should be in OP.
legendary
July 23, 2014, 04:01:26 AM
No you can not trust a donator. They might of donated 10BTC when BTC was $0.01 - $5 etc etc.
A lot of hero and donator members were the ones who pulled off the biggest scams. Do not trust any one until you have gone over them thoroughly.. even if they have a bit of good trust.... Perhaps if they have a lot of good trust you could trust them...
Pages:
Jump to: