Pages:
Author

Topic: List of Forks [updated 4/3/2018] - page 4. (Read 4314 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 114
February 27, 2018, 10:57:15 PM
Today i found and new fork. This time it is a new Litecoin fork and you can put it on your list.  Smiley

LITECOIN PRIVATE - LTC fork /w Privacy and Smart Contracts.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annforkairdrop-litecoin-private-ltc-fork-w-privacy-and-smart-contracts-3025236
https://litecoinprivate.co/

I just saw this one was coming to add it, but I'm going to list it under the "excluded" section for now because it doesn't appear to be a true fork.  It looks like it will be an airdrop that is claimable for a limited time by Litecoin holders at a TBA block height.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
February 27, 2018, 05:49:36 PM
Today i found and new fork. This time it is a new Litecoin fork and you can put it on your list.  Smiley

LITECOIN PRIVATE - LTC fork /w Privacy and Smart Contracts.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annforkairdrop-litecoin-private-ltc-fork-w-privacy-and-smart-contracts-3025236
https://litecoinprivate.co/
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
February 27, 2018, 12:22:06 AM
I agree with this.  It looks to me like about 20-30% never make it past the announcement stage.  Then half the ones that actually do launch never get much traction, don’t get listed, and are life-support.  I would not be surprised if 80-90% of these are dead, or effectively dead, in a year.  

My guess for the survivors will be BCH, BTG, LBTC, BTA, EtherZero, Litecoin Cash, and Bitcoin Private, just because they are getting some hype at this stage.  The vast majority of the rest don’t seem to have much interest.  

The fork phenomenon is a great test tube for crypto experimentation, it's a great way to distribute coins, and given all the heartache projects like NXT and NEM went through to distribute their tokens, and all the criticism ripple gets over XRP, I think airdrops, forks and now merge forks are smart way to distribute without needing PoW or ICO

I think BTCH has done something really quite cool, they got the idea of merge forks initially from bitcoin private, but added significantly to the idea by just combining the utxo sets from the 3 merged coins (btc DEX Hush), so they start with a chain of only 250mb, not massive like bitcoin private which must be close to 200 gb, plus BTCH has bitcoin level security through delayed PoW used by Komodo asset chains. It's pretty cool stuff, even if they just did it to show off the Komodo tech, and if a few bitcoin whales start claiming, who knows, it gives them access to a Z-cash clone with easy p2p trading on BarterDEX.

The other one I like best is BTA which has atomic swaps built in from the get go.

I haven't reaĺy checked out EtherZero, thanks for the tip!
February 26, 2018, 11:28:08 PM
This is sort of off-topic, but is anyone seeing any long term viability in any of these forks?  All I'm seeing is a bunch of cash grabs by riding the coat-tails of brand recognition.  Aside from BCH, I haven't even bothered claiming any of the other forks because I'm too lazy to spend time finding real wallets/exchanges for each of them and then sweeping keys to new wallets for each. and. every. shitcoin. knockoff...  Undecided

Great issue to discuss imo!

I see mostly crap, scams and performance art going on with most of the forks, but a few are worth following.

My picks for 'interesting' forks so far would be

BCH
BTCH (bitcoin hush)
LBTC (lightning btc)
BTA (btc atom)

United Bitcoin UB, might end up doing something interesting, but so far plagued with stuff ups.

My take is after NEM experience ignoring  these forks is risky, a few might end up with genuine tech merit, or achieve network effects that give them longevity. Interested to hear other opinions.

I agree with this.  It looks to me like about 20-30% never make it past the announcement stage.  Then half the ones that actually do launch never get much traction, don’t get listed, and are life-support.  I would not be surprised if 80-90% of these are dead, or effectively dead, in a year. 

My guess for the survivors will be BCH, BTG, LBTC, BTA, EtherZero, Litecoin Cash, and Bitcoin Private, just because they are getting some hype at this stage.  The vast majority of the rest don’t seem to have much interest. 
February 26, 2018, 10:48:09 PM
This is sort of off-topic, but is anyone seeing any long term viability in any of these forks?  All I'm seeing is a bunch of cash grabs by riding the coat-tails of brand recognition.  Aside from BCH, I haven't even bothered claiming any of the other forks because I'm too lazy to spend time finding real wallets/exchanges for each of them and then sweeping keys to new wallets for each. and. every. shitcoin. knockoff...  Undecided

Great issue to discuss imo!

I see mostly crap, scams and performance art going on with most of the forks, but a few are worth following.

My picks for 'interesting' forks so far would be

BCH
BTCH (bitcoin hush)
LBTC (lightning btc)
BTA (btc atom)

United Bitcoin UB, might end up doing something interesting, but so far plagued with stuff ups.

My take is after NEM experience ignoring  these forks is risky, a few might end up with genuine tech merit, or achieve network effects that give them longevity. Interested to hear other opinions.
Activity: 104
Merit: 3
February 26, 2018, 09:16:11 PM
This is sort of off-topic, but is anyone seeing any long term viability in any of these forks?  All I'm seeing is a bunch of cash grabs by riding the coat-tails of brand recognition.  Aside from BCH, I haven't even bothered claiming any of the other forks because I'm too lazy to spend time finding real wallets/exchanges for each of them and then sweeping keys to new wallets for each. and. every. shitcoin. knockoff...  Undecided
February 26, 2018, 09:08:30 PM
BTCH merge fork is trading on https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BTCH/BTC
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
February 26, 2018, 02:28:37 PM
I do not think that even 70 percent of all forks available on exchangers. I do not understand why there are so many of them , if half are almost the same as Bitcoin itself..
Activity: 5
Merit: 1
February 25, 2018, 11:47:04 PM
That's right, United Bitcoin is similar to an airdrop. During the last claiming phase, I think that addresses with activity between two block heights were automatically credited, without the need to register. Although, addresses needed to contain 0.01BTC IIRC. Previous claiming phases had different requirements. Altogether, I decided not to list that "fork" as it was too complicated and controversial to my taste.

On my site, I only list coins that were automatically credited to all, with the exception of Bitcore which requires 0.01BTC but it is a simple enough requirement so I left it there. Though, the main idea behind the site is to quickly find the coins that were forked. How would you feel about adding it to the list of other sites listed below your comprehensive list?

In the next hours or days, I'll display the UTXOs (transaction ID, index and amount) which should make it a lot easier for ymgve's bitcoin_fork_claimer users to claim their coins. I'm also working on displaying whether or not coins have already been claimed.
February 25, 2018, 05:07:34 PM
Thanks for the list, it is very useful.

I think Bitcoin Nano should be listed under 'Excluded From "Fork" List' as it requires registration (and proof of BTC ownership) for the "forked" coins to be claimed and distributed to a new BTN address.

(I'm the author of FindMyCoins.ninja, and that was my first post here.)

Thank you.  I’ll look into that.  That may also be the case with Bitcoin United, which I’m also looking into.  It seems that some of these “forks” have a limited “claiming” period and function more like an airdrop.  I will try to get an answer this week and will move both to the “excluded” section if  needed.
Activity: 5
Merit: 1
February 25, 2018, 03:45:53 AM
Thanks for the list, it is very useful.

I think Bitcoin Nano should be listed under 'Excluded From "Fork" List' as it requires registration (and proof of BTC ownership) for the "forked" coins to be claimed and distributed to a new BTN address.

(I'm the author of FindMyCoins.ninja, and that was my first post here.)
February 24, 2018, 05:26:10 PM
Weekend Update ... Just did some some minor editing. EtherGold is back from the dead, website is back online, but I see no evidence that project is moving forward.  Updated some of the launch dates as their blocks have passed.  Bitvote is reported dead, but I'll give it another week.  Bitcoin Pieta was removed from the main list because it's website is offline and no fork information was ever provided.  I marked a couple that been offline for a while as "dead".

Also, "On CMC" does refer to coins that are listed on coinmarketcap.   I put that there to try to mark the project that appear a little more legit, and coinmarketcap does require an active blockchain, exchange, and a some volume before listing.  If I can figure out how to do it, I'd like to hide the coinmarketcap link behind the "Yes".  I'm going to try to get that added this week.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
February 23, 2018, 09:54:29 PM
only a few forks are published and get a positive trend from the public
some exchangers also only announced a few coins only, such as BCH, BTG
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
February 23, 2018, 09:32:46 PM
ouch, there`s so many of them! thanks for the info!

Yes, hard to believe there are so many, but a few forks do have genuine merit, but most are crap.

Thanks for maintaining this thread
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
February 23, 2018, 03:33:57 AM
Hardfork and airdrop
Ethereum Classic
1 ETC = 1 CLO
55000 - block number
05.03 - approximately
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
February 23, 2018, 03:27:22 AM
Bitvote (BTV) RIP.

Explorer block.bitvote.one does not exist any more and the blockchain is stuck at block 533627.
Activity: 94
Merit: 0
February 21, 2018, 08:00:27 PM
Thanks a lot! Great information!

What does "On.CMC" mean?
probably means on CMC = Coinmarketcap.com
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
February 21, 2018, 04:49:53 PM
Thanks a lot! Great information!

What does "On.CMC" mean?
February 19, 2018, 08:26:34 PM
A great list!

I run a similar service on Btcdiv.com and just added the ability to see what exchanges the forks and airdrops can be traded on for Bitcoin.

I hope it can be of some use:
https://btcdiv.com

Thanks, I added your link to the front page.  

UPDATED with Bitcoin Community, New Bitcoin, Bitcoin Eco, Clams and Byteball.

EDIT:  On 2/20/2018, added Bitcoin Minor and Dogetherium
Activity: 65
Merit: 2
dotbit.me
February 19, 2018, 07:01:51 PM
A great list!

I run a similar service on Btcdiv.com and just added the ability to see what exchanges the forks and airdrops can be traded on for Bitcoin.

I hope it can be of some use:
https://btcdiv.com
Pages:
Jump to: