Pages:
Author

Topic: Lightning Network Incoming: BTC to the MOON ? - page 2. (Read 260 times)

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
When LN will be there, will BTC go the moon and crush all altcoins on the road ??

I think it will really help a lot in terms of alleviating the network congestion and as a result will push the price even further. It really depends on how you define mooning here. But I'm sure that there will be a renewed interest that will comes along with the implementation of Lightning Network. And I don't think that it will crush altcoins, although it may significantly affect how their market goes because there maybe people who will shift their funds from altcoin to bitcoin once again. We all know for a fact that this has been practice by most investors and traders. If they see that bitcoin is moving up, they will dump their altcoins immediately. Let's see how it goes though, we have been hearing that the test was successful. Only time will tell when they are going to activate it with bitcoin. It will not be an easy task in the beginning, but if people find LN a big boost to really help with the high fees and slow confirmation, I'm sure that everyone will be happy to see it doing its purpose as sidechain.
Definitely,it will help bitcoin usage to go back to mainstream again but at the same time,it will not crush altcoins.But altcoins may suffer a small dip in price due to the bitcoin rally.I think that the lightning network should have been activated much before so that all these big issues of higher transaction fee and late confirmations would have been avoided in the beginning itself.
Activity: 686
Merit: 502

Guess what it is?
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
When LN will be there, will BTC go the moon and crush all altcoins on the road ??
Adoption of Lightning Network by bitcoin will be the greatest landmark in the transaction of bitcoin which will invariably put to an end scalability problems.
Although there is a widespread belief that LN is centralized which is against the core objective of bitcoin "decentralization"
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
ENG > ITA PDF, PSD, TXT, DOCX TRNSLATION
When LN comes the price of Bitcoin will increase and the price of altcoins will drop down but this means not the end for altcoins.

mmmm... i don't think so.
there are a lot alternative projects..
just think at NEO, like Eth but with 1000 Transaction per sec: ETH mange just 15 trans/sec.
and this it's just the first one that comes to mind.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
When LN comes the price of Bitcoin will increase and the price of altcoins will drop down but this means not the end for altcoins.
Activity: 219
ENG > ITA PDF, PSD, TXT, DOCX TRNSLATION
Maybe not to the moon but it will definitely get a huge boost if lighting network is as good as they say.

there are a bitcoin block number beyond lightnight will be available??
Activity: 196
Even with the fix of the scalability issue, I do not think bitcoin will moon too much.
There are a lot of better coins showing up which offers more value than bitcoin when transferring monetary values.

I think bitcoin consumes too much energy to maintain and is kind of wasteful of resources.
Thinking of supporting more emerging blockchain tech like DAG from IOTA and RaiBlocks.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

I think it will really help a lot in terms of alleviating the network congestion and as a result will push the price even further. It really depends on how you define mooning here. But I'm sure that there will be a renewed interest that will comes along with the implementation of Lightning Network. And I don't think that it will crush altcoins, although it may significantly affect how their market goes because there maybe people who will shift their funds from altcoin to bitcoin once again. We all know for a fact that this has been practice by most investors and traders. If they see that bitcoin is moving up, they will dump their altcoins immediately. Let's see how it goes though, we have been hearing that the test was successful. Only time will tell when they are going to activate it with bitcoin. It will not be an easy task in the beginning, but if people find LN a big boost to really help with the high fees and slow confirmation, I'm sure that everyone will be happy to see it doing its purpose as sidechain.
Activity: 133
Merit: 37
Maybe not to the moon but it will definitely get a huge boost if lighting network is as good as they say.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
That's one of the ones that many people will feel, the taste will happen this year too, bitcoin prices will soar to go back to always be the king for altcoin, I'll wait for the bitcoin increase this year that could exceed last year.
Activity: 121
Pages:
Jump to: