Pages:
Author

Topic: Life lessons from Bill gates and how it could make you a successful entrepreneur - page 4. (Read 471 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 119
Epsiloan Protocol
I stumbled on this online and I decide to analyze this on how it could help for finance freedom.

1. BE YOUR OWN BOSS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
“If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Bill Gates.
This may sound not too easy for someone from a poor home. Most people believe you should have millions of naira to start a business but this doesn't work that way often. Although all businesses need money for establishing and survival but always remember one can start small especially in a developing countries. There are some businesses that one can start with little capital.
Key word: In most developing countries, there are always a problem to solve in the community. This can be  financial strength. So, study your community, observe their problem and provide a solution to it through your business. No matter how small it is, you are now your own boss and this will grow big one day.

2. START AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE
Time wait for no one, start anything you want to do on time. Remember, alot of people are in search of same opportunity. Delay may not be helpful. I remember 6 years ago, when I plan to start a POS business in my location, no such business around then. If I had started earlier, I would have gotten a stand before other but my delay make me lose the business opportunity. Today, we have over 10 POS in that same community.

3. FOCUS ON YOUR UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS
Try to make people happy is always a the best. For a customer to be unhappy, there is a problem somewhere. Get involved, study their problems, learn from it, take into account any feedback they are giving you, as it’s a cheap and easy way to adjust and improve your product or service for the future.

4. MOVE FAST AND KEEP INNOVATING
Most today’s successful entrepreneurs live by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg’s now-famous motto: “Move fast and break things.”  In our ever-changing world, it’s essential to keep up with the constant updates and changes to technology. In a world that is full of new start-ups, you need to always move faster than your competitors. We raced to put our products into consumers’ hands as fast as possible. So always act fast on any opportunity that comes your way.

5. ALWAYS TAKE A CALCULATED RISK
It’s nearly impossible to start a new business or launch a new product without some degree of risk-taking. Calculating ones risk in business may help to determine if the business worth investing on. Weigh your risk to your possible outcomes and determine the expected return. If a positive outcome the relative risk of a negative outcome, then such business opportunity can be utilized.

6. TRAVEL THE WORLD AND LEARN NEW THINGS
Traveling is part of education and learning. During the process, you meet new friends and learn new ideas which may be useful in your business in future. Travelling around the world can help to bring new business idea. Honorable Akin Alabi, the founder of Nairabet (a sport betting company in Nigeria) was the first person to introduce sport gambling to Nigerians. He brought the idea from overseas. The idea hits Nigerians and he makes alot of money from this. Till today alot of sport gambling company keep surfacing in Nigeria.

CONCLUSION
Nothing good come easy. It involves great work with passion. Your decision on what to become in life can drive you towards achieving your dreams. It may take some time to rationally get from where you are to where you want to be but you will definitely be there one day. Just take make a move, start something, be focus and see how success will drive you towards your dream.
Pages:
Jump to: