Pages:
Author

Topic: Let's Cure Cancer, Solve World Hunger, Help Africa & Discover Some New Species - page 2. (Read 2140 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
The only other 2 things in the entire world that really need to be done, is:

1. The Abolition of the Private Vatican (not its traditions, just its secrecy), with a new democratic policy. Meaning every catholic bishops and cardinals, in EVERY country has their masses vote. Then a new pope is chosen. This will firstly open up the Vatican's ranks to the world, secondly it will make it where the people get to choose where the money they donate is going (not directly, but at least by representative).

This would also lead to a revolution in the church around the rest of the world, which means we will be electing priests and cardinals in our own towns eventually.

2. Abolition of the Royal family (not the traditions, just the bloodline). We need more marriages like Kate, where REGULAR people join the family. First off, I can't believe they just inbreed within their 300 families. 2nd, they have tons of money and make more every day, that doesn't need to be kept away from the people of the UK, let alone the people of the world.
Google/YouTube

2. World Hunger- GMOs are hated on like they are straight up poisons, all GMO means is "Genetically Modified Organism", which can range anywhere from a plants genetics being manipulated to produce more seed or fruit, to splicing the DNA of a jelly-fish into the genes of a pig. While it is true we shouldn't be putting corn on the market that has jelly fish DNA, or that produce their own pesticides. It is also true that if used properly, GMOs could solve the worlds food shortage, and actually give us a surplus.

Unfortunately Monsanto does not care about world hunger. They treat the people of developing countries like shit. If they're not screwing them out of money or food they're straight up gassing them.

3. Help Africa- We need to write history books, philosophy books and more that AREN'T meant for 1st world English students. Then we can begin to educate the world about itself. I am friends with a Nigerian who works for the government, and he said he never took a history class his entire educative career.
I was watching an idiot abroad, and it only costs around $700 to build a little house for a family in Africa... I don't see why it's not solved yet.

There's more than enough wealth for the people of Africa. The problem is getting people to invest. Unfortunately we're stuck in a vicious cycle: People won't invest in Africa because many of the countries there are unstable, but there's no possibility for stability when African economies have no investors. Luckily it seems as though China is starting to take an interest. Hopefully their efforts will allow economies there to grow and this will end some of the chaos.

If Monsanto doesn't care about world hunger, then it is the job of the people who research GMOs to work towards doing good things, and supporting good GMO producers.

You can't just come in and say "Monsanto" and suddenly I'm wrong.

MORE THAN ENOUGH WEALTH FOR THE PEOPLE IN AFRICA, that's a fucking joke.

2. World Hunger- GMOs are hated on like they are straight up poisons, all GMO means is "Genetically Modified Organism", which can range anywhere from a plants genetics being manipulated to produce more seed or fruit, to splicing the DNA of a jelly-fish into the genes of a pig. While it is true we shouldn't be putting corn on the market that has jelly fish DNA, or that produce their own pesticides. It is also true that if used properly, GMOs could solve the worlds food shortage, and actually give us a surplus.

Unfortunately Monsanto does not care about world hunger. They treat the people of developing countries like shit. If they're not screwing them out of money or food they're straight up gassing them.

3. Help Africa- We need to write history books, philosophy books and more that AREN'T meant for 1st world English students. Then we can begin to educate the world about itself. I am friends with a Nigerian who works for the government, and he said he never took a history class his entire educative career.
I was watching an idiot abroad, and it only costs around $700 to build a little house for a family in Africa... I don't see why it's not solved yet.

There's more than enough wealth for the people of Africa. The problem is getting people to invest. Unfortunately we're stuck in a vicious cycle: People won't invest in Africa because many of the countries there are unstable, but there's no possibility for stability when African economies have no investors. Luckily it seems as though China is starting to take an interest. Hopefully their efforts will allow economies there to grow and this will end some of the chaos.
Google/YouTube
1. Cancer- More Cannabis research, as well as testing out new things. Many Cancer patients are told that they are inoperable, and that treatment is helpless. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find cancer patients to test new rainforest plants and research chemical effects on their cancer, as long as regular human tests were done first.

4. Discovering New Species- This goes hand in hand with Africa, World Hunger AND Cancer research. The Rainforests of the world need to be searched for new species of plants for cancer research, as well as new species that may be able to be bred with or spliced into the plants we currently use to make them have higher yields or more/less seeds, which in turn helps world hunger.
Pages:
Jump to: