Pages:
Author

Topic: Listing coin in a big exchange ask for a refundable security deposit? - page 2. (Read 238 times)

Activity: 870
Merit: 125
What medium were you talking through and did you verified the communication channel? It's not a new thing for big exchanges to ask for a security deposit but that comes with a written contract of both the parties. You don't have to send anything unless its well written in your contract.
The official contacts for communication relating to listing a coin in Bithumb is [email protected]
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
-snip-
The only problem did you contacted "Bithumb" via their official website or not? If, yes then that the process of their listing agreement. If you got contacted by a random person on a telegram saying they can listing your token to some exchange and you give an email so he can send you some email for an official proposal. This could be lead to a scam attempt, so always make sure you are contacted via official resource.

Remember, every exchange has its own procedure.
Activity: 615
Merit: 154
CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

Never heard of an exchange asking for a refundable security deposit in coin listing but if that's a big exchange like you mentioned, I don't see any problem with that as no way they will put their name on becoming sh*t as it will ruin their reputation.

But anyways, can you disclose in public the name of the exchange? We can get a better response from the community if the name of the exchange will be mentioned. And are you sure you are dealing with their legit representative?

I have actually dumped the people I was talking too, because of suspicion of scam. The exchange was Bithumb.
I also doubt that big exchanges would charge a security deposit of 4 BTC (lot of money) and refund it later. I guess that once you have sent the 4 BTC, you will never heard about these people.

I do not have 4 BTC anyway, so the discussion was over. But I am still doubtful, I haven't seen articles or reports about these kind of practices, so if it is a sophisticated scam, it is good to report it here and let people know, to avoid some people losing all to these scammers.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

Never heard of an exchange asking for a refundable security deposit in coin listing but if that's a big exchange like you mentioned, I don't see any problem with that as no way they will put their name on becoming sh*t as it will ruin their reputation.

But anyways, can you disclose in public the name of the exchange? We can get a better response from the community if the name of the exchange will be mentioned. And are you sure you are dealing with their legit representative?
Activity: 615
Merit: 154
CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp
Hi

I am not sure if I am dealing with scammers, but I am dealing with a big exchange right now, and they are asking me to deposit cash as a security deposit, that is refundable the next months.

It sounds like a scam to me (are they going to run with this money and never list my coin)?

Is it a current practice?
Pages:
Jump to: