Pages:
Author

Topic: Let them make the choice of bitcoin - page 4. (Read 347 times)

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
March 09, 2023, 09:15:35 AM
There is no business that is void of risk because all businesses have some amount of risk. It's not bad to educate people about Bitcoin and tell them your personal experience, but you let them decide on investing or using the coin. I always refer people to bitcointalk to learn. People also inform others of how the price of bitcoin kept rising but fail to tell them about the bearish run. People need to know the risk associated with investing in bitcoin so that they will not see it as a stable sector or a get-rich-quick scheme. Indeed, people are always attracted by the gains they feel they can make but they must get some cardinal information before investing.  
Activity: 574
Merit: 627
March 09, 2023, 09:09:23 AM
Ordinarily, I don't walk up to people, trying to convince them to invest in Bitcoin. Instead, I only share information about how amazing the technology is and let them know what can come of it. If by any chance anyone walks up to me and wants to invest in Bitcoin or any other crypto currency, I usually let them know the risks involved. I go as far as telling them investing in crypto is just like gambling, wagering your fund over a game; if it plays in your favor, good for you; if it doesn't, you count it as your loss. The only difference between crypto investment and gambling is the fact that you can only calculate a loss if you have sold out your holdings; if not, the market can turn around anytime for your good.
As the story continue, so he said of his friend should pay him back of the money he invested during the bull and it happens that what he invested was down by 60% or even more where he feels unbearably for him to wait more further, he went on saying he's friend should come pay him all his invested money since the price refuses to get back to previous price and he is wanting to use this money for long, .
This is where the problem lies. The friend was just interested in inviting him over to crypto without listing the risks involved, as if it were an affiliate that he ought to gain from every invite. So far as the invitee did not explain the risks involved, he has the right to request a refund or file a suit. He deserves what he is accused of because he was so wrong in the first place trying to convince someone without any idea that crypto is not a means to fast money.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
March 09, 2023, 09:05:50 AM
Why do you even have to convince anyone to invest in anything? Investment advice seems to me like you are guaranteeing the person that they will be making a profit from their investment which might not turn out to be so that is why you see sometimes people leave the quote after their post, "this is not an investment advice"
In terms of Bitcoin investment, someone introduced me to it as well however, it was my sole decision to invest in it after understanding a bit about what it is and I have been in it ever since.
It is obvious that people that still introduce Bitcoin to their friends and families like this probably still don't understand Bitcoin cos to me if they did and spoke to them about what they should know before investing, then they might not have ended up at the police because he knew what he was getting into.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 258
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
March 09, 2023, 08:59:20 AM
Convincing people to invest in bitcoin is difficult especially for people who are unfamiliar with bitcoin. they will think 2-3x if they want to invest, especially if we provide information on the worst risks that can be obtained by investing in bitcoin.
but we can't force everyone to invest in bitcoin, because everyone has a point of view to invest what they think is a small risk or even has no risk at all
Activity: 798
Merit: 134
March 09, 2023, 08:46:29 AM
Do you think is the right thing to convince someone to invest in bitcoin?
Okay, from my understanding and sense of reasoning I don't think is ideal to convince people to venture into bitcoin without their self willingness.

What do I mean by self willingness?

I have came across two individuals having a serious dispute over convincing him to invest in bitcoin with his little saving around my neighborhood, lemme clear something here, there are some people who invested in bitcoin without them knowing there is a place they called a bitcointalk forum, maybe those people venture into bitcoin by just buying and hold on centralized exchange where they thought is very easily for them to control and sells off without immediate delay.

As the story continue, so he said of his friend should pay him back of the money he invested during the bull and it happens that what he invested was down by 60% or even more where he feels unbearably for him to wait more further, he went on saying he's friend should come pay him all his invested money since the price refuses to get back to previous price and he is wanting to use this money for long, to crown it all, he also temper with his mother's funds thinking it would increase more, little did he know the market would dropped unpredictably. Well it's a very long story where the investor reported the case to our local police authority and he was arrested for fraud after paying him back he was released, keep in mind i just try to shorten the whole story but my aim of posting this is to know whether is it good to convince people to invest or not..

At this point something came into my mind of sharing here to let people know whether is good to convince people to venture into bitcoin investment or not.
Now, before doing whatever you think is right of doing, try as much as possible not to convince anyone to invest into bitcoin, as it may be people don't always think of disadvantages rather, they are being carried away with positive sides of the talk without knowing the side effects of the bear market.
You can go teach whomever that you wishes to teach, give them reason why they should invest and the other reason why they shouldn't invest if their heart is not yet ready, and let it be they are ready to accept all lost that may arose or arise at any given point than just convincing them to invest without detailing it properly to them in as much as we want a max adoption, also try your very possible best to abstain yourself from being tag and called scammer or a fraudster. Always wait for their feedback and willingness before you could just tell them to start buying bitcoin or holding bitcoin.

Do not convince anyone rather, give them the reasons and benefits of holding bitcoin which includes the advantages and disadvantages, reason because your understanding towards bitcoin and digital money, innovation aren't the same with those who are not mentally developed.

The floor is open for everyone to discuss about their thought and feelings towards this.
Note; I don't intend to discourage anyone from spreading the max adoption of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies at larg.
Pages:
Jump to: