Pages:
Author

Topic: Let's Build a Town, Bitcoin Town - page 4. (Read 18123 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
June 05, 2013, 04:33:20 PM
not bad looking EarthShips, owning the best looking / functioning earthship in bitcoin town, is probably going to be a good investment  Cheesy

I never understood the desire to put all of those cans into the walls of Earthships. They have the potential to be beautiful, and not look literally like garbage.
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
June 05, 2013, 02:09:20 PM
ontoguzzi,

Good deal you say, we would need a military Army, Navy, Air Force to keep the US or any nation from taking us over calling us Terrorists for not participating in the fiat world  Wink
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
June 05, 2013, 01:56:12 PM
I like the idea, but living on ships might be too costly.

Maybe we could pool the money and buy the whole country of Nauru Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru

Country is broke...we might get a good deal Smiley
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
June 05, 2013, 10:29:01 AM
Why do we even have to have Bitcoin Town on land? All land belongs to somebdy.

Why not buy a cruise ship instead? Or one of those seasteading projects?

Before anything. The main thing an new town requires is food, then maybe shelter, although food is the priority.

Thing is, I find it really interesting to see the contrast of requiring high-speed internet, as well as farms for food.

Fahmeed Farooq
Activity: 205
Cheif Oompa Loompa.
June 05, 2013, 05:28:45 AM
why a place like NM? how about someplace like this? big plots of land are cheap http://www.hawaiilife.com/mls1/big+island/-tlnd-b4/231304 or this

http://www.hawaiilife.com/mls/251752/
or
http://www.hawaiilife.com/mls/251743/

many acres for a bitcoin town, can grow things all year around. never freeze to death.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
The way of the future...
June 04, 2013, 01:10:30 PM
Fuck the US. why don't we just start a squatters town in BC Canada on Crown Land? England doesn't use or need that land and if someone doesn't develop it, it will be lost to the oil and gas industry. The town could start out small. Like a handful of people starting a farm. Most aspects including government, economics, social infrastructure etc. would have to be discussed locally and decisions could not be made until the town was established and people were actively contributing. There is TONS of water in BC. The land is fertile. Operate under common law, and if disagreements ensued, which they probably will. People will be free to start their own squatter's town.

Something like this does not need to be some giant project that costs a lot of $$$. Think about how long it took BTC to get as big as it has, which is still relatively small. And how small it was when it began. A BTC town will take a while but a GREAT idea nonetheless. As members of the community i think we should continue to keep an open mind about this and the possibilities involved.

Thanks OP for the post.
Activity: 182
order in numbers
June 04, 2013, 01:05:59 PM

The whole part about neurogenesis is pretty strange though. Why are you focusing on that as one of the first issues? Also, your list of supplements isn't very well thought out to begin with (I'm actually finishing a bachelors in Neuroscience, and about to start applying to PhD programs).

Activity: 182
order in numbers
June 04, 2013, 12:44:56 PM
This is probably illegal, and if not, it will be.

Despite this (more like in spite), I think it's an awesome idea, and ultimately the most powerful means for establishing a free society (maybe I'm getting a little carried away?). More people should get involved. I'll send this thread to everyone I know who'd be interested.

Cheers!

Activity: 323
Merit: 250
June 04, 2013, 11:59:04 AM
I stopped reading when i saw this at the start of your post:

"Due to recent happenings. Bitcoin town will work to protect, promote & repair the mental health of any willing citizens:"

Why are you talking about details that have nothing to do with building/ organising a bitcoin town?
I am completely uninterested in any 3rd party that feels the need to "repair my mental health", and i don't think that should be the primary focus of anyone that wants to start a "bitcoin" town.

If you are serious about this, start with general plans about your economy, what special measures you would take to make your town bitcoin friendly and look for a bunch of people that are interested in the idea. Hell, even the shape of the houses you will be building is not important at the moment. Not everyone wants to live in a house made of tyres and glass bottles. Personally, i wouldn't mind, but by mentioning that completely irrelevant detail, you scare away half of your readers.

Start with the basics, build a community and evaluate your options. Once you got enough people that are commited to the project, you can start discussing the details, not the other way around.

Nice idea, Sloppy execution. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
June 04, 2013, 11:14:44 AM
not bad looking EarthShips, owning the best looking / functioning earthship in bitcoin town, is probably going to be a good investment  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
June 04, 2013, 10:59:20 AM
CO is the LAST PLACE ON EARTH I would want to move...for various and sundry reasons.  Look at what the state government has recently passed if you don't already know.

A town of 200 isn't going to cut it, period.  It's going to be far larger than that and 600 acres isn't a dent in what you are going to need.  You're going to need 5-6000 MOTIVATED people to give the finger to the US/State government and pull a Galt's Gulch (read Atlas Shrugged) to pull this off, minimum and doing it all via bitcoin isn't going to work unless they were ALL early adopters or were independently wealthy to start with.

Sorry, again, not a troll but trying to give you an idea of what REALLY needs to be done to make this happen.  Even the earth architecture takes non-recyclables that cost a LOT of...something to get going.

Maybe the OP doesn't, but the Free State Project already exists in NH, and has made a big difference.

I think a small town in the San Juan mountains of Colorado would be a great place to do a "western FSP".
Activity: 381
Merit: 274
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
June 04, 2013, 08:24:46 AM
I am not sure I understood that post but ...I 'd love to be a Hobbit  like you!!!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 03, 2013, 04:56:16 PM
CO is the LAST PLACE ON EARTH I would want to move...for various and sundry reasons.  Look at what the state government has recently passed if you don't already know.

A town of 200 isn't going to cut it, period.  It's going to be far larger than that and 600 acres isn't a dent in what you are going to need.  You're going to need 5-6000 MOTIVATED people to give the finger to the US/State government and pull a Galt's Gulch (read Atlas Shrugged) to pull this off, minimum and doing it all via bitcoin isn't going to work unless they were ALL early adopters or were independently wealthy to start with.

Sorry, again, not a troll but trying to give you an idea of what REALLY needs to be done to make this happen.  Even the earth architecture takes non-recyclables that cost a LOT of...something to get going.
Activity: 700
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
June 03, 2013, 04:37:57 PM
What is the free state project?

proof you don't have a clue about fundamentals required, or gone deeper into research apart from page one google searches of final designs for buildings. its good you show final design eco houses but you have no clue about land permits, laws, utility company, sewerage requirements of a town.

this is not a troll, you just hate seeing everyone see through your lack of credibility and think ignoring people and starting a new thread will somehow make people believe you more.

200 scientists this time concentrating on Neurogenesis and Synaptogenesis research. last time it was 200 creative people like entrepreneurs, writers, artists, programmers.

still ignoring the fundamentals of requiring shop workers, chef's for your restaurant.. oops i mean fast food establishment... oops i mean cyber cafe..

repairmen, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, construction workers, police, lawyers, judges, teachers.

oh and if 200 are now scientists instead of creative people.. that is still the personality type not desiring manual labour. so don't pull the wool over peoples eyes that the 200 people will do it all themselves. as they have their own scientific interests that come first.

stop brain farting wet dreams. and stand away from the computer for just one day. and construct your idea's from behind the scenes of the fundamentals.. and stop spouting out the glittering neon signs of the final design.

many have told you about freestate project before yet you ignore it.

We would have a town government

now the utopian dream of last week of a free town is now just another town like all the rest

You make some great points.

The energy and excitement is all very good for driving the project but as frank1 points out, it's missing a lot of social, economic and legal sophistication suggesting a degree of naivety.

If you built a team of people to support your project you'd get much further.

Maybe a lawyer, a sociologist, an architect, nutritionist, a farmer etc.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
June 03, 2013, 04:29:51 PM
What is the free state project?

proof you don't have a clue about fundamentals required, or gone deeper into research apart from page one google searches of final designs for buildings. its good you show final design eco houses but you have no clue about land permits, laws, utility company, sewerage requirements of a town.

this is not a troll, you just hate seeing everyone see through your lack of credibility and think ignoring people and starting a new thread will somehow make people believe you more.

200 scientists this time concentrating on Neurogenesis and Synaptogenesis research. last time it was 200 creative people like entrepreneurs, writers, artists, programmers.

still ignoring the fundamentals of requiring shop workers, chef's for your restaurant.. oops i mean fast food establishment... oops i mean cyber cafe..

repairmen, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, construction workers, police, lawyers, judges, teachers.

oh and if 200 are now scientists instead of creative people.. that is still the personality type not desiring manual labour. so don't pull the wool over peoples eyes that the 200 people will do it all themselves. as they have their own scientific interests that come first.

stop brain farting wet dreams. and stand away from the computer for just one day. and construct your idea's from behind the scenes of the fundamentals.. and stop spouting out the glittering neon signs of the final design.

many have told you about freestate project before yet you ignore it.

We would have a town government

now the utopian dream of last week of a free town is now just another town like all the rest
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
June 03, 2013, 04:28:20 PM
very cool and interesting CO would be nice!
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
June 03, 2013, 04:04:08 PM
Move this all to TX or CO and i'm in ^_^
Activity: 196
June 03, 2013, 03:21:20 PM
Cool, very pretty. Unfortunately I'm in Blighty so I doubt if I'll get a visa to come and live there. Best of luck anyways!
Activity: 196
Google/YouTube
June 03, 2013, 02:20:03 PM
Here is the free state project and 101 Reasons Why you should Move to New Hampshire

http://freestateproject.org/101Reasons

who would handle the funds? and will you take bitcoin for the project?

We would have a town government to handle any necessary funds, but everything gets voted on my everyone. And yes bitcoin would be accepted.
Activity: 577
June 03, 2013, 01:05:05 PM
Here is the free state project and 101 Reasons Why you should Move to New Hampshire

http://freestateproject.org/101Reasons

who would handle the funds? and will you take bitcoin for the project?
Pages:
Jump to: