Pages:
Author

Topic: LocalBitcoins asking to verify account - page 2. (Read 167 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 158
BTC Rocks
July 14, 2023, 01:07:42 PM
Today I received a mail from LocalBitcoins with the subject "You have bitcoins on LocalBitcoins - Check your account verification"
I don't remember if I had any bitcoins left there and also the LocalBitcoins already closed their service a long time back.

What is the point of sending this email and what could be the possible reason for this  Huh

By the way, this email came from [email protected] and I guess this is no phishing attempt as it is a legit address. Although there was a button "Verify your account" in the email, I did not click on it.
OP your post isn't appreciate in this Board as you see this board is for only Bitcoin Discussion. Here is a specific board which is Exchanges to post any discussion or ask something related to exchanges.

By the way, You will get your answer if you click on that link in a separate browser to find out if the website is real or not. But you have to be careful before login and recheck their website if name is authentic and try to use a new browser to check that. Receiving Emails from exchanges to verify KYC are pretty common but safety is the first priority. I didn't use this exchange for a single time but as far I know LocalBitcoins require KYC to use their exchange and here is their article about KYC :

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
July 14, 2023, 01:06:44 PM
Do not click on the link on the email.

Use the correct URL to login to check if it is true. I think people can still login on the site, check balance and withdraw. But you have to be careful of phishing attack. Login through the correct URL.

https://localbitcoins.com/
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
July 14, 2023, 12:52:38 PM
Today I received a mail from LocalBitcoins with the subject "You have bitcoins on LocalBitcoins - Check your account verification"
I don't remember if I had any bitcoins left there and also the LocalBitcoins already closed their service a long time back.

What is the point of sending this email and what could be the possible reason for this  Huh

By the way, this email came from [email protected] and I guess this is no phishing attempt as it is a legit address. Although there was a button "Verify your account" in the email, I did not click on it.
Pages:
Jump to: