Pages:
Author

Topic: Localbitcoins now requires identification - page 3. (Read 442 times)

legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
I'm always expecting that LBC will require KYC verification soon.
Yes it's P2P but still a "widely known" trading platform,
regulators wont tolerate any crypto in their sights that has the potential to become a hidden sub-black-market trading ground Undecided

Time to move to a new p2p trading platform?
I never used LBC since it isn't available in our Country but we have local exchanges and
3rd party trading service providers that requires KYC verification even before this KYC "issue" became a Bitcoin-users' issue,
and I didn't have any problem with that (In my case).

If you wanted to trade Peer-to-peer anonymously, use other "methods".
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
Is there any announcement to go with that? I'm wondering if that affects all accounts if it is just trades over a certain amount or in specific countries.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
So we all knew that LBC was already going down the path of forced verification for advertisers, and they made the move that all advertisers will have to verify themselves before they can trade back in January.. And then later there was a warning for all people who had a high trade volume and "recommended" that they verify their identity. But I never expected them to actually restrict somewhat high volume traders so fast, since I was greeted with this message:

You need to verify your identity before you can continue trading. Proceed to verify your identity

I mean, you could still create new accounts and trade from them anonymously, but it's a tedious process to go through email and phone verification all the time. And a lot of offers won't be available to you because of the fact that you can't consistently trade up for a good reputation.

Time to move to a new p2p trading platform?
Pages:
Jump to: