Pages:
Author

Topic: LocalBitcoins is no longer available in Germany ? - page 4. (Read 7116 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
Is there anyone from Germany who can really confirm that LocalBitcoins is unavailable at their location ?

I can confirm! To reach the site I have to use proxy from outside of germany. I checked if any seller and services from germany are available. Nothing! Each city and known sellers can not be find any more.  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042
www.explorerz.top
Is there anyone from Germany who can really confirm that LocalBitcoins is unavailable at their location ?

i am from germany, getting this message:

"Unfortunately LocalBitcoins is currently not available in your selected region. Please look for other location or come back later."

but i can login and browse adds. after logging in it looks normal...
Activity: 860
Merit: 423
German government needs to stop money from getting out, it is needed to save the Euro ...  Angry

Or maybe they are just under pressure because so many Germans have been scammed when stolen bank accounts were used to buy coins? So far LBC has done nothing to prevent that at all.

We will see. If it is about cash trades, it means totalitarian reasons. If it is about SEPA/bank transfers, that would make perfect sense.

What are the alternatives to LBC?

For the moment I don't know another service like localBitcoins , because I just got back here in the forum & I'm an early adopter from 2011 and I would like to know how to sell some bitcoins.

We are in the last phase of testing of our exchange and will launch soon on www.100bit.co.in. Its going to be similar to LocalBitcoins but with more feature. If you are interested, you may like to leave your ID on the site for an early invite...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Fidor is a bank, such is needed only for wires. Bitcoin.de has its own system of registering bank accounts and work with Fidor, because many banks do not like Bitcoin.

So that is clear; in fact it would be nice if LBC would eliminate SEPA scams that way.

But, but, but: for LOCAL trades, and that is what LBC is all about, one would need no Fidor or anything else, because it is perfectly legal to do cash trades for legal goods and services, in Germany.

The limit is 10 000 EUR for businesses but not private counterparties (afaik)

This makes no sense so far: if putting buyers and sellers together would require a license, any forum or newspaper that lists small ads, would need such a license... Huh
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
It is an intersting move, maybe they are just protecting themselves. Currently as bitcoin is "private money" you are allowed to sell it, but if you are selling in a commerical manner, repeat sales ect then you need a money transmitter license.

ATM operators also need a money transmitter license for the most part.

It is not easy to get  a money transmitter license in Germany, this is one reason why bitcoin.de had to partner with fidor bank to even be allowed, and it is a p2p exchange. This also could be a reason why skrill has its company registered in England but is more or less a German company.

Derp.

To start with, there is no money transmitter license in Germany.

Second, according to Germany's interpretation it comes under MiFid.

They potentially (I think not, because jurisdiction) need the licenses required for a 'Multilateral trading facility' which is a step down from a full blown commodities/stock exchange.

But yes, that is why Kraken/Bitcoin.de use Fidor's license. As that covers MiFid.

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
German government needs to stop money from getting out, it is needed to save the Euro ...  Angry

Or maybe they are just under pressure because so many Germans have been scammed when stolen bank accounts were used to buy coins? So far LBC has done nothing to prevent that at all.

We will see. If it is about cash trades, it means totalitarian reasons. If it is about SEPA/bank transfers, that would make perfect sense.

For the moment I don't know another service like localBitcoins , because I just got back here in the forum & I'm an early adopter from 2011 and I would like to know how to sell some bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
German government needs to stop money from getting out, it is needed to save the Euro ...  Angry

From Germany to Bangladesh, every government is worried that money is going out. So, where the money is going in ?
legendary
Activity: 1372
German government needs to stop money from getting out, it is needed to save the Euro ...  Angry

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
As assumed and stated it is to do with regulatory reasons that obviously Localbitcoins doesn't currently comply.

Localbitcoins is one of the oldest exchange. So what regulatory issue has suddenly popped up ? Moreover, AFAIK, they are from Finland. So, how come German regulation applies to them ?

Why they have decided to close it ? I think it is not a good idea , but at the end why this type of decision ?

Obviously some type or legal or regulatory pressure.

Why do you need conformation when Local Bitcoins tweeted about it themselves?

Me too , I'm interested  to know if it is a real  thing or not. Can someone confirm ?
legendary
As assumed and stated it is to do with regulatory reasons that obviously Localbitcoins doesn't currently comply.

Localbitcoins is one of the oldest exchange. So what regulatory issue has suddenly popped up ? Moreover, AFAIK, they are from Finland. So, how come German regulation applies to them ?

Why they have decided to close it ? I think it is not a good idea , but at the end why this type of decision ?
Activity: 274

Problems pop up all the time for various reasons but it's usually because the authorities have suddenly took an interest or some new laws or regulations have come into place.
legendary
Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020
Get Rekt
It is an intersting move, maybe they are just protecting themselves. Currently as bitcoin is "private money" you are allowed to sell it, but if you are selling in a commerical manner, repeat sales ect then you need a money transmitter license.

ATM operators also need a money transmitter license for the most part.

It is not easy to get  a money transmitter license in Germany, this is one reason why bitcoin.de had to partner with fidor bank to even be allowed, and it is a p2p exchange. This also could be a reason why skrill has its company registered in England but is more or less a German company.

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Where it's based doesnt matter because if they want to operate in a specific country then they need to apply and comply with local laws.
legendary

Activity: 338
legendary
https://twitter.com/LocalBitcoins/status/541991711040606208

What is happening at Germany ? I heard that they have given permission for Bitcoin ATMs too ?
Pages:
Jump to: