Pages:
Author

Topic: Let's Keep It Crypto - page 2. (Read 264 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 17
EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I
March 17, 2018, 08:48:11 PM
Governments and banks want different blockchains. Blockchains that'd make Orwell cry in a corner. Sure we'll get government issues cryptocurrencies: CRYPTOFIAT. All your transactions will be traced, monitored and taxed automatically.

Of course, they'll make exceptions for certain individuals...

Man... That is one dark idea... Hope that it never comes to this. What would we do if things come to this? This is why everybody should abandon Ripple, they are taking banks in to cryptocurrencies and introduing them the blockchain technology. If things will become like this, Ripple will be responsible.

Ripple is insignificant and will also go to 0. Governments will create their own closed sourced blockchains.

Cryptofiat is already happening.

https://decentralize.today/the-rise-of-cryptofiat-860cc8a2453b

We'll move into a cashless panopticon Big Brother society. Your subconscious will always be aware everything you earn and spend will be seen by government eyes.

Maybe it's not so bad for the next generation. I mean, a whole generation grew up not having lived the world before Facebook and Google. And they're fine with those companies knowing more about them than themselves. They don't hate them, they embrace them!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
March 17, 2018, 08:39:09 PM
Governments and banks want different blockchains. Blockchains that'd make Orwell cry in a corner. Sure we'll get government issues cryptocurrencies: CRYPTOFIAT. All your transactions will be traced, monitored and taxed automatically.

Man... That is one dark idea... Hope that it never comes to this. What would we do if things come to this? This is why everybody should abandon Ripple, they are taking banks in to cryptocurrencies and introduing them the blockchain technology. If things will become like this, Ripple will be responsible.
Activity: 196
Merit: 17
EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I
March 17, 2018, 08:34:42 PM

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
March 17, 2018, 08:26:03 PM
As much as I want to be a law abiding citizen, pay my taxes, support my nation, etc... I also want crytpocurrency to remain a lot like it is now.  Sure, I don't want to see Billion dollar digital heists but I also don't care to see banks call the shots on how cryptocurrency is perceived.

I guess when the red squiggly line under cryptocurrency goes away the party will truly be over.  For now, cryptocurrency still isn't even recognized as a word by chrome spellcheck.  I hope it stays that way forever.
Pages:
Jump to: