Pages:
Author

Topic: LETS KICK OUT POVERTY USING BITCOIN - page 6. (Read 1366 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 259
October 20, 2018, 08:24:30 AM
I can see that you have got huge fire of the bitcoin in you and you want to like change the world with it but lets be calm and discuss some cons that may arise within the crypto use which cant really achieve our dream. At least not today or until there are some big modifications comes to the crypto.
Well, first thing is bitcoin is completely pseudo-anonymous and thus it is clearing out the thing that it cant be used anti-courrupt coin. It is still used for the corruption of many organisations which use it. It still carries unidentified tags with it no matter what. There is no way it can be used in the government system or it will take huge infra to do that. The money will flow unidirectional always and thus might just reduce the potential to overcome poverty and stuff like that.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 20, 2018, 08:14:43 AM
First this first, bitcoin can never remove any kind of poverty from a society. Poverty will exist as long as there are different class of people. If everyone becomes the same class, everything will come to a halt.

-Corruption
Corruption occurs when a system lacks transparency and efficiency. Bitcoin uses a decentralized peer-to-peer transaction system where every transaction is recorded in the system and no transaction can be made without being verified by the mediator (miners). Blockchain consists of an ongoing chain of blocks that act as ledgers for every transaction. These blocks are there for ever. The records can never be deleted or tempered. This process ensures transparency and enhances reliability.
Corruption will still exist even if bitcoins or any other crypto currency is used. We need to change the people in order to remove corruption, not the financial system. Though it will help us to minimize the corruption to some extent.

-Financial Exclusion
Financial institutes, specifically banks,  at present provide a lot of useful services but with high interest rates. These services then become meaningless or unattainable for the middle class people and impossible to avail for the poorer. Hence the poor are never able to attain any of the banking or financial services due to high rates of interest. Bitcoin has a solution to this as well. Bitcoin do not require you to pay any high interests or transaction fees to avail financial services. You simply join in and have a software wallet (or any other as there a number of different wallets to keep your money). You just need to pay a very little fee on transactions otherwise no charges. Hence poor people are not excluded from the system.
Not sure what do you mean by this. You are saying they provide "useful services". What kind of services do you mean? Is it the loans you are talking about? Then how is bitcoin going to help in this case? If someone lends you bitcoin, they will be looking for interest for their own profit. The price fluctuation might also mess up everything between the lender and the borrower.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
October 20, 2018, 06:47:22 AM
Bitcoin to me is getting elitist by the day and getting out of the reach of the poor enough to change their lives. So for me it's hard to attempt to kick out poverty using Bitcoin, except of course you were referring to other crypto assets which are still relatively cheap in price as compared to other. Those can easily be bought and money easily made off them
Well, if that is the case, which is because the poor really are their own cause of their predicament. It is their own choice to make and if just the simple idea of having some knowledge to be able to know that no matter what they are putting in now, it is for the future, or at least, have some knowledge of what makes the space ticks, then, they should blame no one when they are left out in the end.

Do you want to know what makes the difference between the poor and the rich ? Opportunity and the usage of the opportunity for the better good.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
October 20, 2018, 06:37:52 AM
Bitcoin is a big help for everyone, it can solve a financial problem of ones life but not to kick out poverty. Even if bitcoin is there if corruption and other cause if poverty is always active it cannot solve poverty. Both government and people  has the responsibility to have soloution in poverty.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
Look ARROUND!
October 20, 2018, 06:22:43 AM
Bitcoin isn't created to solved the government problems but a solution to give a better services to buy goods and pay services in a most convenient way. People should don't depend much more in it because this isn't the solution to solve the issue. It's up to the Government and this technology is just another tool which we can make earnings in different way.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
October 20, 2018, 06:10:22 AM
Bitcoin cant just kick out poverty because poverty is already staple in our society .  poverty is a part of human nature .

Can you imagine if all people are rich ? Who will be working on our house ? Who will be working to give us a food ?  So you get my point ?

Bitcoin is only an instrument in order to make our lives easier and it somehow provide a small benefits but thats all it can do .
Activity: 216
Merit: 17
Xircus
October 20, 2018, 05:35:29 AM
Yes it is not impossible to make our world better by using cryptocurrency in good ways,.so lets all be helping out each other for us to reach the fortune we wanted to be.,we must support and hopefully our governments will support also for and do their ways in improving more for the better.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
October 20, 2018, 04:18:07 AM
It is not possible by using the bitcoin because it is form of currency so it has nothing to reduce the poverty but it maybe helpful in somewhat reducing the tax pays to the individuals so it can make the people to save more money than before but poor people are not supposed to pay huge taxes so it won't make any changes in their kicking out of poverty from this world.Eve though it maybe possible the whales don't let that happen because they will keep earning money from others losses.
copper member
Activity: 110
Merit: 60
October 20, 2018, 03:34:08 AM
I love the idea of kicking out poverty. But the whole reason in poverty is because  spend more than they can hodl. Giving a spendable thing to people that are in a hole, isnt a solution to poverty, unless we plan on locking the funds up on their behalf via some smart system protocols allowing the funds to become what they will be worth. The solution.

We can get out in poverty in many ways, and that would depend into our choice. And its all coming by a chance
that bitcoin can resolve our situation in poverty in terms of money or financials problem. There are many reason also why we faced poverty and I don't
want to mention one by one, for what matter most important now is that we have bitcoin to give a remedy about it.
Activity: 980
Merit: 523
October 20, 2018, 03:33:33 AM
bitcoin can indeed be the best solution for the country to avoid hyperinflation. but for corruption, I cannot guarantee that. because everyone can still do conspiracy, unless bitcoin remains decentralized.
Do not deceive yourself. There are so many things that make up a country being hyper inflated and a lot of it has to do with the economy and a bad one. Bitcoin will not kick poverty when people are uneducated, when a country is solely dependent and cannot make anything on their own, industrialization is zero and then in such cases, some few ones will just keep ripping off the lower chains.

Bitcoin is not just some magic wand that would make corruption or poverty go away and at the end of the day, it would just be very few who will be early adopters anyway, so what is the catch when we get to the laggard phase that most poor people are usually known to find themselves.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
October 20, 2018, 02:33:18 AM
actually everything depends on us as a bitcoin user, we will use what bitcoin we have whether it will produce something positive or vice versa, if we use it wisely, good and right, it is not impossible to reduce poverty and prevent acts of corruption and can also prevent high price increases due to transparent transactions, unlimited time and amount of space and low transaction costs even close to zero
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
October 20, 2018, 01:58:44 AM
Stating the advantages with out the disadvantages is quite misleading although I am a cryptocurrency enthusiast I still believe that you need to know more about bitcoin you are just stating already known fact.

Then we must encourage everyone bu giving them the knowledge they need to know. Forcme bitcoin will have a great count in eliminating the poverty today. This will give jobs to the unemployed and also add spice to the economy. This will surely happens with enough understanding to the said market.
Activity: 94
Merit: 2
October 20, 2018, 01:44:26 AM
That may not be possible very easily. People who have a great amount of fiat currency are sure to get a lot of bitcoin. But for the poor it's completely different,which is a difficult thing to change.

I think bitcoin has hug power to kick out poverty. Bitcoins provide some way where people are earn free money without wasting any time. This forum itself a big source of income where anyone can make money with there hands.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
October 18, 2018, 09:45:13 PM
bitcoin can indeed be the best solution for the country to avoid hyperinflation. but for corruption, I cannot guarantee that. because everyone can still do conspiracy, unless bitcoin remains decentralized.
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
October 16, 2018, 09:05:33 AM
Bitcoin to me is getting elitist by the day and getting out of the reach of the poor enough to change their lives. So for me it's hard to attempt to kick out poverty using Bitcoin, except of course you were referring to other crypto assets which are still relatively cheap in price as compared to other. Those can easily be bought and money easily made off them
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 16, 2018, 05:51:46 AM
The best part of bitcoin is that it doesn't stop anyone from utilizing it,  like internet or a radio. It has no limitations to its implementation.
Bitcoin could induce a lot of changes in the world and charity is just one of them.
If you think at a blockchain level you can use blockchain to build a charity around it to see what goes where, if you build a chain that people could donate to a charity and watch what happens to their donation it is a great idea.

If the charity is not collecting the cash for themselves or actually a scam charity than there is no trouble for them neither. They only have to get the cash and spend the cash on whatever was promised and everyone around the world could watch them do it via the blockchain system they implemented.

This creates a great trust for that charity and it could really help people donate more considering there is a lot of people who do not donate because they do not trust the charity will spend that money on the unfortunate and just think they get the money for themselves.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
October 15, 2018, 10:06:39 AM
Yeah let’s get rich with Bitcoin but lets not forget the fact that it will also make you poor. Considering it is one of the most dangerous investment due to its volatility, probably not the best investment to go all-in. In my opinion its not for everybody at the moment but only for people who has knowledge about the technology, its a gamble to get involved in the space but I see the future and path is clear that this industry will succeed for long term.
for those who have not been able to invest, can join the campaign program, and it can make money too. in absence of risk, you can trade, and i think economic life will be better
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
October 15, 2018, 09:11:31 AM
How people expect that bitcoin is going to be obtained for those that have barely enough to survive? In the best case scenario bitcoin is going to put a stop to several practices when it comes to stealing from the people through inflation and over the long term that could help the economy of the people but nothing more.
If Bitcoin at some point in the future becomes just as dominant as fiat in terms of local currency functionality, people no longer need to use fiat and no longer need to see Bitcoin as an investment tool.

It might not sound all that realistic right now, but we've seen how people in economically weaker countries are more likely to adapt Bitcoin than to keep using that what they had for years but isn't working properly.

Lightning is perfect for that. It provides insanely cheap and fast transactions, and that's exactly how money should function. Bitcoin has always been money, people tend to forget that due to their greed.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
October 15, 2018, 07:49:03 AM
And another chapter where BTC plays as the Holy Grail

Inflation occurs when fiat notes are floated in the market but are not backed up by value. Hence hyper inflation is when the prices increase to an uncontrollable level. Bitcoin are limited in number.

No, it doesn't occur like that, inflation happens where there is either too much fiat and too little goods and services or when production of those and viability goes down. Hyperinflation in Venezuela, for example, is not fueled only by money printing but also by the lack of goods and raising demands for them. An economy in BTC will not be protected by this later scenario.

-Corruption
Corruption occurs when a system lacks transparency and efficiency. Bitcoin uses a decentralized peer-to-peer transaction system where every transaction is recorded in the system and no transaction can be made without being verified by the mediator (miners). Blockchain consists of an ongoing chain of blocks that act as ledgers for every transaction. These blocks are there for ever. The records can never be deleted or tempered. This process ensures transparency and enhances reliability.

Transparecy? Hilarious.
Right now you can still catch those guys by following the money trail, with BTC that is gone.

If I were a corrupt official I would ask the guy handing me the cryptos to come to my office and I will have a QR code on my desk. I will point at it and say nothing. The police can raid my office, can control all my accounts, can do whatever they want they will not be able to link me to the BTC that guy sent. Good luck fighting corruption this way.

-Financial Exclusion
Financial institutes, specifically banks,  at present provide a lot of useful services but with high interest rates. ......

In some countries...
Inflation rate here is below 2%, the interest rate on my mortgage is 2.8%,  I pay 1 euro for account maintenance, e-banking and I have unlimited free withdrawals at any ATM (also at the ones not owned by my bank) and free and instant account transfers if the account is at the same bank.

Besides, I'm really interested in how you will get a loan with bitcoin only. You will still need somebody to lend you, pay interest rates, ....oh..something like a bank!
Have you checked the interest rates that are offered in the lending section?
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
October 15, 2018, 06:37:47 AM
I would like to differ on some points. Currently BTC sits at a little over $6.5k. These days mining costs a lot and you must have that affordability to own a mine. A lot of people around the globe live under extreme proverty and investment in the market is plain luxury they can't afford. Crypto has brought changes in so many of our lives but it is yet to bring any in them who are extremely poor.

The problem is this that poor people are unaware of cryptocurrency and not for them. If you think that we can help poorer through bitcoin, it will be just a joke. If you really want to help the poorer then why with bitcoin. Why you not help them in your local currency. If you think that the economic conditions of a country would be better with the use of bitcoin, you may be right but it is not beneficial for poorer.

The best part of bitcoin is that it doesn't stop anyone from utilizing it,  like internet or a radio. It has no limitations to its implementation.

I know you're positiveness and optimism on how to solve out poverty but I would say that Bitcoin wont really be enough.Why? due to resources on making people aware on its existence.For people who do have the idea or knowledge then it would be an advantage but mostly aren't capable. Those points above are indeed true but wont really be applied if the user itself wont able to utilize such feature.
I totally agree with you. Bitcoin is not enough for reducing poverty of a country. There are many reasons and the big reason is that if we prevail biotin in the world poor people would not be able to take advantage of it.
Pages:
Jump to: