Pages:
Author

Topic: Localbitcoins is intentionally trying to lowkey steal from its customers (me) - page 2. (Read 282 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 501
This crooked backwards run no good doesn't care one bit about its users ass site directly told me via big ass notification on my account that my wallet was active and I could send BTC as normal. It did NOT tell me I couldnt trade until I contacted support and went through a whole long process. What it said wa s I'd need to verify my phone number and given that it said my wallet was fine and I'd be able to send BTC aka withdraw ifsomething went wrong i went ahead and deposited, which it let me do just fine with zero indication of wallet issues. Well when I tried to verify it said THEN that I couldnt do the thing the note on my account said I needed to do and I had to deal with "3-5 days response time is our best case scenario"  support. Ok that's a little annoying and a bit of a waste of time but oh well not the end of the world. I'll just send the BTC back to myself and sell them another way. WRONG. That giant note encouraging me to deposit and assuring me my wallet is perfectly fine and I'll have no issues sending BTC apparently is a flat out lor at best and an intentional mislead to get my/your money locked into their thieving site at worst. Now my BTC is stuck there until I can deal with support (go check the localbitcoin reddit for an idea of how quick painless and productive that is) and I was told by the site specifically that I wouldn't have this problem.

I'm ok with the forced vacation shit if you say I got hacked. I can go through the hoops to get my account back fully active and open back up trading. I can accept all that. I cannot, but no choice but to accept, that I have to go through all this time and all these hoops just to get my own coins which they said I could send and which it happily let me deposit without a single hint that I shouldn't beca[Suspicious link removed] coins were going to be A)useless for quite awhile and B) stuck on this stupid crooked site for an extended time and that it was acrually worse tHan pointless because it's actively denying me my assets and making me go through a process that at this point with how unsatisfied I am I don't even care to go through because I'd just as well never login that gross shady website ever again (and I've been a member 6 + years) but unless I wanna donate to them for my troubles ill be forced to jump through all these stupid hoops just to send my own BTC which I already am supposed to be able to send back to myself and then log out once aND for all from localbitcoins aka the first business to ever, in 34 years, make me feel righteous indignation. I will be copy pasting this on every social media I can think of who might remotely know what localbitcoins is and while I may not accomplish much you better believe I'm gonna try. And since I'm just screwed on the thing I needed my to sell those coins for when I finally do get them back I'm going to use the money to buy ads anywhere i can and through ad words in general highlighting how shit this company really is.

If I'm you and my experiences with them have always been good then I'm quiting while I'm ahead and moving on to something new because localbitcoins doesn't care about you even a little bit.

Ugh.
OMG, has it come to this now with localbitcoins. Hence my hate for developed escrow services, i would rather trust a certified centralized institution to cash out my cryptocurrencies than to sound all greedy in the name of higher rates and get involved in stuffs like these.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
I genuinely don't like any site that will lure users to deposit and then give such strictness to get your money out, such actions just display lack of trust and shady, why does it have to be so stressful when you want to get your money out, even the customer service not very helpful according to the post, I think people have should be aware of this to be careful.
Activity: 66
Merit: 1
I'm not at all surprised, many people want to steal from their customers and do not even try to hide it
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Yea the more I looked for info on getting help the more examples I found of them being like this. Being unable to withdraw is bad enough on its own but to put a big notification specifically telling me that i can withdraw and letting me deposit only to turn around immediately and not let me/keep my coins is some thing else and i honestly can't believe they did it. That notice is still on my account saying my wallet is active and i can send withdraw as normal by the way

It's messed up man and they've put me in a bind. I'd have been upset no matter what just on principle but it's worse cause of the issues it's causing mr and they just don't care.
Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox
I have also read these issue on reddit and you are the second person who have a complain against localbitcoin.com. The reason I guess is that possibly localbitcoins.com is still recovering from the hacking few months ago. Their system was compromised and that many users who used the forum of localbitcoins.com was redirected and became victim of phishing attacks. Because of that event there are quite a number of users who withdraw from the site.

I also found a third person who is complaining about the site when he cannot withdraw - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.localbitcoins.com- that the website is holding his withdrawal and the support is not answering.

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
This crooked backwards run no good doesn't care one bit about its users ass site directly told me via big ass notification on my account that my wallet was active and I could send BTC as normal. It did NOT tell me I couldnt trade until I contacted support and went through a whole long process. What it said wa s I'd need to verify my phone number and given that it said my wallet was fine and I'd be able to send BTC aka withdraw ifsomething went wrong i went ahead and deposited, which it let me do just fine with zero indication of wallet issues. Well when I tried to verify it said THEN that I couldnt do the thing the note on my account said I needed to do and I had to deal with "3-5 days response time is our best case scenario"  support. Ok that's a little annoying and a bit of a waste of time but oh well not the end of the world. I'll just send the BTC back to myself and sell them another way. WRONG. That giant note encouraging me to deposit and assuring me my wallet is perfectly fine and I'll have no issues sending BTC apparently is a flat out lor at best and an intentional mislead to get my/your money locked into their thieving site at worst. Now my BTC is stuck there until I can deal with support (go check the localbitcoin reddit for an idea of how quick painless and productive that is) and I was told by the site specifically that I wouldn't have this problem.

I'm ok with the forced vacation shit if you say I got hacked. I can go through the hoops to get my account back fully active and open back up trading. I can accept all that. I cannot, but no choice but to accept, that I have to go through all this time and all these hoops just to get my own coins which they said I could send and which it happily let me deposit without a single hint that I shouldn't beca[Suspicious link removed] coins were going to be A)useless for quite awhile and B) stuck on this stupid crooked site for an extended time and that it was acrually worse tHan pointless because it's actively denying me my assets and making me go through a process that at this point with how unsatisfied I am I don't even care to go through because I'd just as well never login that gross shady website ever again (and I've been a member 6 + years) but unless I wanna donate to them for my troubles ill be forced to jump through all these stupid hoops just to send my own BTC which I already am supposed to be able to send back to myself and then log out once aND for all from localbitcoins aka the first business to ever, in 34 years, make me feel righteous indignation. I will be copy pasting this on every social media I can think of who might remotely know what localbitcoins is and while I may not accomplish much you better believe I'm gonna try. And since I'm just screwed on the thing I needed my to sell those coins for when I finally do get them back I'm going to use the money to buy ads anywhere i can and through ad words in general highlighting how shit this company really is.

If I'm you and my experiences with them have always been good then I'm quiting while I'm ahead and moving on to something new because localbitcoins doesn't care about you even a little bit.

Ugh.
Pages:
Jump to: