Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux over Microsoft? - page 2. (Read 233 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 0
March 13, 2018, 10:24:57 AM
All folks know that Microsoft is centralized. Bitcoin as a community that values decentralization should help Linux by using it. The best for cold storage and other advantages and tools. Besides the added security.

Just a shout out!

there's nothing you can do about it (
Activity: 5
March 13, 2018, 05:25:27 AM
I believe in Linux over Microsoft because Linux is non-profit. However, both OS's are centralized, so don't fool yourself.

Linux's Ubuntu are good for creating cold wallets tho Smiley. You can't boot windows cleanly from a USB, but you can certainly boot Linux from a USB!!
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
March 13, 2018, 05:21:06 AM
All folks know that Microsoft is centralized. Bitcoin as a community that values decentralization should help Linux by using it. The best for cold storage and other advantages and tools. Besides the added security.

Just a shout out!

I was sent by a friend to a snapshot of information Microsoft accepted the BTC and BCH as a form of payment. But if you pay by BCH, you do not have to pay a fee, and if using BTC, you have to pay for each transaction. This can see as a move that Microsoft will support and select the BCH.
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
March 13, 2018, 05:11:49 AM
Windows 10/x64 runs on a Linux kernel already so the difference got smaller.
Beside this Poettering fucking around with the base system makes Linux less attractive every day and takes more and more freedom of choice away from you as user - just like Windows or MacOS does.

(I am running Linux on all my systems since more than 15yrs, but I plan to avoid it in the future as I heavily dislike dealing with systemd)
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
March 13, 2018, 03:10:05 AM
Linux distros are centralized too though, with a central repository for software and updates lol. I agree with everything else though. Its biggest selling point is that you're much less likely to run into malware in the wild through careless activities. You almost never hear about keyloggers that can steal your seeds in Linux.

Though unfortunately Linux is just not really for everyone, as Linux in my opinion isn't as easy-to-use as Windows.

Windows was much more user friendly in the past, but recently, distros like Ubuntu have become really easy to use. They're easy to troubleshoot too, because just about every problem and its solution shows up with a quick Google search. The ease-of-use issue is more about users' familiarity with Windows than Linux's user friendliness in my opinion.

Ubuntu Persistence Live USBs also provide a really easy way to create a secure paper/air-gapped wallet, all with just a flash drive.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
March 13, 2018, 02:49:20 AM
I'm not actually sure if we "help" Linux simply by just using it. By donating probably?

But yea I prefer Linux due to most viruses/malware are created to targeting devices that run Windows. Though unfortunately Linux is just not really for everyone, as Linux in my opinion isn't as easy-to-use as Windows. Not to mention that the common person is most likely used to either Windows or OSX.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
Hail HYDRA
March 13, 2018, 02:44:01 AM
try to use microsoft then install virtualbox and put linux on it
it can solve your problems about which is better because you can have both of it

no need to choose any
Activity: 21
March 13, 2018, 02:36:54 AM

Just a shout out!
Pages:
Jump to: