Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux Driver for Blockchain Compute 17.30.1029 - page 4. (Read 16017 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
I tried 2 scenarios to install that and both had failed.
Any hints from those who has it working: your ubuntu version, amdgpu version (if not built-in), order of installation?

Success!

HowTo:
1) Install ubuntu 16.04.3.
2) Install rocm as described above.
3) Add amdgpu parameter as described above. It is the key to success, don't miss that step.
4) Install amdgpu-17.30 as told by AMD.
Kernel module build fails, but correct driver is in the rocm installation. AMD driver is necessary for libOpenCL, etc.
5) Overclock using any tool (if desired).
6) Enjoy!

ETH hashrate under linux seems to be 0.3MH/s lesser than on Windows, it is a known issue and probably just measurement difference (see Claymore's FAQ).

But I should be able to run more than 8 cards per MB, will try ASAP.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
I worked with gstoner at AMD to fix this on linux side. Donations welcome Tongue

I tried 2 scenarios to install that and both had failed.

#1: ubuntu-16.04.2 server with already installed amdgpu-17.10 (running system).
Attempt to install rocm failed at amdgpu module rebuild stage (version 17.10).
Attempt to boot new kernel resulted in black screen during kernel start at the moment when a video mode should be changed.

#2: ubuntu-16.04.3 desktop (new installation, no yet amdgpu driver - used built-in one).
rocm installation succeeded, after reboot the new kernel is running well.
Attempt to install amdgpu-17.30 failed at module rebuild stage: "headers 4.11 not supported" message, build log contains errors with incompatible argument types of atomic vs struct.
Original amdgpu driver (built-in) mining with the same hash rate as before (2 MH/s lower that it does on Windows).

Any hints from those who has it working: your ubuntu version, amdgpu version (if not built-in), order of installation?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Here is the solution:
The new ROCm Kernel works great, my hashrate went from 155 > 167Mhs/s with 6*RX470 with Ubuntu 16.4

#Install new ROCm Kernel:

wget -qO - http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/debian/rocm.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo sh -c 'echo deb [arch=amd64] http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/debian/ xenial main > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rocm.list'
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rocm

#edit grub
sudo nano  /etc/default/grub
#2MB fragments for Ellesmere are enabled with a grub option:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="amdgpu.vm_fragment_size=9"

sudo update-grub
sudo reboot

choose new Kernel and its done!

Thx to gstoner from ROCm Github.

Feel free to donate if you happy ;-)

ETH:0xccad3d66b29ae2924df835df1417169ca59943b5
BTC:12F7uXSpTwVhf4ppdh92uieAvrevZ4ShEf

Greetz

Has anyone managed to get this working on ethOS? Any instructions for it?
Activity: 3
Dear Friends,
i tried on two rig, all rig has RX570 GPU,
i complated all steps but system does not working.
when system complate reboot process, it can not connect  mining pool (eu1.ethermine.org:4444) Sad((
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
I worked with gstoner at AMD to fix this on linux side. Donations welcome Tongue
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
did you try with last from amd website 17.30... ?

No...How?
bit easy go on amd web site and get amd for linux there is instruction to install driver
Activity: 43

No...How?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Activity: 43
This does not works in ethos ! Anything else?
Activity: 6
Here is the solution:
The new ROCm Kernel works great, my hashrate went from 155 > 167Mhs/s with 6*RX470 with Ubuntu 16.4

#Install new ROCm Kernel:

wget -qO - http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/debian/rocm.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo sh -c 'echo deb [arch=amd64] http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/debian/ xenial main > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rocm.list'
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rocm

#edit grub
sudo nano  /etc/default/grub
#2MB fragments for Ellesmere are enabled with a grub option:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="amdgpu.vm_fragment_size=9"

sudo update-grub
sudo reboot

choose new Kernel and its done!

Thx to gstoner from ROCm Github.

Feel free to donate if you happy ;-)

ETH:0xccad3d66b29ae2924df835df1417169ca59943b5
BTC:12F7uXSpTwVhf4ppdh92uieAvrevZ4ShEf

Greetz
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Try posting on AMD's website, they MIGHT pay attention to that.

IMO AMD dropped the ball BADLY when they released this driver for Windows AND NOT FOR LINUX, since the bulk of cryptocoin rigs run LINUX.

Activity: 66
Merit: 1
We all know that the new Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute Driver Version 17.30.1029 was released for Windows a few days ago.
When is this driver actually going to be compiled for Linux? We really need it AMD. Most of the huge farms are running on Linux.

Fix it!  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: