Pages:
Author

Topic: LetsDice.com - Now with 500 BTC Jackpot! - page 5. (Read 10279 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
September 27, 2013, 04:10:52 AM
This thread will be used for discussion and announcements related to LetsDice.com. Anything private can be sent to me via email, [email protected]

Sept. 27th, 2013

After much deliberation, I've settled on a way to re-adjust the jackpot mechanics which I believe is fair and gives smaller players a better shot at winning. With the current minimum bet of 0.1 BTC to be eligible to win the jackpot, this favors whale bettors while leaving small time bettors hanging. At the same time, if the minimum eligible bet were too low, it would be too easy to make massive amounts of bets and win the jackpot, meaning the jackpot would never grow more than a few BTC in size.

The solution:

A bet of minimum 0.1 BTC, with lucky number xx.7777 will win 100% of the jackpot amount.
A bet of minimum 0.01 BTC, with lucky number xx.7777 will win 10% of the jackpot amount.
A bet of minimum 0.001 BTC, with lucky number xx.7777 will win 1% of the jackpot amount.

The jackpot currently sits at ~19 BTC. If someone were to win the jackpot while betting these minimums, regardless of how much they were betting they would still return 190x their bet amount.

I would also like to announce the creation of a 500 BTC Super-Jackpot (this is not funded by the site's bankroll, Nakowa has agreed to pay for this). In order to win the super-jackpot, one must roll the exact lucky number 55.5555. The super-jackpot will follow the same mechanics as the regular jackpot; that is, if Alice makes a bet of 0.001 BTC and rolls the lucky number 55.5555, she receives 1% of the super-jackpot, or 5 BTC.

edit: Changed the super-jackpot winning number from 77.7777 to 55.5555
Pages:
Jump to: