Pages:
Author

Topic: LIST - Projects with terrible initial distribution - highly manipulated schemes - page 2. (Read 1456 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Interestingly enough traders/investors seem to not care about premine/instamine issue. People would back anything as long as they will be promised profits.
Both Golem and Dash are really successful projects - at least when we are talking about their marketcap and Gnosis is not so far behind these two.

You have to realise what you are saying is based on what you can see only. Of course if a few people have a huge share then they can make it appear to have high volume and rising prices. So your statement regarding their apparent success just proves that people are easy to foil and suck into their schemes. MC is another tool they use to endorse their insider success. You can never know what success they are having because you do not know how much they own and how much they are just trading up between themselves.

Dash has actually created some things that are useful so this can explain some people over looking their instamine in some way.
Golem was perhaps not a full scam since ICN bought most of it in one hit and maybe that was not golems fault.

However ico's can not be closed ended because it leaves it open for super manipulation by a few whales.

TBH icos on here are totally open to manipulation anyway. Just wide advertising and open endedness makes it a little harder for them to make their own markets and manipulate everything you see.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
Make a list and maintain it.

But it is much easier to make a list of well distributed and fair launched projects first.

Yes ETH, XRP, NXT, Steem, and most evident DASH all had shady insider releases.  

My current revelation is that Stellar was 90% held by the original Ripple investors.

I think the markets have signaled that is fine.

The deference is that these (coins) are more like IOUs, a kind of bond or note in a centralized and small organization, think enterprise.

With the NEW scam, there is no clear way to PROVE a fair distribution,  but it is possible to make better windows to look thru.

My current question:
Do any of these ICOs have multisig (Treasury) that locks in the BTC/ETH raise?
Do they have budget plans, and T&C on payment/rewards?

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Interestingly enough traders/investors seem to not care about premine/instamine issue. People would back anything as long as they will be promised profits.
Both Golem and Dash are really successful projects - at least when we are talking about their marketcap and Gnosis is not so far behind these two.
legendary
@cryptohunter Which investments do you recommend then?  I see you bashing a lot (which is fair enough) but I would like to know which ones you think are promising and fair?  Thanks!

It is not a matter of what I think is fair. It is a matter of avoiding coins that have a terrible initial distribution because they are obviously open to gross manipulation and scamming.

Let's force projects to distribute in a reasonable manner or else make them pariahs.

ICO's should be well advertised and open ended in terms of giving everyone a fair chance to invest if they wish to.

POW fair launch protocol is the most provably fair way to distribute tokens but if we must go ico now insta ico is a no no.

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
@cryptohunter Which investments do you recommend then?  I see you bashing a lot (which is fair enough) but I would like to know which ones you think are promising and fair?  Thanks!
legendary
Add to this list Dash and Ethereum.

Dash yes everyone knows this but even they are not as bad as some of these new projects.

Eth i have no idea what the initial distribution was like but since they have a 50% pow this one is debatable isnt it? But perhaps it was a poor initial distribution after all.

What would actually be very very useful for the entire community is a detailed comparison of each ICO in a list.

Name   % kept by dev team  advertising conducted duration of ICO  amount raised

This would be very useful at spotting those that want to make their own markets and manipulate and control things to self enrich themselves at everyone else's expense.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
It would be much easier and faster to collect all the coins that doesn NOT have terrible initial distributions...
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Add to this list Dash and Ethereum.
legendary
We used to call projects scams if the devs did a 5% premine now it seems devs can take 90% + and 12M dollars and think they can get away with this kind of make your own markets self enrichment schemes. The old "scam" coins with their premines and insta-mines have nothing on these new self enrichment schemes.

Let's keep a track of the projects with terrible initial distribution - these projects are highly manipulated and most probable self enrichment schemes at best. Best to avoid giving into fomo upon which they play upon. The drastic rises and volume are probably fake and mostly  just the few whales /insiders that control it selling to themselves over and over.

ICO coins

GNO - gnosis - the worst one yet - do your own dd

Golem - another insta ICO - do your own dd

RLC - another Insta ICO - do your own dd

Qtum - do your own dd

POW -coins

Dash - large captive instamine - do your own dd

more Huh

Please add projects to this list. Let's keep track of these new insta -ico projects and any other projects that think they can make their own markets and control the price and volume.

This is to compile a list of coins that have a terrible initial distribution not other scam factors that of course can cause a project to become defined as a scam. This can include POW coins and ICO coins.

If a coin is listed here you think you have evidence did have a good intial distribution post in the thread and we can examine it.
Pages:
Jump to: