Pages:
Author

Topic: List Of GPU Mineable Only Coins - GPU Mining Will NEVER Die! - page 3. (Read 6117 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 11
Its not ever going to 'die' - just other solutions will continue to dilute the % of block rewards that are going to be taken home by GPU miners.

When they say 'die' just referring to continued downtrend in terms of btc profit vs. electricity cost.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 544
I am missing Bitcore on the list.
It uses the Timetravel10 algo.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
- Bitcoin Gold
- Bitcoin Private
- Bitcoin Z

meme coins.  Cool

what algo does pickle ricks use
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
ASIC development cycle is getting shorter and shorter and FPGA/ASIC hybrids will be the doom of GPU mining. Good riddance as it's a waste of energy to use GPU for such purpose, the main reason people want to keep GPU mining alive is because of greed as they would see their hardware become obsolete. And I'm saying that as a GPU miner.

I really can't get how us GPU miners are accused of greed in an argument where the other side is the embodiment of greed.

Amen
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
- Bitcoin Gold
- Bitcoin Private
- Bitcoin Z

meme coins.  Cool
Activity: 266
Nexus, and bismuth maybe?

edit: i think IPBC/BitTube also forked
Activity: 186
Merit: 4
ASIC development cycle is getting shorter and shorter and FPGA/ASIC hybrids will be the doom of GPU mining. Good riddance as it's a waste of energy to use GPU for such purpose, the main reason people want to keep GPU mining alive is because of greed as they would see their hardware become obsolete. And I'm saying that as a GPU miner.

I really can't get how us GPU miners are accused of greed in an argument where the other side is the embodiment of greed.

Activity: 125
Merit: 35
I really can't believe that luxCoin devs said that they try to remain FPGA resistant! That's awesome, respect for LuxCoin. LuxCoin devs are serious, i will visit their post soon.

Bitcoin gold & private have an ASIC.
Monero's slightly changed algo is already being mined by FPGA.
Bitcoin Gold and private will fork soon. At current rate, FPGAs won't increase difficulty of Monero for gpu miners anytime soon.

Also I do want to pay my respect to Ethash which was really the hardest algo to make a ASIC for. Ethash bought power to GPU mining, can't really talk trash about it even if the ASIC has been developed.

'Soon'... Well let's add them to the List of GPU only Champions when they have forked perhaps? And I wouldn't go so far as to say FPGA's won't increase the difficulty of Monero, they are already increasing the difficulty of Monero... But you don't need to take my word for it, you can be surprised all over again when the hashrate drops over 50% next fork and bounces back in a matter of weeks due to quick adoptation of FPGA & ASIC.

Activity: 85
Merit: 0
Can you add Pigeoncoin (PGN) to the list? it uses the X16S algorithm with all the characteristics needed for asic resistance!

Added!
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
We cant deny that the raw computing power of GPU is still far more powerful than any other ASIC out there, however it will really depend on the algorithms that will be used and required by the blockchain. As of now even with the decline of GPU demand in crypto mining it is still profitable and it will still be in the coming years.
Activity: 54
I agree 100% with the need of GPU mining for the eco system to be more free and reliable. Let's keep this list going !
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
I really can't believe that luxCoin devs said that they try to remain FPGA resistant! That's awesome, respect for LuxCoin. LuxCoin devs are serious, i will visit their post soon.

Bitcoin Gold and private will fork soon. At current rate, FPGAs won't increase difficulty of Monero for gpu miners anytime soon.

Also I do want to pay my respect to Ethash which was really the hardest algo to make a ASIC for. Ethash bought power to GPU mining, can't really talk trash about it even if the ASIC has been developed.
Activity: 125
Merit: 35

List of GPU only mine-able champions include:
*List updated daily

-Monero
-Sumokoin
-Bitcoin Gold
-Bitcoin Private
-Bitcoin Z
-Safe Coin
-Ravencoin
-LUX
-Haven

Long live Cryptocurrency freedom!

Activity: 2
Can you add Pigeoncoin (PGN) to the list? it uses the X16S algorithm with all the characteristics needed for asic resistance!
Activity: 531
Merit: 29

Added.

We are not on a particular side necessarily as both have benefits to the system as a whole, but losing GPU mining entirely will forever negatively impact the community.

I agree 100%.
+ Ravencoin, x16r algo.. changes algo every few months.. Truly ASIC resistant  Wink

Added to the list!

I am not on either side, but you can add LUX also to the list:

We are pleased to announce PHI2 public testing has commenced on one of our testnets!

These new changes include FPGA and ASIC protection...along with 30-60% power reduction, and lower temps
Full release won't happen until we do a fork and introduce Segwit, Smart Contracts, POW/POS/MN reward changes and a few other things

Test pool: http://testpool.luxcore.io/ 
CC Miner: http://www.luxcore.io/files/ccminer-new-phi.zip

ccminer-x64.exe -a phi2 -o stratum+tcp://testpool.luxcore.io:3033 -u address -p x -i 21

Note: There are no rewards for testing - We are looking forward to your feedback!

Added.

We are not on a particular side necessarily as both have benefits to the system as a whole, but losing GPU mining entirely will forever negatively impact the community.
Activity: 294
Merit: 104
+ Haven

and a few others that are on CN Heavy (you mentioned SUMO already)
Activity: 531
Merit: 29
+ Ravencoin, x16r algo.. changes algo every few months.. Truly ASIC resistant  Wink

Added to the list!

I am not on either side, but you can add LUX also to the list:

We are pleased to announce PHI2 public testing has commenced on one of our testnets!

These new changes include FPGA and ASIC protection...along with 30-60% power reduction, and lower temps
Full release won't happen until we do a fork and introduce Segwit, Smart Contracts, POW/POS/MN reward changes and a few other things

Test pool: http://testpool.luxcore.io/ 
CC Miner: http://www.luxcore.io/files/ccminer-new-phi.zip

ccminer-x64.exe -a phi2 -o stratum+tcp://testpool.luxcore.io:3033 -u address -p x -i 21

Note: There are no rewards for testing - We are looking forward to your feedback!

Added to the list!
Activity: 306
Pages:
Jump to: