Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin - page 2. (Read 1062 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
March 30, 2013, 11:18:21 PM
I love Litecoin for the fact that the hardware I have can aftually make a profit mining it! CPU mining has been dead on Bitcoin for ages now, but it still has a hold in LTC. I still plan to invest in Bitcoin trading, but now I'm expanding into Litecoins as well.
Activity: 421
Merit: 250
March 30, 2013, 11:06:40 PM
Great advice from you all, thanks for the insight. I'll jump on this litecoin now before I regret doing so.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
March 30, 2013, 09:44:02 PM
I've never used them but https://btc-e.com seem to have a LTC exchange.

MtGox needs to open an exchange for it.

Yes, they should, but there's another consideration: their commission of 0,6% isn't competitive with BTC-e, which only charges 0,2% per trade. So if Gox were to accept litecoin, they would probably either have to lower their commission or provide superior offerings to BTC-e's.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
March 30, 2013, 09:38:02 PM
LiteCoin is the biggest threat to Bitcoin.

It's the only altcoin I would recommend and is where most GPU miners will end up after the ASIC invasion.

I've never used them but https://btc-e.com seem to have a LTC exchange.

MtGox needs to open an exchange for it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
March 30, 2013, 09:36:04 PM
It's brilliant, kind of like a faster-confirming clone of Bitcoin (it uses a different algorithm, however). From the end user's point of view, if you already know how to use Bitcoin then you can just as easily use Litecoin as well.

The most liquid Litecoin exchange is BTC-e. Vircurex also trades the BTC/LTC pair but has less volume.

You can get LTC within minutes on those exchanges if you already have BTC.
Activity: 421
Merit: 250
March 30, 2013, 09:32:54 PM
I've come across this new crypto currency (litecoin), is anyone here purchasing these coins? What's the possibility that they increase in value, as now they are <$1 a coin. It seems as this may be something to invest in at the moment.

If so what is the equivalent of a Mt.Gox where we can purchase and store the coins?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: