Pages:
Author

Topic: Let's talk about emotions - page 2. (Read 243 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 653
September 18, 2023, 06:35:06 AM
Not everyone might like to talk on emotions  but let's  know that both investment and trading  get emotions to deal with.

So the question is are we to worry about emotions not in trading now but in investment because  investment could get to some point and we will......... you understand.
First of all, you need to understand that it is our emotions that drive our actions, and as such, emotion is one thing that can never be over-emphasized when it comes to both in trading and investments, as the two has to do with both money & taking risk, and primarily, the main reason why people always scared of the fear of the unknown, in other not to lose the little fund they may have gathered over time. But that doesn't mean it's abnormal to be afraid in either of the two.
Activity: 392
Merit: 236
Bitcoin in Niger State💯
September 18, 2023, 01:38:24 AM
According to a popular quote by one of our modern billionaires, he said: if you cannot control your emotions, you cannot control your money. So before you go jump enter any investment for life, make you don understand the calculated risks wey dey inside and how you fit control your emotions with the market trends. I don see situations wey person don carry money put for better investment, but even though the investment was supposed to perform excellently, him use fear withdraw am back. All na because say we dey allow our emotions dey take decisions for us most at times.

But the thing be say investment na one concrete part of business and how emotions fit becloud our judgments on top the investments. Wetin I feel say e dey cause am most of the time na lack of deep knowledge and experience on wetin u wan invest on. Na why I go advise you say, e dey very important make u take decisions based on research, facts, analysis of how the market flows and not by the emotions wey dey drive you at that time.

And since emotion don turn part of human nature, then it is better to keep your emotion impulse in check and focus on the investment with a clean and clear mind.
Activity: 266
Merit: 119
Keep Promises !
September 17, 2023, 05:09:41 PM

I posted a thread recently  in the trading and investment

There is no investment board on this forum. There is trading discussion, and speculation board.

Yeah that's true I made a mistake, thanks for the  notice.
Before you invest on altcoin, make sure you make research about it. But know that altcoin can fail at anytime. Nobody knows that the old Luna and UST will become a failed project that are trying to revive themselves.
Seriously I think this hit me so hard. I had my experience  investing in XML (stellar) promising then now it's down to the extent that all my funds are just gone .

I never did research  and I fell in for it although, that was my first investment ,funny enough have checked last it's been over a year on Hotbit but I still check the prices rise and falls it funny though not even to 0.0 lol.

Then I had a friend who invested into Shiba when it was still a shirtcoin van say now though , he made some cash from it due to the pump and there I was struggling with stellar lumen drawing backwards  like a car at the peak of a slopes road without break .

So I dea hers is research,if I've made research then it wouldn't have been a loss
Activity: 406
Merit: 360
September 17, 2023, 01:33:29 PM
OP, since you are talking about emotions in investment, this is a normal thing, and this is the reason why you must have a concrete knowledge on what you want to invest in so that this can help you control your emotion. When it comes to bitcoin investment, if you invest in a long term, this will help you control your emotion if bitcoin price is dumping or pumping because you are already prepared for it. Because you are not expecting profit so soon. If you invest in a short term this is when you will be worried about any slight change in the price because you are allowing the price to have effect on your emotion and before you know it, if bitcoin price goes lower than the price that you bought it, you might panic and sell due to FOMO. That is why the forum will advise to only use money that you can afford to lose when you want to invest.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
September 17, 2023, 12:14:36 PM
I posted a thread recently  in the trading and investment , however, I thought  of bringing this to the local group I wan hear  opinion from my brothers I got some replies both negative and  positive  though and I wan make we discuss. Not everyone might like to talk on emotions  but let's  know that both investment and trading  get emotions to deal with 
There is a saying that where your money is, your mind will be there. This mean that so long as your money is committed to it, be it trading or investment,  your emotion will be involved. So, it is not bad when your emotion is activated whenever you place a trade or make an investment.  The art of managing these emotions is what shows how psyologically prepared you are.

So the question is are we to worry about emotions not in trading now but in investment because  investment could get to some point and we will......... you understand.
You are not expected to be worried that emotions is involved in trading and investment because poor emotional deposition is itself a form of worry. What I usually advice is that while seeking trading and investment skills, also seek psychological skills because trading and investment is 30% skills and 70% psychology. This is the unwritten rules that every success trader and investor follows.

As a guide, the following steps will help:
1. Only invest what you can afford to lose
2. Before investing or opening the trade, determine your risk exposure and your profit target
3. You must have a trading or investment plan because planning eliminates a lot of mistakes
4. Be open minded and keep room for alternative possibilities so that you don't hold on to a bad trade or bad investment beyond when you should.

There are more but I believe you should have gotten an idea of the point I'm making.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
September 17, 2023, 11:59:39 AM
I posted a thread recently  in the trading and investment
There is no investment board on this forum. There is trading discussion, and speculation board.

So the question is are we to worry about emotions not in trading now but in investment because  investment could get to some point and we will......... you understand.
If it is bitcoin. 1 BTC equals 1 BTC and any loss will only be an unrealized loss. Just be patient, the unrealized loss will become profit as bitcoin will increase in price later. If you go through bitcoin price history, you will see how bitcoin has been increasing to all-time-high.

If it is altcoin. There are over 25000 altcoins. Many of the altcoins are shitcoins. Before you invest on altcoin, make sure you make research about it. But know that altcoin can fail at anytime. Nobody knows that the old Luna and UST will become a failed project that are trying to revive themselves. I do not even think UST will ever become $1 again. Consider altcoins as gambling and many of them will not get to all-time-high.
Activity: 266
Merit: 119
Keep Promises !
September 17, 2023, 11:48:19 AM
I posted a thread recently  in the trading discussion, however, I thought  of bringing this to the local group I wan hear  opinion from my brothers I got some replies both negative and  positive  though and I wan make we discuss. Not everyone might like to talk on emotions  but let's  know that both investment and trading  get emotions to deal with  .

So the question is are we to worry about emotions not in trading now but in investment because  investment could get to some point and we will......... you understand.

I want everyone to flow with this thread , no diving deeper into investment that much in your replies please

Pages:
Jump to: