Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoins--Dead or Alive? - page 2. (Read 3881 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
May 08, 2012, 09:41:32 AM
Litecoin is dead.

I acquired some before they were on a exchange for 0.01 btc and they were loosing in value ever since.
I supported LTC from the start and even participated in the logo contest. It turned out to be the worst investment both in time and money I ever made.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
May 08, 2012, 08:17:16 AM
if I rent a VPS to mine the litecoin, will the VPS service provider ban my account?  It's using KVM.

I good provider shouldn't ban you maybe if you was taking up too many resource's on the VPS?  Anyway it probably makes a lot more sense to use the money you would spend on the VPS to buy litecoin at an exchange.  You'd probably get more LTC at the moment.
Activity: 859
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
May 08, 2012, 08:05:07 AM
if I rent a VPS to mine the litecoin, will the VPS service provider ban my account?  It's using KVM.

It really depends on the hosts AUP, im currently mining LTC on a cloud and my hosting provider has not suspended my account.
(touch wood)
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
May 08, 2012, 07:52:17 AM
LTC is live and well but needs some serious service development. This is the only way to add any value to any coin - usable in real life. 
If you can code, please write a LTC payment plugin for Drupal, OsCommerce etc.

And here is a page, that needs help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litecoin Smiley
My English is not good Enough to write it. Can you do it?
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
May 08, 2012, 07:29:33 AM
LTC is live and well but needs some serious service development. This is the only way to add any value to any coin - usable in real life. 
If you can code, please write a LTC payment plugin for Drupal, OsCommerce etc.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
May 08, 2012, 04:08:32 AM

Probably.  Any real VPS provider will have an acceptable use policy, and you can be sure abusing CPU resources is a part of it.
sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
May 08, 2012, 03:29:41 AM
If it survives, it will become a secondary transaction medium once bitcoins become impossible for the average person to mine, and too valuable to spend directly.

It does after all have a much faster verification rate and higher "total coin" limit, making it better for day to day transactions.

That won't be for a long while though, so don't hold your breath.

Average people don't need to mine, they can work for bitcoins or buy in with some other currency. BitCoins will never get too valuable to spend as they can be split into tiny fragments.

The faster verification rate is the only really useful thing about LiteCoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
May 08, 2012, 12:59:19 AM
If it survives, it will become a secondary transaction medium once bitcoins become impossible for the average person to mine, and too valuable to spend directly.

It does after all have a much faster verification rate and higher "total coin" limit, making it better for day to day transactions.

That won't be for a long while though, so don't hold your breath.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
May 07, 2012, 11:35:49 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
May 07, 2012, 11:26:31 PM
I've done a few private ltc transactions recently.

At the risk of stating the obvious, make the market. Sell something for ltc. Or offer to buy something for ltc.

I think I'm in the minority however, as most ltc 'supporters' are hoarding them for speculative reasons.

I have hope for litecoin, because it has lasted so long, but it does need something bold to reinvigorate the market.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
May 07, 2012, 09:58:26 PM
ltc is alive. People trade lots of it everyday. It's difficult to asic mine due to the heavy memory requirements, and still remains the only memory hard currency. It's probably worth more now that it's not botnet mined, and it's one of the longest lasting alt chains in existence.
Activity: 812
May 07, 2012, 09:58:10 PM
i'm also curious how these are going.

i bought a few for 0.001 btc each, and since then they've dropped to 0.0006.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
May 07, 2012, 09:53:02 PM
Hello Smiley I have recently become interested in LTC and have mined 7-8 of them (mostly on GPU, ~75khash/s).

I was curious what you guys thought... is litecoin dead? Are there any known merchants that accept LTC? I poked around on the internet and couldn't find any merchants accepting them, did I miss something? I understand the exchange rate is orders of magnitude lower than BTC (1BTC is worth thousands of LTC).
Pages:
Jump to: