Pages:
Author

Topic: Libertarians... if you could change 1 thing in the US constitution.... - page 2. (Read 2021 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I would get rid of the electoral college. Just have a popular vote for president.

The electoral college is a thing of beauty. Otherwise cali and ny would pick the president every election. Think of the electoral college as the World Series. You have 50 contests instead of 7. Each contest though is still weighted by the number of people in each state.

Remove the states from the idea; just let every American individual have an equal vote on who the president will be.  Not every New Yorker and Californian is going to be the same fellow.

I take it you don't know the difference betwee a democracy and a republic.

Popular vote is just majority rules and majority rule is just two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I would get rid of the electoral college. Just have a popular vote for president.

The electoral college is a thing of beauty. Otherwise cali and ny would pick the president every election. Think of the electoral college as the World Series. You have 50 contests instead of 7. Each contest though is still weighted by the number of people in each state.

Remove the states from the idea; just let every American individual have an equal vote on who the president will be.  Not every New Yorker and Californian is going to be the same fellow.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
Activity: 574
freedomainradio.com
Activity: 320
Merit: 250
The USA isn't allowed to exist.
The end.

That's a bit extreme isn't it?
Activity: 574
freedomainradio.com
The USA isn't allowed to exist.
The end.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I would make it so that you could be president at 18 or maybe even lower, that's actually one of the only things I disagree with what was written in the U.S constitution, otherwise it's a very good document.

You're kidding right? A lot of 18 year olds don't know anything about the people running for president except for baseless rumours and "facts" fed by the media and political opponents.

I'm 23 Smiley there are actually younger people out there who know far more than most adults do about this sort of thing and many of them have access to the internet so they aren't as likely to fall for propaganda anymore, Bitcoin and any other technology is a classic example where the adults are always coming to them for help on it.
I know but I'm talking about the majority.

Who gives a fuck? Smiley
I would make it so that you could be president at 18 or maybe even lower, that's actually one of the only things I disagree with what was written in the U.S constitution, otherwise it's a very good document.

You're kidding right? A lot of 18 year olds don't know anything about the people running for president except for baseless rumours and "facts" fed by the media and political opponents.

I'm 23 Smiley there are actually younger people out there who know far more than most adults do about this sort of thing and many of them have access to the internet so they aren't as likely to fall for propaganda anymore, Bitcoin and any other technology is a classic example where the adults are always coming to them for help on it.
I know but I'm talking about the majority.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I wouldn't change anything; if we can't even follow the constitution as-is, then it's a failed concept: a piece of paper cannot defend your rights, only you can.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
All U.S. citizens who are not currently, nor have ever received a salary or aid from the government, are hereby empowered to abolish every totalitarian unit of government with extreme prejudice, and liquidate its assets. The government is absolutely forbidden to resist in any way whatsoever (only fleeing the country into permanent exile will be accepted), and any violent resistance shall be returned legally a thousand fold.

I would have added a secession amendment to the bill of rights.

"The right to secede from the union shall be preserved for all states and persons."
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The End
Activity: 294
what would it be?

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our constitution; I would be willing to depend on that alone for the reduction of the administration of our government to the genuine principles of its constitution," Jefferson wrote. "I mean an additional article taking from the federal government the power of borrowing.

I think that is pretty good but it might allow for loopholes. I think a better approach would be make sure that the government had to actually tax money before it could spend it. in this way they couldn't borrow money and they also couldn't just create it themselves.

I think it would be possible to let government create their own money on the condition that it was all taxed back from circulation.
Pages:
Jump to: