Pages:
Author

Topic: Lets turn the moon into a giant world clock! - page 2. (Read 1056 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 20, 2014, 12:14:55 AM
for the most part the giant moon clock. i just cant ever see them using it as a clock ya know

I can understand that thinking...

How about BTC average price... Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
February 19, 2014, 11:29:02 PM
According to Einstein: "Imagination is better than intellect". Let people dream, maybe someday...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 19, 2014, 11:22:46 PM
Which thing... all of them?

Why would it never happen?

I am trying to create moon-jobs here... Give us a reason to go back up there and play...

They said the triple-baconater at Wendy's would never happen.. and it did! Now I am hungry...

for the most part the giant moon clock. i just cant ever see them using it as a clock ya know
February 19, 2014, 11:14:03 PM
Which thing... all of them?

Why would it never happen?

I am trying to create moon-jobs here... Give us a reason to go back up there and play...

They said the triple-baconater at Wendy's would never happen.. and it did! Now I am hungry...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 19, 2014, 10:58:04 PM
this will never happen just a fyi
February 19, 2014, 09:59:29 PM
Lets turn the moon into a giant world clock!

I was thinking that this could be done with a simple laser, from a satellite/satellites, orbiting the moon itself. (For the dark-spot.)

For the light spot, simple shadow-casting by solar-automated sheets of plywood/solar-panels would suffice for hours and minutes represented as numbers like a digital watch. (Since the same side of the moon always faces the earth, it would only have to be adjusted once every few hundred years as the moon slowly rotates away.)

I figure it would also have to be mirrored-time (digital representation), so those below the equator would not see it upside-down. GMT time, for simplicity.

Something to compliment my sun-dial, for the night-time, when my sun-dial is useless.

Any thoughts?

Oh and ditch this whole time-zone crap... Just one time, all the time... no daylight savings. Get up earlier, why burden us all with time-zones and DST adjustments twice a year. "Noon" and "Midnight" have been irrelevant since time was invented. It has no relevance anymore.

Oh, and lets paint the surface green or blue, to match the earth... I am tired of looking at that ugly grey color!

You'll never be able to say... Sorry I was late, I didn't know what time it was... (At night)

Don't worry, this will not hurt watch sales. (People still buy those things?)

Oh, the "atomic clock" signal that feeds GPS would be used for keeping it correct. No winding involved, or batteries to replace.
Pages:
Jump to: