Pages:
Author

Topic: [LISK] Great Relaunch Event on February 20, huge price surge? - page 2. (Read 390 times)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
I bought a few LISK actually recently, when it was around $18, so was quite excited when it went all the way to $30 as other alts were dropping, but seems like that pump did not last long. I do not think I will be buying any more now, but rebranding usually does seem to pump a price it seems. Only thing is I saw how raiblocks (rebrand to Nano) seemed to be just a really short pump before also following the rest of alts downhill. LISK is a pretty strong name in the industry though. Now I am torn to buy more or not.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Hi there and sorry for the kinda clickbait title :p

I am really looking forward to the Lisk Relaunch Event on 20th of February. Several months ago on 22nd of November 2017 there was a blockchain meetup in Berlin. I assume people expected a lot from it and some kind of unveiling of the 'Rebranding'. The event then was okay but actually not too well prepared. And they 'only' announced the date of the actual Relaunch Event. 20th of February.
Still you can see the surge in price and volume here in November. It started approx. 14 days before the event.
Now there are 12 days remaining until the Relaunch Event and yesterday it already started to go up a bit. I expect to see this kind of surge again (if not greater). I mean you know what Rebranding events and announcements in general do to prices in crypto. Max Kordek (Co-founder of Lisk) said that they will have an event like a f***ing Apple Key note so I am really expecting something huge here.

Following Key points (and probably more) will be presented at the Event.

• New Website
  • New Logo
  • New Lisk Wallet in the interactive Desktop App + WebApp
  • Lisk Shop
  • Lisk Academy
  • + the entire Subreddit will be revamped for the rebrand

Here's a link to a Blog post about the Event with more specific details: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-relaunch-5a049ab2c281
Also coming soon: New fee & address system (Modularisation), custom tokens, dApp registration, decentralized exchange, sidechain withdraw/deposit.

I'm generally very bullish on Lisk because of their approach to let users write decentralized Apps in JavaScript. In addition, every app will run in its own sidechain to ensure that Lisk itself stays safe and scalable. If you don't know what JavaScript is you should look it up. Basically every programmer knows and uses JavaScript. It's one of the most important programming languages out there.
As far as I know there are no blockchain platforms out there on which you can build in pure JavaScript. Ethereum for example uses Solidity, a programming language actually no one knows, more or less specifically created for Ethereum.

So in my opinion Lisk could be a real 'blockchain enabler' towards a real life adoption of the blockchain. That's one thing that is totally missing in crypto right now and something we really need. So I personally think this really is huge.
If people build dApps using Lisk they will need Lisk to do it for sending funds etc. which means price will go up (like for example looking at Ethereum).  

Here are the top programming languages people are using on GitHub (according to GitHub):

("The chart shows the number of pull requests (requests to download and change a project's code) in each language. Pull requests aren't a perfect proxy for popularity, but they're a good indicator. And take note JavaScript's huge margin of victory." - Business Insider)

Sorry for these large images. Also: Needless to say I own Lisk.

What do you think? Is this a possible scenario? I have the feeling a lot of people don't like Lisk and many compare it to Ark. I think both projects can really co-exist just fine. Even the founders of those projects know each other and say that. Looking for a discussion here. Please be free to tell us why you don't like Lisk and why.

Regards

Pages:
Jump to: