Pages:
Author

Topic: Lets think Bitcoin as an investment not payment system, is this right? - page 3. (Read 474 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
Considering my environment, bitcoin will also be seen more as an investment than payment because till now it can only be accepted by very few people who knows its value & deals with it, I believe when bitcoin values gets better, the more people get to use and trust it, the more they will believe in it and accept it in payment.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
100% agree,first everybody wants btc go to $20k usd as soon as moment.
for the moment,Most traders are arbitrage through BTC. In the whole society, the liquidity of BTC is not ideal.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 6006
bitcoindata.science
This might be the reason why China was one of the biggest percentage average of having a bitcoin mining farm.
all over the world, What's your view about this thought? Smiley

No, this is not the reason China became a mining farm. The reason mostly economic.

In China they have the cheapest energy in the world.

Mining farms are also located near hydroelectric dams, where energy is even cheaper than that cost on the graphic (which is an average)
Activity: 617
Merit: 251
I believe bitcoin can be a form of investment, because China has its very volatile currency, perhaps bitcoin is a way that the Chinese feel good about investing,  the Chinese invest in currency, was even one of the reasons. For which the currency has grown so much, the currency needs new investors with big projects, 2020 can be a promising year. Shocked
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
I don't think there's a point discussing this further. Bitcoin simply can be both an investment and a for-payments, and a SoV. It's just the case that most of the chinese people love money. Even most of the chinese people in the Philippines are like that, whereas they'd be interested in almost anything as long as it can make them money in the end.

Also, in a positive note, what if some of the chinese people look at bitcoin as an investment because they actually think it will be used as both a SoV and for-payments in the future? Look at the bright side! Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1268
Life's but a walking shadow!
Whichever way one chooses to use it, is totally dependent on that particular person and as long as its used whether for payment or investment, it still remains a fact that it's the bitcoin being used and popularised.
No one should make us feel nor lay claim to one being more superior than the other, it's your coins, you decide what to with it, I and so many other people use it for both reasons(investment and payments)some just one, but it really doesn't change anything, it's popularity doesn't look like its running short, nor will it.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Bobby Lee — co-founder and former CEO of China's first crypto exchange BTCC — says the Chinese have always thought of Bitcoin as an investment rather than a payment system.

Lee made his remarks during an interview for Charlie Shrem’s Untold Stories podcast on Sept. 18.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bobby-lee-chinese-always-saw-bitcoin-as-investment-not-for-payments

- In accordance to what Bobby Lee said, it is indeed that China thought of bitcoin as an investment.
This might be the reason why China was one of the biggest percentage average of having a bitcoin mining farm.

If the Chinese government again provokes citizens to a rally, then I think the Chinese will abandon the Yuan in protest and will use Bitcoin as a means of payment.
I dont think it is a bluff if the government come against bitcoin in your country, they have done it before and we know what they are capable of doing. As much as possible lets comply and not struggle with the law, with my experience over time they will relax the law to favour everyone. My believe is that bitcoin will attain every tender that is expected for currency and asset
Activity: 128
Merit: 2
Bobby Lee — co-founder and former CEO of China's first crypto exchange BTCC — says the Chinese have always thought of Bitcoin as an investment rather than a payment system.

Lee made his remarks during an interview for Charlie Shrem’s Untold Stories podcast on Sept. 18.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bobby-lee-chinese-always-saw-bitcoin-as-investment-not-for-payments

- In accordance to what Bobby Lee said, it is indeed that China thought of bitcoin as an investment.

The Chinese are mining to make a profit. They do not need to use Bitcoin as an alternative payment method, because all of China uses US dollars and yuan for this, and Bitcoin as an investment.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
Perhaps he was generalising, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  But whether he really believes he speaks for an entire nation (and a highly populous one to boot) or not is beside the point.  Everyone is free to transact however they choose.  If you want to use Bitcoin to make payments for real world goods and services, go for it.  If you want to speculate and try a bit of daytrading, that's cool too.  If you're holding until you retire, awesome.  Whatever you're doing, keep doing it.  It's not for others to tell you what's right or wrong, even if opinions are offered on the subject.

I personally think speculation is overrated, but if that's what people want, who am I to judge?  It's their personal wealth on the line, not mine.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
This was discussed in the past too. It can be both.
In the countries where inflation is big, people invest in more stable currencies. Bitcoin has limited supply, so indeed can be seen as an investment. But that doesn't stop it remain a coin that can be used very well for payments.
Activity: 113
Merit: 5

If the Chinese government again provokes citizens to a rally, then I think the Chinese will abandon the Yuan in protest and will use Bitcoin as a means of payment.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251

Pages:
Jump to: