Pages:
Author

Topic: Liquidity rating makes lotta sense - page 2. (Read 274 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 301
November 23, 2019, 11:47:52 AM
Seems many of the exchanges with low Liquidity are the true Decentralized Exchanges. I guess true DEXes should have theirs list or rated differently... True DEXes are the "real things" but aren't very popular for obvious reasons. It'll be unfair to compare real DEXes with centralized exchanges or semi decentralized exchanges
It seems that you do not understand what the OP is talking about. Did you even check the coinmarketcap link? The new coinmarketcap liquidity metric aims to combat exchanges faking their volume to stay up in the CMC ranking. Those at the bottom of the list means they are most likely the exchanges with fake volumes regardless if it's a CEX or a DEX.

Read these threads so you will have a better idea:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53100047
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53100397
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
November 23, 2019, 11:28:36 AM
well, i just quite surprised seeing forgotten exchange is the number one on that ranking.
HitBtc is the number one, and well, still many many complaint for that exchange , and mostly about withdrawal problem, or missing funds.
so , did that rank is real ?
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
November 23, 2019, 10:29:58 AM
The problem is that almost every single exchange is doing wash trading by buying and selling crypto to themselves generating the fake trading volume. The problem is that there are only some exchange with real trading volume with nothing to chose from.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
November 23, 2019, 09:56:43 AM
This is good development. It makes things easier. It weeds out those who have fake volumes. But still, developers should do proper research. HITBTC is on top of the list but in my opinion, it is not a good place to get listed.
I agree, Fake volume coins/token will get a low rating and devs may consider the volatility of their token/coins. This is a good thing for the traders and the token/coin which currently has high liquidity on the market. I'm sure that the competition for the top 100 slots will become tighter.
This is the fastest way to know which exchanges are the best in this market and greatly reduce the risks when you choose to invest. At the moment, I always follow this ranking and only trust CMC data because it helps a lot with my investment. Now this problem has been solved and should only join some major exchanges like Binance, Okex, Huobi because these are 3 best liquidity exchanges.

I do not believe in the liquidity of p2pb2b and IDAX. I think they are falsifying the volume to increase the exchange rating. I do not believe that there are still many fake volumes on the exchange.
Binance, Huobi, Okex has been a long time exchange and many are trusted by its traders.
Activity: 858
Merit: 13
Christ The King
November 23, 2019, 09:55:28 AM
Exchanges with fake volumes and too many bot faking trades must be abandoned, they are a big threat to this space, they usually mislead project teams and afterward destroy the projects.  
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
UniDApp - it's DeFi time!
November 23, 2019, 08:53:54 AM
This is good development. It makes things easier. It weeds out those who have fake volumes. But still, developers should do proper research. HITBTC is on top of the list but in my opinion, it is not a good place to get listed.
I agree, Fake volume coins/token will get a low rating and devs may consider the volatility of their token/coins. This is a good thing for the traders and the token/coin which currently has high liquidity on the market. I'm sure that the competition for the top 100 slots will become tighter.
This is the fastest way to know which exchanges are the best in this market and greatly reduce the risks when you choose to invest. At the moment, I always follow this ranking and only trust CMC data because it helps a lot with my investment. Now this problem has been solved and should only join some major exchanges like Binance, Okex, Huobi because these are 3 best liquidity exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
November 23, 2019, 08:41:06 AM
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
November 23, 2019, 08:25:56 AM
Activity: 353
Merit: 108
November 23, 2019, 07:46:42 AM
I think that the projects did not mistakenly use exchanges with a small volume, they specifically used such exchanges. However, I agree with you, this is great news. I really like CoinMarketCap and I'm glad it gets better.
Activity: 490
Merit: 16
November 21, 2019, 07:00:14 AM
Thanks to coinmarketcap for taking the huge step of rating crypto exchanges based on liquidity, now atleast i will some developers will start picking exchanges to list their token based on liquidity ratings, if you check the link down below

https://coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/liquidity/?utm_source=coinmarketcap&utm_content=alert

You will see that exchanges like idax, p2pb2b and bitforex are way down on the ranking list compare to when exchanges are been rated with volumes, well exchanges with fake volumes can't have liquidity because they aren't real, now its left for developers, project teams to be smart

Seems many of the exchanges with low Liquidity are the true Decentralized Exchanges. I guess true DEXes should have theirs list or rated differently... True DEXes are the "real things" but aren't very popular for obvious reasons. It'll be unfair to compare real DEXes with centralized exchanges or semi decentralized exchanges
Nothing is unfair about the rating, dex lacks big in volume and liquidity, if they are simply better people would have start using them from time to time and thus creating more volume for dex exchanges
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
November 21, 2019, 06:25:24 AM
Because in decentralized exchange the liquidity itself comes from the trader while on centralized exchange they are mostly using liquidity providers to increase the volume and activity of the exchange. I do not think it is a problem for DEXes to be compared with the rest because both of them are exchange to begin with.
making it less complicated could help the users getting the information easily.
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
November 21, 2019, 04:09:20 AM
Thanks to coinmarketcap for taking the huge step of rating crypto exchanges based on liquidity, now atleast i will some developers will start picking exchanges to list their token based on liquidity ratings, if you check the link down below

https://coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/liquidity/?utm_source=coinmarketcap&utm_content=alert

You will see that exchanges like idax, p2pb2b and bitforex are way down on the ranking list compare to when exchanges are been rated with volumes, well exchanges with fake volumes can't have liquidity because they aren't real, now its left for developers, project teams to be smart

Activity: 784
Merit: 21
November 21, 2019, 03:50:27 AM

Pages:
Jump to: