Pages:
Author

Topic: Libra May kill all stable coins and may be best trading pair for bitcoin - page 2. (Read 737 times)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
Libra May kill all stable coins and may be best trading pair for bitcoin

it's a possibility. but with partners like paypal and coinbase I think they will make much easier for new users start buying crypto.
They target a much larger user base compared to the number of crypto traders.
If paypal can fully support or maybe partner with crypto, maybe it will be something that really good. Until now, from what i see is people compare bitcoin/crypto and paypal and not see yet if 2 of that kind of currency support each other.

They have large fan base already when you talk fb alone. So what they can do is how to attract those users to use their coin. There will be hesitations at first because most of them have no idea how to use crypto. But later on, once everybody is using it within their platform, adoption will come easy. But we are all speculating things here. And Libra is not even listed in the market.  Tongue
Activity: 938
Merit: 1
Libra Will come  it is not sure . Because ist Has many obastragal. But if Libra came it will kill stable coins and will be a best trading pair for Bitcoin , i think it.
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
I quite agreed with that statement . Libra will  be Globally embraced and it will have effects on most stable coin though it will never stop their existence but most people will prefer to exchange their crypt assets into Libra. Besides, Libra i partnering with some payment processing giant which will facilitate direct conversion into fiat. This is indeed a a very positive development in Crypto Space but nevertheless , it will never stop the existence of all other stable coins .
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Scales will be one of the stable coins, and no more. It is unlikely that this stable coin will greatly affect other stable coins. So far, there’s nothing to talk about. Let the scales first show their functionality, and then everyone will decide which stable coin to use. So far I only see a fuss about the scales. Time will tell what it will be in practice. In general, I appreciate her appearance. This creates good competition for stable coins.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
lol.
Libra is not a stable coin, it is like a classical stock exchange with lo growth/fall.
Also, it is not for trading, it is for using, dont think that crypto traders will use Libra
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

it's a possibility. but with partners like paypal and coinbase I think they will make much easier for new users start buying crypto.
If paypal can fully support or maybe partner with crypto, maybe it will be something that really good. Until now, from what i see is people compare bitcoin/crypto and paypal and not see yet if 2 of that kind of currency support each other.
Activity: 590
Merit: 39

Activity: 93
Merit: 11
So many topics with "Libra king of crypto" or something like that already and now at least there's a meaningful topic. Since USDT is flawed while other stable coins are too small in market cap, Libra may be the stable king with its huge supply and big investors' fame. Yes it maybe used as a base trading coin then.
Activity: 429
Merit: 100
Not rule out the possibility that Libra will be an option for fans of Stable coins and maybe the king of stable coins. Many companies and also Visa + Matercard have supported this project. Regarding the best partner with BTC, I don't think that is necessarily the case because this project has not been officially listed on the exchange. We'll wait for next year 2020.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 6

I dont think so, it will be a popular coin, but nobody seriously will not use it to store or transact a big volumes of money, because it is totally regulated and controlled by goverment, it denies all main ideas of crypto.
Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co

The times for centralized stable coins are now limited. It would highly depend on how decentralized would the Libra stable coin would be.
On comparison, Libra would surely be a instant hit as the current most used stable coin is a shady token from a shady exchange.
Activity: 123
This token will take the privacy out of crypto
Activity: 175
It has a great potential thanks to infrastructure provided by facebook and its partners. Currently, obtaining bitcoin isn't easy process - at least for newbie. Buying it on exchange usually takes time, cause you have to pass whole verification process. The easies are services like buycoinnow.com, where you don't have to create an account and transactions are much faster - but it still takes usually about an hour. Obtaining Libra probably will take few seconds. Compare this with a global reach provided by platform which Facebook is.
And don't get me wrong, it might be a fiasco in the end, but as for now, this coin looks like at least potential game changer on the crypto market (even if it's not crypto itself)
I think that although buying Libra will last less time than buying Bitcoin, it won't be more impactful than BTC. It doesn't mean that Libra won't be profitable, I think that this will be better choice than some altcoins. That's for sure because it has a great position (in cryptocurrency world) which is conditioned only by its brand.
copper member
Activity: 995
It is not worth raising to the top a project that has not yet entered the market. And also you should not forget that the majority of large countries will not be able to use this coin. I generally have a skiptic attitude to this product. Yes, the market will strengthen. But a stable coin does not have huge pot-tonals for growth. Yes, and it will take years that she would get at least to the stability of the USDT and traded on all the exchanges.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
Mostly no, if Libra would be a stablecoin meaning that it will be anti volatile, so its value will not likely to be changing that much, so it will be similar to fiat so there is no margin of prices, so you won't be able to buy at a low price and than wait for the price to go up and sell to collect profit like it is the case with bitcoin, so i  don't think that it will be a trade friendly coin, i think that Libra will only have a more easier access than bitcoin and it will be like an introduction rather than a base for people who don't know about crypto and not trading. 
Activity: 135
It has a great potential thanks to infrastructure provided by facebook and its partners. Currently, obtaining bitcoin isn't easy process - at least for newbie. Buying it on exchange usually takes time, cause you have to pass whole verification process. The easies are services like buycoinnow.com, where you don't have to create an account and transactions are much faster - but it still takes usually about an hour. Obtaining Libra probably will take few seconds. Compare this with a global reach provided by platform which Facebook is.
And don't get me wrong, it might be a fiasco in the end, but as for now, this coin looks like at least potential game changer on the crypto market (even if it's not crypto itself)
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
with all the circus around fb its gonna be a fun run + heavy adoption pushes 🍿🍿🍿 Cool and its not like stablecoins are that stable so far

I think that is one major advantage of fb coin. Their adoption will be easier as compared to other struggling coins. I will take it as a positive development in crypto. Might help in further understanding the world of crypto by ordinary individuals who are into fb. This might pave the way of more btc adoption, who knows what the future holds?

such adoption)

btc had a satellite for over 2 years till it really got some traction and nobody could give less fucks ahahah. if blockstream would do it by 2017 - price would be over 50. but after the winter....
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
with all the circus around fb its gonna be a fun run + heavy adoption pushes 🍿🍿🍿 Cool and its not like stablecoins are that stable so far

I think that is one major advantage of fb coin. Their adoption will be easier as compared to other struggling coins. I will take it as a positive development in crypto. Might help in further understanding the world of crypto by ordinary individuals who are into fb. This might pave the way of more btc adoption, who knows what the future holds?
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
In addition, members will also maintain the supply of Libra in response to demand—meaning they will issue new Libra as needed, and destroy the digital currency when people redeem them.

Members are also required to support a reserve fund to keep the value of the currency stable. In order to avoid the notorious volatility of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, each unit of Libra will be backed one-to-one in a basket consisting of dollars, pounds, euros, and Swiss francs.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
with all the circus around fb its gonna be a fun run + heavy adoption pushes 🍿🍿🍿 Cool and its not like stablecoins are that stable so far. at some point users would be like Why i have to hold that fb coin if i can get btc first hand)
Pages:
Jump to: